Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every post must be CRAP

Go down

Every post must be CRAP Empty Every post must be CRAP

Post  Ao Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:08 pm

When you're making a post, make sure you address CRAP before you go about hitting "Send". What do I mean?

When formulating those ideas, keep this in mind:

C - Characteristic
R - Reactionary
A - Actionary
P - Present-Tense, Third Person

1. Characteristic

Is this how my character would act? Yes, it seems like an obvious question, because you ARE your character. But in this context, I mean have you addressed everything your character would probably address? This could be as simple as making a History check about an environment that your character would be interested in, or making a remark about something your character does not like. There are -many- small things to be noticed or done in RoL; I have extensive notes on nearly every place you're likely to visit. So make ample use of your characters skills.

2. Reactionary

Make sure that you address everything I have put in front of you. You may be eager to do something else, but deal with everything thats thrown at you first, be it conversations or minor details. That way we dont have to stop and retcon what you did.

3. Actionary

I cannot stress this enough - although I love to see tons of flavour in your posts, every post must have a concrete action. If all you ever do is make subtle musings (which is ok, if someone else has initiated an action and youre just following).

4. Present-Tense, Third Person

Good:

"Harvuth leans against the haystack, keeping his head low. He slows his breathing, careful to shelter the vapor escaping from his mouth in the cold autumn air. Closing his eyes, he recalls his last fight with a snakelike monstrosity. His sword had caught in the scales of its back, and he had stood there helplessly while it sank its deep fangs into the arteries of his left leg.

Not pretty.

With a final prayer to Kelemvor, he counts to three and throws his backpack over into the field, hoping to startle the Basilisk long enough for Cecil to jump on its back..."

Bad:

"I lean against the haystack, keeping my head low..."

"Harvuth leaned against the haystack, keeping his head low..."
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
Every post must be CRAP Left_bar_bleue1/1Every post must be CRAP Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
Every post must be CRAP Left_bar_bleue0/0Every post must be CRAP Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down