Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Two

+5
Shorjahl
Forgeless Kilik
Osvald Hale
Kellar
Ao
9 posters

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Chapter Two - Page 5 Empty Re: Chapter Two

Post  DiceMaster Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:13 pm

The member 'Shorjahl' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D4' : 3, 3, 2

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:48 pm

Custer waves his rapier in the air at K'Tesh harmlessly before the elf lands his blows.  "Ah!  That stings, K'Tesh, but my little sister has hit me harder!"  Cuss bobs and weaves while turning K'Tesh so that his back is to the rest of his team running up the alley.  

[Using cunning action to disengage and move around K'Tesh and then around Osvald.]

As Custer strides past Osvald, he yells up, "Behind ya!" to the background music of Shorjahl's chiming bracer and attack.  Custer turns and stops over the prone thug as a loud "NO!" rings out from beyond Osvald and K'Tesh.  He smiles down at the thug as he shoves his rapier under the mans chin.  Custer looks up at the thug holding the crossbow, and frowns "Sorry about your friend."

[Sneak attack on prone thug with advantage +5.  I picture this putting me engaged with the crossbow thug at start of next round, and Osvald between just between me and K'Tesh, ya?]

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue49/49Chapter Two - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
Chapter Two - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue6/6Chapter Two - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:49 pm

[Damn, if you put in dice when you post, then modify cause another post was there, make sure you put the dice back. i forgot. Sad ]
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue49/49Chapter Two - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)
Chapter Two - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue6/6Chapter Two - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:49 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 2, 14

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgeless Kilik Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:53 pm

His heavy legs weren't built for sprinting, and his breath came heavily as his feet pounded along.

Holy. Marthammor. I. Don'. Know. he began windily before trusting his god's ability to hear his silent thoughts I don' know why we've picked this fight, but there be some decent enough folk laying' in that alley, an' I know ye'd want me to help 'em, as I can.

---------------------------
Actions:

Kilik casts guidance on himself and moves forward to join the fray.
Forgeless Kilik
Forgeless Kilik
Warrior

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue33/33Chapter Two - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (33/33)
Chapter Two - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue3/3Chapter Two - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:55 pm

NOOOOO!!!!!

Was all Kellar heard, and saw what Shorjahl was yelling about... The drow had come down upon Cus with a flurry of dagger strikes!

As Kellar closed the distance, he saw Little One had adjusted his position and the drow now had his back to him.

Kellar crouched low and leapt into the air one final time Strength Roll= 5+4= 9; Failure!! His footing wasn't the best as he went into the air and he sacrificed some distance forward, but he managed to remove a javelin and hurl it toward the fray, hoping it'd hit the drow square in the back! Attack Roll= 8+3=11; Miss!

Kellar landed with a roll and removed his lance, ready to charge! Orbaugh, after the drow. Sting him! I will! I will! Orbaugh sting!

Actions:
Kellar will close the distance and offer pursuit if the enemies try to disperse.
Orbaugh will attack in the next round if he closes the gap.

Last edited by Kellar on Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:55 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 5, 8

--------------------------------

#2 'D6' : 6

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:39 pm

The crossbow bolt screamed through Osvalds arm, and he screamed back.

Cuss said something behind him, but when he looked back, it was into K'tesh snarling face; Cuss had rolled around him, and the two now stood nearly back to back.

The drows eyes were wild with hate, and Osvald met the glare with a glowering grin. Shorjahls cry echoed down the Alley, and Osvald enjoyed the thought of the dark elf liquified into a fine pink paste.

His right arm was dead meat, but Osvald ducked low and turned on his heel, hurling his dagger with his left at K'tesh, calling on arcane powers he hadn't known he knew.

===

Dagger throw at K'tesh + casting Hail of Thorns, next ranged attack will trigger effect.

11 + 5 + 2 (fighting style: archery) = hit! (barely)

Last edited by Osvald Hale on Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue41/41Chapter Two - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (41/41)
Chapter Two - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue4/4Chapter Two - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:39 pm

The member 'Osvald Hale' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 11

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:26 am

[Osvald, because of your ‘sneaky dagger’, I’m not going to give K’Tesh an opportunity to Evade]

Magic missiles rip through the alleyway, sizzling and crackling upon the drow’s cloak as the force staggers K’Tesh backwards.

The thug lying upon the ground scrambles to come up, face to face to with Custer.

“You rotten lout-"

Osvald straightens, the huntsman’s dagger sailing through the air like an arrow.

*SLICH*

Osvald watches as it finds a home in the folds of K’Tesh’s whirling cape. The sound was like a butcher, liberating a steak from a flank.

The drow staggers for a second, reaching out toward Custer. He falls, retching on the way down.

In disbelief, the thugs whirl around, their jaws slackening at their fallen authority.

K’Tesh lies in a heap, his body writhing and contorting with the last breaths of death. A gurgling rises in his throat, blood pouring from the nape of his neck from whence the knife protrudes.

[…]

“Bloody god of murder!” shouts the crossbow-wielding thug, who drops his weapon to the ground.

The other drops his sword, and the two back up toward the wall with their hands held high as the remainder of the fellowship approaches.

15 feet away, Andrianna’s head rolls back and forth as she groans. The sack of fabrics beside her moves slightly, as if a living creature might be inside.

The thugs look at the body of K’Tesh as it lies cold and unmoving upon the cobbles.

“Twisted teats of the immaculate streetwalker!”

“Holy codpiece of the three-balled deity!”

“Black ornery shitbird of the thousand-faced arse-devourer!”

They babble on in madness and terror, looking at one another, and then to you.

“You’ve gone and killed K’Tesh. The eye of Cyric! The forsaker of Lolth! The knife in the dark that creeps unseen beneath the underskirts of Esmeltaran!”

“The right hand of the Shadow Thieves!”

The two men seem beside themselves.

“We’re dead. We’re all dead. All of us! Gods be good! We’re marked men!”

=====================

Ok gents, K’Tesh has folded like a cheap suitcase with that heroic knife throw.

+150 EXP to each of you, even those of you on stunty legs still running down the alleyway.

15 feet away likes Andrianna and her mysterious pile of fabrics.

The two men are completely disarmed, staring in horror at K’Tesh’s dead body.

Proceed as you will.

-Ao
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1/1Chapter Two - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Chapter Two - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter Two - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:52 pm

Shorjahl skids to a halt beside Osvald, breathing heavily, eyes set with murderous intent. They flick to K'tesh's corpse, then to the two men who were with him. He holds his hand out to them in a menacing gesture, "Stay where you are," his voice is hoarse, almost a growl. "Osvald, Cuss, you alright?"

He nods to Kilik and Kellar, "Check on her," indicating Andrianna, then somewhat lower so the thugs don't hear, "...and see if Geld is alive." His attention returns to the two thugs, his bracer still glowing and chiming as he points his outstretched fingers in a claw grip at them, slightly vibrating with restraint.

"Start talking." his hooded azure eyes flicker with coiled rage and arcane power.
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 12
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue24/24Chapter Two - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (24/24)
Chapter Two - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue4/4Chapter Two - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:13 pm

Custer glances at K'Tesh's crumpled form, and then back to the thugs.  He sheathes his rapier and returns his crossbow to his hand, cocks it, and lays a bolt in the flight, then levels it at the head of the thug he stabbed.  "Quit ya babblin and have a seat, right there, backs against the wall."  He cast a sideways glance and smile at Shorjahl, then says, "Lets tie their ankles and hands.  I also fancy a bit of conversation."  Custer will keep his crossbow aimed at the Thugs while they are being restrained.  

While standing there, Cuss moves his left hand to cradle the pain in his left flank.  The sting of his touch makes him wince, and his hand comes away from the wound bloody.  Too damned slow.  He holds up his hand to look at the blood, then looks down at the men being restrained.  He licks the blood from his fingers with a smile, never breaking his stare.  

Once they are good and tied up, Custer will move his crossbow to his left hand while he walks backwards to the body of the fallen Drow.  He will kneel down and turn K'Tesh over, then start checking his pockets and pouches while talking to him, "Didn't have to be like this, ya know.  Could have shared a couple o nice Golden Sands Orange Lagers and put old business past us, ya know?  Hard feelings beget a hard fall, so it seems."  

After laying whatever he finds out on K'Tesh's chest, Custer stows his crossbow, drops his pack, and pulls out a length of rope.  He stands and faces Osvald and the others while they check on Andrianna.  "He should ave come for me after that big show at the Sands, ya?  Yet, here we are, and here they are." He points at Andrianna in the pile of broken barrels.  "Me thinks he is our best lead."  Custer points at the two tied up thugs.  "I can be trying to get something from these two, but me thinks K'Tesh is who has the answers.  Lets tie em up and wake em back up to a knife at his throat, ya?  Mayhaps we finally loosened that cursed black tongue of his."  

Custer drops the rope at K'Tesh's feet, then pulls pliers and a hammer out of his pack.  He points the pliers at the thugs, "Betting these boys don't know much, but I'll find out what I can."  He strolls over a kicks the injured one's boot.  "Me name's Custer Thickett.  The way I sawr it, you boys just killed K'Tesh Hun'ett in cold blood.  Me thinking that we are going to be real good friends, or..."  Custer clicks the pliers open and closed, "not so much.  What did they take from Athkatla?"

------

Custer wants to tie up K'Tesh's body and then heal him back to life, and interrogate him very roughly before possibly killing him again much slower.

Custer will proceed to interrogate the thugs until the party makes a decision or Andrianna wakes up screaming.
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:06 pm

[sorry cuss, Ktesh is dead. You're just psychotically playing with a dead body Smile ]

[if you guys wanted to do subdual damage, I needed that in your posts. It's too late! The drow has expired.]
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1/1Chapter Two - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Chapter Two - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter Two - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:40 pm

Shorjahl's demeanor darkens at what Cuss is doing. He clears his throat until the hin looks at him, then shakes his head in admonishment. "I know you're angry right now Custer, but think. We don't want to stoop to their level." He returns his attention to the two thugs against the wall. "Speak quickly so that I don't have to convince my very angry and very dangerous friend to not torture you to death..."
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue24/24Chapter Two - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (24/24)

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:47 pm

Custer looks up at Shorjahl, and tilts his head in confusion. "What? I wasn't going to kill them. Was just thinking about their kneecaps and tongues. If I'm to go telling that these two killed K'Tesh, I'd rather not having em say otherwise. Kneecaps heal, and, well, you heard em. Toril'd be saved their babble."

Cuss looks at K'Tesh's body, then back to the Thugs. He holds up his hammer, "Funny I don't hear anything coming out of your mouths now?!"
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Osvald stuffs his hand axe back into his belt, and cradles his limp arm, his flesh slick with blood. The bolt dangles limply just above his elbow, it had nearly passed straight through. Coming off of his combat high, the pain started coming in waves. Grunting, he twists around and pulls the bolt the rest of the way through, it comes out with a sickening pop. Osvald places his hand over the wound and whispers a quiet prayer to old, nameless gods, and feels his flesh knit back together. Flexing his fingers, he tests his elbow slowly and walks over to the body of K'tesh.

"Y'know Cuss, if you wanted to talk, ye shouldn't have shot him in the mouth." Osvald says, frowning down at the drows body as Cuss searches him. Osvald leans down and wrenches his dagger free from the Drows neck and collects his boot knife where it clattered harmlessly a few feet away down the alley, stowing both.

"Kilik, how fare the harpers? Shorjahl, can we have some light?"

Eyeballing the thugs, he shifts the focus of his quarry to them.

"Come on fellas... Make this easy for all of us."

"Kellar, maybe we should fetch the horses?"

=====

Transfer Hunters Mark to "Acey" in case we have to track them later or some nonsense.

Cure wounds on self. (Final spell slot consumed for the day.)

If Kellar agrees Osvald will lead him back to the stabled horses and return with them, unless someone has a different suggestion.
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue41/41Chapter Two - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (41/41)

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:05 pm

Custer looks up at Osvald, then back down at K'Tesh's jaw and the bolt sticking out.  Custer has to cover his mouth with his free hand to stifle roaring laughter.  Once his body stops shaking, Cuss wipes his lips and says, "Aye, seemed he talked well 'nuff for ya stuck em in the neck though.  If he had it his way, I'd need a new face."  He looks to Osvald with watery eyes, and fights back another laugh as he struggles to say, "Would ya have lent me yours?"

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:24 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo fail)
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:07 pm

Shorjahl just continues to glower at Cuss, then the mood breaks as Osvald starts speaking. The arcanist nods to the ranger and he floats a rock into the center of the alley, lighting it up brilliantly, illuminating the grisly scene before them. "Certainly these fools know little, we just need to know who, when, and where the important facts are," he says to Cuss. Shorjahl squeezes the hin's shoulder soothingly, "Go see to those wounds, I'll handle these two."
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:15 pm

Cuss shakes Shojahl's hand from his shoulder, then winces in pain as he drops the pliers and brings his hand back to his side. His eyes close and his face relaxes as he cradles the wound. He then opens his eyes staring back at Shorjahl, his face showing disdain and his tone flat malice, "I'm fine." His face then relaxes again, and his eyes again show pain and some confusion, maybe in momentary deep thought. "I won't hammer their kneecaps."

He then begins to rattle on in his normal fashion, still cradling his flank. "What's that this one said about Cyric and Lloth. Not more than two moons ago I couldn't a told ya who this Cyric is, now they go saying K'Tesh is working with both? Ya think it is some code, then? Maybe Kesian was a Drow 'swell. Maybe that's why the big hole was in that cave, ya know." Custer's face goes limp, and he looks back to K'Tesh, "Damn, I forgot to tell em I pissed down into that Abyss just in case he were down there." His eyes cut to Osvald, showing sudden disapproval as if he somehow held the Ranger responsible for the Drow's death.
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:15 pm

"Ha, it'd fit loose on that little skull of yours, my friend... And besides, I doubt ye could handle all the sudden attention from fair maidens. Nah, tis best my face stay where it is." Says Osvald, smiling broadly.

=====

Forgot to roll healing

5+2 = 7hp regained

Last edited by Osvald Hale on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:17 pm

Dice roller won't trigger if some one else posts while I'm writing
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:17 pm

The member 'Osvald Hale' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D8' : 5

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:19 pm

Shorjahl nods, allowing the halfling to go and cool off. He takes a few more steps closer to the two thugs, "Even my patience is growing thin. I won't do you another favor," he levels a meaningful look at both of them, then nods back to Cuss as he rambles to K'tesh's corpse in the background. "Now, talk. Who's K'Tesh working for? Are the Shadow Thieves in league with Cyricists? Why were you attacking these h-- people?"
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:29 pm

Cuss kicks Shojahl's left boot, "Ey, I was talkin to you not..." Cuss shakes his head, "They know who they are." He looks at the thugs and lowers his chin as he looks accusingly, "Right boy?"
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:34 pm

Shorjahl turns to look back at Cuss just as one of the thugs was about to speak, his brows crumpling together in indignation and annoyance. When he realizes what Cuss was asking, he thinks for a moment. "I don't think Keisan was a drow, no. But, I don't doubt that worshippers of evil gods would work together. Perhaps they," he nods to the thugs, "meant K'Tesh was the hand of Lloth simply because he was a drow. They don't seem to be members of academia," he looks back at them appraisingly, finding little but dimwits.
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:43 pm

Custer tilts his head from one side to the other, "But how can he be the hand of a spider and the face of a Halfling at the same time?  Sorry, I'm not so good with this religion stuff.  Follow me along on this though, there was a big hole down to the Underdark in the cave, no?  Probably, yes?  Kesian, with the mask of a laughing Halfing face was with a bunch of Orcs up in the teeth looking for something, ya?  These Har..."  Custers eyes narrow in shared annoyance, "People... Say the Shadows took something, ya?  We saw a whole army gathering right out there, no?  And he's here, ya?"  Custer's face pales as confusion clearly sets in between his eyes, and he wobbles slightly as he catches his breath, "Oiy, me heads spinning."
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Shorjahl nods along with Cuss. "I'm sure they're connected. Almost certain. But that is several tiers beyond us right now. I'm mostly concerned with surviving the next ten minutes, more than preventing a war from foul creatures of the underdark and their orc minions." He casts his gaze about the illuminated alleyway. "We need to move, and soon." He looks to Cuss, "Start thinking of the safest place in the city that we can get to quickly."
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:01 pm

Custer smiles, "Ya, we'll get to that.  We can still go see me father and stay at the Borrow, or just head back to Esmeldas."  Custer points at K'Tesh, "We should take em with us, in a cart, ya?  Or mayhaps just say he's passed out drunk."  Custers scratches his chin with his bloody hand, "I should at least show father his head."  Custer stops scratching and pulls on Shorjahl's cloak with the same hand, looking up with wide eyes, "When did he say it'd be over, Shorjy?"  He then holds up the hammer in his other hand, turning to threaten the thug, "When does it start?"

[Rolling intimidate with advantage from Shorjahl's assistance.  Turns out I suck at it, +2]
21 Niiiccceeee.

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:01 pm

#1 'D20' : 19

#2 'D20' : 14

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgeless Kilik Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:35 pm

Kilik moved to Adrianna's side, attending to her as best the need for haste and the present environs allowed.

What pot o' foul soup have ye gone an' stirred us into now? he mutter as he tended to her wounds.

An' what's this, then? he wondered as his eyes roamed over the bundle that Adrianna seemed to have been carrying.

Actions:

Medicine check (+ Guidance): 12 (If magic is necessary to revive her, he'll cast cure wounds)

Perception check on the bundle of cloth: 23

Last edited by Forgeless Kilik on Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forgeless Kilik
Forgeless Kilik
Warrior

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Two - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue33/33Chapter Two - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (33/33)
Chapter Two - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue3/3Chapter Two - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:35 pm

The member 'Forgeless Kilik' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 7

#2 'D4' : 4

#3 'D20' : 18

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:34 pm

Kellar fetched the errant javelin from the street, near K'tesh' corpse, while Little One had decided to poke at it while badgering the two remaining assailants. The javelin removed cleanly from the earth and he stowed back in its holder, and then proceeded toward Andrianna.

Yes, I'll check on Adrianna and see how she fares, he responded to Shorjahl, who had just illuminated the alleyway they were all standing in.

Kellar approached Andrianna and Kilik, who was at her side already tending to her wounds. Master Dwarf, it appears that you have her in hand, he said, as he knelt down opposite from Kilik by Andrianna and gave her face a pat, trying to bring her back to consciousness.

When you and Shorjahl are through, if they're still alive after the hammer, set them on their way, Kellar said to Cus. If they're "marked men," as they claim, we don't need to worry about their fate or them mustering enough courage to come at us again, he continued. If this one doesn't wake up, I'll carry her back to the Inn, he said as he nudged Andrianna again.

Actions:
Kellar will see what happens with the thugs, and suggests that the group should leave the drow where he lay.
Kellar will will accompany the group to whichever Inn they choose, and will carry Andrianna if she's still unconscious.
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:11 pm

Custer hangs his head,   First, they light up the dark alley where everybody in town can see the dead man, and now they want to let the two witnesses run free.  When we all get killed, I'm sure they'll blame me for it.  "Me thinks you lot don't need be making any habits out of these types of shady doings.  If ya don't want all the Shadows in town keeping ya up tonight, then we ought bring these two with us."

----

Cuss won't fuss, but he would prefer if the witnesses were not let free while they still have tongues to tell tales.  If they keep their tongues, he'd rather tie them up under their cloaks and make them come along with the group until a situation arises where they may be locked up in a small room.
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:04 pm

The two thugs look upon you, their eyes wide with concern. They begin to look up and down the alley, but no passerby’s are bothering to look in.

Kilik, leaning close to Andrianna, sees her eyes open slowly. She begins to speak, but her speech is slurred.

“G…Geld.” She points at the bag.

Swiftly, the dwarf rips it open. Sure enough, Geld is curled up inside completely unconscious.

The dwarf sees to tending her.

“We don’t know the lot of this story. That I can assure you!” speaks the first thug, appealing his story to Shorjahl and avoiding the maniacal gaze of Custer.

“We’re not Shadow Thieves. Hells, we don’t even work for Thickett or the other merchant houses. We’re retainers for Trevigne’s. Guardsmen!”

The other thug shakes his head in agreement.

“K’Tesh walked into the commons not a half hour ago, cloak across his face. Slipped somethin’ into the drink o’ those two unconscious fellers over there while Gesmelda was pouring’ em. We don’t question the shadows! Gods know, we pay out to ‘em like everyone else in Esmeltaran!”

He takes a gulp of air.

“So they pass out a minute later, right into their cups. An’ K’Tesh has us pick em up and drag em out the back cellar way. I won’ lie, we was enthusiastic about it. K’tesh promised us a good word with the Shadows, an’ times are tough in Esmeltaran. Any work is work, you know? Anyway, then you lot came along, and here we are.”

The other thug nods again.

“So wot’ll ya do with us? Who are you? The Zhents? The Red Hand?”

The other one lets out a cry of fear and protest.

“Oh gods! Not The Red Hand!”

The first shoots him a glare, knocking him upside the head.

“Quiet! You don’ even know who The Red Hand is you thick-headed lout. Trippin’over your own sword like a stableboy. Honestly man, it’s a good thing we pay the Shadows to keep trouble out of Trevigne’s or you’dve been skewered seasons ago!”

The other thug shuts up.

“C’mon fellows. Please! There’s no need to kneecap us. Or, nine hells forbid, cut out our tongues! People die in these here alleys everyday, K’Tesh included. We leave his body here, nobody thinks any different. Probably a few days afore they find him, anyhow. An’ in the meantime, we’ll tell you whatever it is we could possibly know about…gods what was it…Cyric? Orcs? Other drow? Wot is it ye need?”

=================

EXP: +20
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:06 pm

[Kilik, Medicine Check]: It's fairly obvious to you that Andrianna has been poisoned. It seems to be wearing off, but it'll be an hour or so yet before she's coherent, by your estimation.
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:48 pm

Custer's eyes remain narrow as they dart from one thug to the other while they are telling their tale.  

[Rolling insight to see if Cuss can decide if they are lying or not.  +1]

[If Custer is uncertain or convinced they are telling the truth, he will:]

Custer looks from one thug to the other, his face falling loose, showing the defeat he felt inside.  His right arms falls limp beside him, and the hammer slips from his right hand to thump on the ground.  He backs away slowly, and when his left boot bumps against K'Tesh's body, Custer sits atop the dead Drow.  He rest his elbows on his knees, and brings both hands up to hide his face.  He rocks back and forth twice, then pulls his hands down his face, smearing blood down the left side.  When he pulls his mouth open, he groans.  

Custer uses his right hand to pull his necklace of charms free from his cloak, and tries to lay his symbol of Waukeen in his left palm.  When the metal touches the flesh of his hand, Custer jerks the hand away and yelps in pain, as if stung.  He looks at the hand.  It is not scarred or burned, but the blood is turning thick and dark in the cool air of the night.  

He crosses his arms on his knees and looks at the thug he stabbed.  "I'm sorry."  He says to the man with a voice quivering from either pain or remorse, only the Gods know.

[If Custer thinks they are lying, he will:]

Using his bloody left hand, Custer reaches for the chin of the first thug that spoke.  He lifts it high and holds his hammer up with his left hand.  Through clenched teeth while staring into the man's pleading eyes, Custer says, "Ya lie, get it right, and be quick about it."

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:48 pm

'D20' : 11

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:21 pm

[A 12 won't cut it.]

Custer looks from the Thug up to Shojahl, his eyes showing a bit of panic in a sea of sorrow. "I fooked it all up again, Shojy. I did it again. I..." He swallows hard, "I'm sorry. Everything I touch, I... It is all my fault, ya know? Agata, Anna, this." Custer lays back across K'Tesh's body, knocking the items he had laid there to the ground to a muffled clash and clatter among the cobbles. He rest the back of his head on the K'Tesh's chest, and hold his arms out atop that of the corpse. "I'm the cursed one, ya?"
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:39 pm

Shorjahl's bracer drops as he listens to the two thugs ramble incoherently. They were dumb and cruel, but not necessarily evil. He'd still have concerns about keeping them alive, but he wasn't prepared to begin killing surrendered prisoners. He couldn't but feel he should alert the guards, or something similar, but in this place of corruption it'd probably do no good.

"I have an excellent memory," Shorjahl gets right in their faces. "And I'll remember both of your faces until the day I die hundreds of years from now. Don't tempt me." He glowers at them, the alley going near dark as his bracer and the stone dim.

"Now, tell me everything that.." he notices Cuss growing disheartened, then moaning. When he starts blaming himself for this trouble and flops over on the corpse, the arcanist looks at the hin with nothing but sorrow and pity. He glares back at the two thugs, holds out a finger as if indicating to wait, and then goes back to Cuss.

He leans over and grabs a fistful of the hin's clothes, hauling him back in an upright position. "Cuss, we don't have time for self-pity or to wonder if we're cursed. You were just doing what you needed to do, and what's done is done." He wipes Cuss down in several big swats, like a father to a child, and resumes. "Get a hold of yourself, tomorrow we can ponder at the gloom we wrought. Until then, we only have a few moments to get this information and get out of this street before we're all killed or arrested." He nods back to the two injured Harpers. "And we need to take care of them. I need you to be strong right now Cuss."

He helps him to stand, brushing his cloak off some more, using a narrow trickle of arcane energy to clean him of dirt and blood. "We'll figure this all out."

He returns to the thugs. "Now. As I was saying, tell me everything K'Tesh said, and everything you've ever heard him say that might be of importance. Anything at all."
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:46 pm

Custer looks up at Shorjahl in wonder and the man hauls him to his feet and wipes him clean with his hand and tricks. Custer's jaw falls slack. Nobody had ever done such a thing to him in his whole life. When the mage turns from him back to the thugs, Custer has to use his hand to close his mouth and then remind himself to breath again.

"Yes, right." He says as he bends over to reorganize the mess of he made K'Tesh's things.
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Forgeless Kilik Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:52 pm

Kilik eased Adrianna back to the pavement. Nasty bit o' poison, but she'll be alright in a bit...nothin' a hearty meal an' lots o' water won't cure. He moved to check on Geld, looking for more traces of the drow's foul poison.

We should get Adrianna and Geld off the streets; they'll need some rest and a steady arm to lean on for a bit before we can get to the bottom o' this mess. Learn what ye can from those two wretches an' turn 'em loose; we'll nae be slittin' throats in the street, an' I can't see what use draggin' 'em on behind us would serve when we need to be quick an' unobserved.

Actions:

Medicine check on Geld: 17

Last edited by Forgeless Kilik on Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forgeless Kilik
Forgeless Kilik
Warrior

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:52 pm

The member 'Forgeless Kilik' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 16

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:54 pm

Shorjahl nods subtly in agreement, making eye contact with the dwarf, then returns his attention to the two thugs, waiting for their response.
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:25 pm

Kellar picks up Andrianna by her belt and arm and brings her to her feet. I'll help you Adrianna, put your arm over my shoulder, mind the javelin, he said. Master Dwarf, do you have Geld in hand? I agree, lets get off the streets, whatever information you're getting from those two, make it quick so we can get out of here, Kellar concluded.

Actions:
Kellar will help Andrianna back to the Inn after Shorjahl and Cus are done interviewing the two thugs.
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:32 pm

Custer looks up from his inventory of items, and nods along with Shorjahl, "Right, then."  Custer moves the stuff off K'Tesh's body and into his pack.  He pulls a pair of scissors out of his pack, and starts trimming the Drow's hair short.  He rolls and ties the cut hair in a lock, and tosses it in his pack with his scissors.  He then rolls K'Tesh to one side and removes his arm from its cloak.  He then does the same to the other side, pulling the nice fabric free of the body, rolling it up, and forcing it into the overflowing pack.  

Cuss then walks over to the Thug wearing a cloak.  He waits for the Thug to stop talking to Shojahl, then points and says "Give me that cloak ya wearing."  While the thug works to surrender it, Cuss uses the interruption to ask a question, "Do these Cyricisist folk have some holy place?  I might need be paying em some respects of sorts."

Custer returns to his task with the man's cloak and struggle to put it on K'Tesh.  As he pulls it down an arm, he mumbles curses at the corpse.  Once it is around both arms, Cuss gets a good grip under them and starts pulling K'Tesh to the wall.  He props the body up to slouch against the wall like a drunk.  When the Drow's head flops sideways, Custer tries to straighten it, only to see it fall to the other side.  "Ah, hells."  Custer will push it to a shoulder and pull the hood of the cloak as far over the dead face as he can.  He then breaks the bolt off that is sticking out of the Drow's jaw.  If he had more time, he paint the face pale and cut off the points of his ears, but that would surely bring scorn from Kilik.  

Satisfied that the effort makes the Drow less noticeable, Cuss strikes the dead Elf on the shoulder and says, "Always was a pleasure doing business with ya."

[Rolling disguise to make K'Tesh's body look like a normal passed out drunk in an alley.  +6]

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:32 pm

'D20' : 17

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:06 am

Kellar sees Cus dress up K'Tesh as a drunk passed out in the alleyway after Cus talks to the thugs. If it's all the same to you, perhaps we should head to where they were staying, Kellar said. Kellar nudges Andrianna slightly, Adrianna, where were you two going to stay? We need to find a place to lay low, dress our wounds and get some rest while we stand watch.

Actions:
Kellar will get the information from Andrianna about where they're staying and I urge the others to head that way as fast as we can.
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:14 am

Custer cuts a quick look at Kellar and points at the thugs, "That's where these two boys work.  Might be we can keep an eye on them if we stay there, or might be they'd be keeping eyes on us, ya?  Iffen we went to the Borrow or Esmelda's, at least I'd know whose eyes be on us.  Not saying I trust those eyes, though.  Way I see it, we go to Esmelda's and might be we can intercept anybody come looking for where K'Tesh went.  We go to the Borrow, and might be we get right to the bottom of finding out how involved me father is, ya?  Might be he is on the right side of all this, but I wouldn't be betting on that prospect."  Custer lets out a long sigh.  "Don't think we be sleeping real good where ever we end up, fellas, but we do need them horses 'fore they end up in the stew."

-------

Custer also wants to go fetch the horses, but is indecisive on where to spend the night. His instincts tell him to go home, but he isn't sure that his friends would be safe given what his father has done to other 'friends' of his lately.
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:24 am

The two thugs begin to relax, sensing that Custer has moved from the precipice of kneecapping them.

"I denno anythin' about orcs or Cyric, sirs." starts the first. The other nods along in agreement.

After the heat of battle, adrenaline begins to subside and your wounds begin to ache in the damp dark alley.

"Plenty of orcs outside th' walls of Esmeltaran. Even heard of a few caravans thatta been waylaid by 'em in the past few weeks. But tha's common knowledge. Nothin' to do with K'Tesh. If the orcs are gettin' bolder for whatever reason, it wouldn' be the first time. An' the militia'll keep em at bay."

The second thug begins to rub his sore wrists.

"As for Cyric. Nah, he ain't got a temple in Esmeltaran. Athkatla, yes...strangely enough. They're usually private folks, wot' with worshippin the god of murder and lies, you see. We ain't much of a holy town here, though the hin do go about worshippin their luck god Waukeen."

He seems to be rambling now, looking for some bit of information to give you.

[Custer, insight check: You can't see any indication that he's lying about any of his verbiage]

Meanwhile, as the halfling begins to fiddle with the corpse of the drow, the second thug's face goes white.

"Whatarya..."

But he shuts up as the first one gives him a glare, and continues on.

"Other'n that, there's not much to tell..." he rubs his chin a bit, and seems to think suddenly on an item of interest.

"Oh! K'tesh asked somethin' of Arielle, a serving girl back at Trevigne's. She fancies him, that's plain. He asked her to relay a message to someone, I fink. El....Eldero? Ya, Eldero. Haven't heard o' him. One o' the many contacts of the Shadows, no doubt. Anyway, asked her to send him a message sayin' to 'lay low'. Didn't think much of it, but it was a strange request to make afore goin' and poisoning two folks deep in their cups."

The second thug looks down at K'Tesh, and vomits in the street.

"That's all we know."

=====================

EXP: +20 to Shorjahl, Kilik, Custer and Kellar

Custer, you can't even tell that K'Tesh is a drow. Nicely done camo there, sir.
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Shorjahl Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:43 pm

Shorjahl looks grimly to the two thugs. "You'll take us inside, through the back way, into a private room. Preferably one controlled by the Shadows. You'll go and speak with this serving girl, and tell her to come upstairs so that she may speak with K'Tesh. If you do this incorrectly..." he leaves the threat lingering in the air, power crackling around the wizard. The whispering shadows of the book in his bag seemed to trickle into his thoughts again - revealing a glimmer of darkness there the party hadn't seen before.

"Is that understood?" He nods in dark affirmation when the two thugs agree. "Let's go."

-----------------------------

Going back inside Trevigne's, back way, into a Shadow room (preferably K'Tesh's.)
Shorjahl
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next