Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion: Party XP

5 posters

Go down

Suggestion: Party XP Empty Suggestion: Party XP

Post  Ao Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:41 am

Hey guys,

You're all fantastic players, really!

But you're totally shit at updating your XP Wink

I'm suggesting that we move to a group XP model, where one person tracks XP for the entire group. Of course, you'll still all level up at different times based on your classes.

Thoughts? Also, do I have a volunteer for party XP scribe?

-Ao
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
Suggestion: Party XP Left_bar_bleue1/1Suggestion: Party XP Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
Suggestion: Party XP Left_bar_bleue0/0Suggestion: Party XP Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Suggestion: Party XP Empty Re: Suggestion: Party XP

Post  Emelious Storm Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:26 am

I like it. Would simplify things.
Emelious Storm
Emelious Storm
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18 (16 without shield)
Health:
Suggestion: Party XP Left_bar_bleue0/41Suggestion: Party XP Empty_bar_bleue  (0/41)
Suggestion: Party XP Left_bar_bleue0/5Suggestion: Party XP Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:15 am

Would milestone EXP be better?

Basically level after a certain time, as a group. We don't have to necessarily keep track of EXP then, just what we've accomplished.
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
Suggestion: Party XP Left_bar_bleue49/49Suggestion: Party XP Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)
Suggestion: Party XP Left_bar_bleue6/6Suggestion: Party XP Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gimble Nabisco Raulnor Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:05 pm

The milestone systems sounds like a good idea. Ao wouldn't have to worry about scaling the xp so that leveling doesn't take forever, and we as players don't need to manage xp every so often. On the other hand, he wouldn't be able to see if someone is lacking in posts.
Gimble Nabisco Raulnor
Gimble Nabisco Raulnor
Warrior

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
Suggestion: Party XP Left_bar_bleue36/36Suggestion: Party XP Empty_bar_bleue  (36/36)
Suggestion: Party XP Left_bar_bleue5/5Suggestion: Party XP Empty_bar_bleue  (5/5)

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:46 pm

Milestone xp....

Yeah, I like it. Anything that makes for less bookkeeping is good. It's a fair point gimble...you're right. I'm not overly concerned with posting rates. If someone's trailing off, I usually have a pretty good idea.

Any other thoughts? Milestone vs group exp?
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
Suggestion: Party XP Left_bar_bleue1/1Suggestion: Party XP Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Suggestion: Party XP Left_bar_bleue0/0Suggestion: Party XP Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:24 pm

One vote from me for milestone. The thing is can still track how many times per week someone posts. Can't really hide that you're not posting.
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
Suggestion: Party XP Left_bar_bleue49/49Suggestion: Party XP Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)
Suggestion: Party XP Left_bar_bleue6/6Suggestion: Party XP Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:35 pm

Milestones is fine for me it sounds like it would be easier for everybody. I was just tagging the last post I counted my XP to, then when I next get a good rest and opportunity to possibly level, I would search for that post to reference the date. Then I would pull up all of Ao's post after that date to scribble and add up the XP parts at the bottom. SO, even though the slider isn't up to date, I am tracking my XP in a way.
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down