Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faeressar- The Whispering Anvil

2 posters

Go down

Faeressar- The Whispering Anvil Empty Faeressar- The Whispering Anvil

Post  Kellar Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:26 am

Sim brought Kellar to the marketplace and lead him to The Whispering Anvil. "Golden Camel will be able to take care of your needs. I will introduce you and then I have other matters to attend to," he said.

The Whispering Anvil

The soft hammer strikes could be heard as they approached the shop. Sim called out, "I bring a friend to you Golden Camel!" The hammer strikes stopped and a half-orc emerged from behind the forge. He wiped his brow and set his work piece back into the coals. "A friend to you is a friend to me Lord Justice," he replied. Golden Camel looked at Kellar with a squinted eye. "No offending, but you look a little worse for wear, friend." Kellar's visor opened and he smiled. "Yes, this armor has been repaired and rebuilt more times than I care to admit."

Kellar began doffing his armor and set down his pack. "I would be willing to trade this armor and a couple weapons for a new shield and lighter and breathable armor." Golden Camel looked over the breastplate and the weapons Kellar had. "Aside from the sweat and damage here in the chest, the plate is fixable at least. I could give you a third market value since it is damage and well worn. So 120 gold pieces. As for the weapons, a fine looking greataxe. Not worn out, still holds an edge... so 50 gold pieces," he said.

"I need a new shield as well, this one is a little battered," said Kellar. Golden Camel nodded in agreement.

Kellar finished removing his armor and Golden Camel left and came back with a set of armor. "This is splint mail. Despite its heavy appearance, it is quite light (for being heavy class) and is breathable. With a shield it will provide adequate defense from the elements and enemies," said Golden Camel. "The fabric the splints are attached too are soaked in a camphor oil to provide a cooling effect. But do not let that fool you into believing it will keep you completely cool in the hot sun."

"Sounds like a good purchase then. I'll need a grappling hook, a length of chain and three short spears as well," said Kellar. Golden Camel smiled and waved over a shop assistant. "Bring the shield we have been working on, and bring the spears," he commanded. The assistant disappeared beyond the forge into the back. Kellar finished removing the leathers that went with the breastplate. He kept the clockwork belt and set it beside his pack. He removed his helmet and set it aside as well.

Kellar donned the splint mail and immediately felt relief from the elements. "No wonder the outriders could be out in the heat and not appear to be affected. Remarkable." Golden Camel smiled big and nodded in agreement. "Yes, out here we have had to adapt and make things as livable as possible. Ah, my assistant has returned, look at this." The assistant lifted the shield to his teacher with both hands. "Just set your forearm in the cradle and it automatically fits the wearer. It is half as light as a standard shield to keep the wearer's overall weight down," said Golden Camel as the straps and buckles on the underside of the shield tightened to his forearm.

He picked up a short spear from his shop assistant and turned to Kellar. "Now these, these can be set on the inside of the shield like so." At the base of the shield there was a pocket that held the tip of the spear and the handle locked in place with a metal clasp. "It holds three at a time with adding minimal weight. Each spear is accurate up to sixty yards. On the outside of the shield, you can see the metal runs along the wooden frame underneath. Each angle is made to deflect any strike, no matter how devastating," he said.

Kellar finished putting on the new splint mail and he tried out the shield. "You are right, this is really light. Excellent craftsmanship." He took a short spear in hand and checked the weight and balance. "Amazing, and these are good for intermediate distances?" he asked. "Yes, they are accurate." Kellar nodded and looked at his old gear. "Well, I don't see how I can afford anything else. So a fair trade and I give you one hundred gold pieces?"

Golden Camel smiled big at the offer. "Yes, as I said, a friend of the Justice is a friend of mine. Your old weapon and armor will suffice, and the extra gold is always appreciated." Kellar removed the gold and set in a small pouch on the counter along with Bloodguzzler and his old armor. "Can I have some of that camphor'd fabric to line my helmet with too?" Golden Camel's assistant disappeared and came back with a square and put it on the counter. "Not a problem, this a remnant piece from an earlier work, one gold piece." Kellar removed one more gold piece and set it down.

Actions:

Kellar gave up the breastplate, picked up Splint mail.
Kellar gave up his old shield for a new shield (+1 yay or nay?).
Kellar gave up Bloodguzzler as part of the trade.
Kellar gave up 101 GP as part of the arrangement.
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
Faeressar- The Whispering Anvil Left_bar_bleue49/49Faeressar- The Whispering Anvil Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
Faeressar- The Whispering Anvil Left_bar_bleue6/6Faeressar- The Whispering Anvil Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Faeressar- The Whispering Anvil Empty Re: Faeressar- The Whispering Anvil

Post  Ao Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:50 pm

Kellar - Really great stuff! Confirmed and approved.

Ao
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
Faeressar- The Whispering Anvil Left_bar_bleue1/1Faeressar- The Whispering Anvil Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
Faeressar- The Whispering Anvil Left_bar_bleue0/0Faeressar- The Whispering Anvil Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down