Chapter Three

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Custer Thickett on Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:27 pm

Custer is at first suspicious of Dwan's actions when he cut inbetween him and the baker.  He crosses his hands across his chest, thinking, Mocking me?  His brooding quickly passes when the message is revealed, and Cuss sighs quietly while palming his forehead in self-reproach.  Inside his mind, he scolds himself.  It's not always about you, Cuss.  

...

Cuss had no information on a good tailor, it would seem, but as he passed through two market squares, he took note of several signs identifying skills.  Rushed as the group was, he'd have no time to stop by one at this moment, but he'd soon be back to visit at dusk or on the morrow.  

Cuss takes considerable interest in the area called Bloomridge.  He looks for sigils and shields, hoping to recognize a merchant family that trades to Esmeltaran.  When he catches the eye of the guards, he returns their nod with a shallow one of his own.  He tries to avoid eye contact as he walks past them, and focuses forward until several paces past.  Then, he pulls on the robe, tabard, or cloak of a party member that had announced being from Bauldur's Gate and ask, "Who was that fancy lot?"

....

Seeing the Footpad, Custer muses to the group in Cant, "Oiy, a purse collector snatching stuffing in lightmans will soon be a babe in the wood, yeah?" He starts to laugh but turns it to a cough when others stare back at him, dumbfounded. They obviously didn't see the boy or know what he was talking about. He shrugs.
....

At the gate, Cuss stares up into the trees, trying to spy one of the black birds.  He cuts his gaze to Dwan, asking, "Do ya hear that?"  He points up into the trees and returns his look to their branches.  "Do ya think they are watching?"

His attention is snapped to the tower when he hears the muffled scream.  He looks to Osvald, who points out a weakness that can be taken advantage of with pitons and a grappling hook, which Custer happened to have in and tied to his bag.  Custer moves his father's crossbow from one hand to the other, leaning it against his shoulder, and spying Kellar and Shorjahl going for the front gate.  His eyes dart around, seeing they were at least 300 paces from the nearest house, but then he looks up again.  He thinks, Leagues from home, charging into a wizard's tower, uninvited, in broad daylight...

He shrugs, and falls in behind Osvald, slowly loading his two handed crossbow as he walks.  When he looks up and spies the two Gargoyles, he stops.  Such statues were not uncommon among the wealthy of Esmeltaran, but they were works of art, two of which he'd seen poured and polished himself.  He'd heard stories, though, of some on the Scimitar that guarded an estate owned by the Cowled Wizards.  He was skeptical when he use to hear such talk, but with the things he'd witnessed over the past two moons, he found himself hesitant.

He says only, "I've never felt so blind in the daylight," then continues forward, staring at the statue that holds a harpoon.

[Rolling perception to see if Cuss can spot anything suspicious about the statue other than his own paranoia.  A scrape in the stone where it may have moved or been moved, anything at all.  +1]
11   -=iii=<()


Last edited by Custer Thickett on Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:27 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 10

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Dwan Bolduum on Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:56 pm

The journey through the different parts of Baldur's Gate helped Dwan keep his mind off of the compulsion. He kept quiet for the entire trip and focused on taking in the sites of such a bustling city. But like every city there is always a part of time where people struggle to get by while others wallow in riches. Like a grocer, they keep the good fruit where everyone can see and hide the rotten hidden away in the back.

Dwan is surprised to hear the singing of songbirds during their approach to the tower. Even in squalor like this nature finds a way.
He smiles and continues on with the group. As they stop at the gate Dwan takes notice that the songbirds have stopped, they have only proceeded an additional 50 feet.

Kellar, Shorjahl, Wait! He stops them as they open the gate. Let me speak with the birds to see if there are any defenses that may surprise us on the approach.

Dwan will cast Speak with Animals on himself (lvl 1 spell, 1 minute cast 10 minute duration)

Dwan will whistle towards the birds.

Hello there. My name is Dwan. Do not be frightened I have but a few questions to ask. What is it about this place that you and all animals steer clear? What do you know of the man who lives here? Is there anything that may threaten us if we were to walk towards the door? Dwan will pause between each question to get an answer.

========

tldr; Dwan halts the party to talk to some chicks.
avatar
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 224
Join date : 2015-01-29

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
57/57  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Custer Thickett on Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:25 pm

Cuss turns back when Dwan calls out and then starts chirping to the birds. His mouth falls open as he realizes the full extent of the Dwarf's ability. Oh, he must be one of those druid folk, like Anna. I wonder if he can command plants to grow out of the ground and tangle Kobolds like she could?

When Dwan finishes reporting to the others, Cuss says to him, "Forgive me, Dwan. I, I see now that I had figured on you all wrong."
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Ao on Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:39 am

Kellar moves first through the wooden gate, followed by the fellowship.

Custers eyes dart around the small, manicured yard. But his eyes are fixated on the gargoyles, which seem to follow his movement with their stony, pupil-less eyes.

[osvald, perception + nature]

The ranger scans his periphery, noting that the yard seems rarely frequented. Indeed, the small dirt path that leads to the door seems lightly traveled and free of mud or heavy boot tracks (until Kellar steps upon it, of course). Osvald looks past the gargoyles, which look altogether unnatural, and sees a small outbuilding at the base of the tower, on the west side - nestled behind a copse of rose bushes. A garden shed, it seems. Though given its proximity to the tower, it is possible that the two are connected by a door.

Osvald can also see a shadowy path behind the tree cover, on that western part of the estate. Might be that they could sneak down that path without attracting the ire or eyes of anyone in the tower, if they were to re-approach from the road.

Dwan makes a full stop, chirping with a rotund blackbird that lands upon his shoulder. He has always had an affinity for conversing with the naturally dominant of a bird pack, and has always been liked by these fat chicks.

The bird whispers in his ear (( wizard lives here. Very strong! Stone things watch for him. Don't land on them.)) and then it squawks loudly and flaps away.

Suddenly, as Kellar approaches the gargoyles, their stony limbs crackle and shed a thick cascade of gravel as they straighten and animate.

The larger of the two groans contemptuously, then levels his empty glare at Kellar.

"The master is not accepting company. Come again, another time."

====================

Ok guys. The gargoyles are blocking your path. You could try and circle around them, but they are mobile and seem intent on stopping you at this moment.

They are AC 16, if you're so inclined.

Exp:+20
avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Shorjahl on Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:26 pm

Shorjahl held his hands up to his comrades, beckoning them to wait.

He steps to within a few paces of the speaking gargoyle, looking up into its face. "Please inform your Master that Shorjahl, former apprentice to Bargerohn, has arrived to speak with him about an urgent matter. He will wish to hear what I have to say." Shorjahl's look was darkly confident, bordering on defiance. Although the others who knew him well could see that the mage was mustering whatever weak courage he had left, to appear as such.
avatar
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 227
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 12
Health:
24/24  (24/24)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Custer Thickett on Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:02 pm

Custer slides close behind Osvald, bringing his crossbow flush to his chest.  He concentrates on shadowing Osvald's movement to stay hidden in his shadow.

[Using Lightfoot Halfling's Naturally Stealthy to hide +7]
21  Success.gif


Last edited by Custer Thickett on Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:02 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 14

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Kellar on Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:44 pm

Pfft. Will YOU accept our company? We would have a few moments to get to know one another, Kellar said as he casually raised an arm overhead toward his lance. Orbaugh, keep an eye on them, be prepared to sting them if need be. Kellar could feel the shiver come from Orbaugh as he replied, I, okay, I be ready. Mean talking stone.

Actions:
Kellar will draw his lance if he sees the two gargoyles pursue their idle threat. I'm hoping Shorjahl will be able to stem this fight before it occurs.
avatar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 485
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Wisconsin

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Osvald Hale on Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:05 pm

Osvald grits his teeth at the two opposing signals from Shorjahl and Kellar...
The situation was about to change very quickly.
He eyes the moss covered faces of the gargoyles, but their stony stillness betrays nothing perceptible to the ranger...

Muscles tense, Osvald waits for the enchanted guardians response...
avatar
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 268
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
41/41  (41/41)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:35 pm

The stone devils look inpassable uttering a sting of uninviting tones.

Artimus waited for his Comrades lead. crouching slightly gathering himself like a coiled snake as his blade slide from its resting place.
The sharpe edge flowing through the soft grey black fur of his cloak, hidden and ready.

Artimus wondered what speed stone demons could muster, perhaps they could be distrcted by the quickest of them. pulling them from the tower's portal.

Eyeing the weaponry of the granite gaurdians the mariner wondered which he should fear more. While a spear may peirce, it was a known implement. The harp in the others talons hung menacingly. What unknown invocations would it volley.



avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Ao on Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:32 pm

The gargoyle leans forward, sniffing in the air at Shorjahl as the fellowship rallies behind him. The wind blows through the trees, the sound of shaking leaves giving quarter to the gravel-wrought tone of the winged beasts’ tongue.

“Errrrrhhhhhhg. You are touched by the weave, young one.” the gargoyle spits, touching some imaginary sensory field around the wizard.

“You’ll not see the master yet. He has business. Come back…tonight.”

Even as he speaks, your bones startle as the explosive sound of shattered glass rains down into the courtyard. Sparks of arcane energy ripple through a second-storey window of the tower, and flash of flame scorches the window sil. Beyond, you see nothing - only blackness.

The gargoyle, however, seems to take no notice. And he settles back down on his perch next to his compatriot, closing his eyes and fading back into a rosebush.

As if to punctuate the moment, another scream echoes out from inside the tower. A bloodcurdling, ear-piercing scream that sends a chill down your spine.

But even worse, is the otherworldly growl that follows it. A low, guttural thing, that groans from the bowels of that dark room like a sickness.

You stare up at the tower, and the shattered glass scattered across the courtyard. The gargoyles’ eyes are closed, and they seem to have shed their animate quality.

============================

EXP: +20 to all
avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Dwan Bolduum on Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:34 pm

Dwan turns around, Well the bird says that... He sees that the party has already engaged with the gargoyles.

Kellar, you should put the lance away, these gargoyles aren't to be taken lightly. He walks closer to Kellar and whispers, These are probably the weakest line of defense the wizard has, and if our encounter with him turns to blood I'd rather not tire ourselves out with all his traps and guards. We should get close to him and then attack.

Dwan reaches for Kellar's arm and tries to push it down from his attack position. (OOC if Kellar chooses to not lower his weapon Dwan will give up on trying to move it downward)

Dwan looks towards the gargoyles. We're expected.
avatar
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 224
Join date : 2015-01-29

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
57/57  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Kellar on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:35 am

Kellar sees the dwarf approach and pulled at his arm. What is it Master Dwarf? I have an itch, he smirked as he shook his arm free of Dwan's hand scratched the back of his head, just before the handle of his lance. He lightly laughs at the dwarf and says, See? All good now. He patted the dwarf on the shoulder and turned to Shorjahl, Well, this is your dance, I'm just following your lead. What do you want to do?
avatar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 485
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Wisconsin

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Shorjahl on Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:30 am

The arcanist's eyes open wide at the sounds in the tower. He looks up to the still, stony sentries. "Let's move," he says quietly, his voice gruff and wet. He takes a steadying breath, then looks ahead of the statues, walking quickly past their threshold and into the courtyard beyond.

---------------------

Shorjahl is confident that the goyles won't attack him. Onward.
avatar
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 227
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 12
Health:
24/24  (24/24)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Custer Thickett on Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:34 pm

Custer keeps close to Osvald, choosing to continue to shadow his movement.  He glances up at the shattered window, trying to make sense of the shadows beyond.

[Continuing stealth.]
[Attempting perception roll to see movement in the shadows enough to count people in that room, perhaps.  +1]
10


Last edited by Custer Thickett on Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:34 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 9

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Dwan Bolduum on Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:29 pm

Dwan nods towards Kellar and sees Shorjahl advance to the door.  

Dwan takes his Mace out from it's loop and holds it in hand.  He looks at the gargoyles,which now seemingly have turned back to normal stone.

Remember, I am a dwarf first.  Shaping and destroying stone is my specialty.  Dwan walks past and proceeds with Shorjahl.

(OOC: This will happen if the gargoyles do not attack.)

Dwan walks up to the door, Maybe bypassing the statues was simple enough but I don't think we should be barging in the front door. Dwan puts away his mace and walks towards the outbuilding of the tower and gently pushes the door open.  This building looks to connect to the tower. I think finding our way through here will be smoother.
avatar
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 224
Join date : 2015-01-29

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
57/57  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Ao on Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:32 pm

Dwan creeps off of the pathway and onto the shaded courtyard, stepping over small rocks and haphazardly planted shrubbery towards the adjoining shed aside the tower.

Custer stares skyward, his eyes upon the window that exploded only moments previous.

[Custer, perception results:]

The halfling cannot pierce the shadowy veil with his eyes - and his visual search is so hampered that he is sure magical darkness is the culprit...

You hurry along into the side shed, after the scraggly dwarf.

[...]

The smell of peat moss and gardening permeates the damp, humid garden shed attached to the tower. A rickety old door of dried wood and rusted iron creaks open, giving you a fair view of the modest interior of the shed.

Pots filled with earth and exquisitely postured plants adorn the modest hovel, and despite the ramshackle appearance many of these botanical marvels Dwan can recognize as rare, and remarkably well grown.

A heavier door is set into the eastern wall, obviously a side entrance into the tower.

You creep past, the dwarf marvelling at Cyan Aglondevils, Thicketleaf plants with limber, stringy stalks, and a large perfumey flower with a flaming orange bud.

Shorjahl tries the door, finding it unlocked. You enter.

[...]

The ground floor of the tower is spacious, with lofty beams and high ceilings.

Luxurious sofas and carpentry adorn the space, and old oaken bookshelves seem to cram knowledge from all of Faerun into one room.

The windows that look out upon the courtyard, that had looked so impenetrable from outside, let in a wondrous amount of light. So much so, that you are convinced it is magically enhanced.

As you filter into the enormous circular main floor, the smell of sandalwood and vanilla wafts from a bouquet of living flowers perched in an enormous ornate vase.

Suddenly, the floor above you seems to rumble, and another scream echoes through the otherwise cheerful room.

You can hear signs of a struggle above you. Harried footsteps, and some muffled shouting.

A spiralling staircase leads upstairs from an archway set into the northwestern quadrant of the tower room...


================•

Ok guys,

The sounds are coming from the floor directly above you.

The staircase is narrow, meaning one at a time can ascend

let me know if you intend to go upward that way, or if you have an alternate plan. Also, let me know marching order

Exp:+20
avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Kellar on Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:33 am

Kellar listens to the noise coming from up above their position and then looks to the stairway leading there. Tight quarters, will have to switch to my Battle Axe and Shield I suppose, he said to the group. If you agree, I'll ask Orbaugh to scout ahead and get a peek, he concluded. Orbaugh, would you mind getting a glimpse of what's happening above us? I help! Say when, say when.

He's ready to help, just give the word and he'll sneak up there and have a look-see, he said to the group. Shorjahl, normally I'd go first in this situation, but I might be more of an immediate threat than your familiar face. What do you think about taking the lead here, I'll be right behind you, he said to the wizard reassuringly.

Actions:
Orbaugh will sneak and peek if that's acceptable by the group (rolls provided, Stealth & Perception) Stealth Results= 14; Perception Results= 23
If that's not okay, Kellar will follow Shorjahl if he takes point and heads up the stairs and conceal himself much like a very large halfling (roll for Stealth). Stealth Results= 6; Joy~


Last edited by Kellar on Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
avatar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 485
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Wisconsin

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:33 am

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 10

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 20, 8

--------------------------------

#3 'D20' : 1

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Shorjahl on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:46 am

"I agree, stay behind me." Shorjahl nearly whispers, looking anxiously up the stairs. He presses his bracer to his own chest, closing his eyes and concentrating for a moment. The distinct chime echoes off of the walls, and a thin nearly invisible layer of energy cascades and cocoons over the arcanist's lithe body. "Let's go." He quickly takes the stairs, two steps at a time, once reaching the halfway point he calls out to alert anyone.

"This is Shorjahl, former apprentice to Bargerohn! My companions and I are coming up!" He was surprised at the confidence in his own voice as he alighted the steps.

---------------------------

Cast Mage Armor, AC is now 15


Last edited by Shorjahl on Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 227
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 12
Health:
24/24  (24/24)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:58 pm

The crunch of broken glass chirped between the Mariner's boots and the well kempt earth. It's off-putting melody intermingled with the chipping calls that sounded from Ravens that dotted the courtyard's arbours and topiaried perches.

It was offputtingly serene, save for the gut-turning sharp creshendo of shuddersome, screams that pitched from The Red Hand's tower.

Artimus could feel the alarm invoking physiology, warm sweat beading on his forhead, dripping down his brow. The tension hanging in the air stood in stark contrast to the smell of rich warm mysterious blooms that flood the ground floor of the tower.

The scream came again, like nails across unfinished metal, the urgency washed across his compatiots igniting the scent of fear. The stink intermigngled with that of the luscious foilage making the air sickly sweet, like sulfer and wine.

Artimus feared what dark portents had The Red Hand delved to deeply into, what malady was upon them. He feared what he had entangled himself into. With what blackness he toyed. Artimus thought of the darkness that penetrated the Halls of the Makers deep beneath the Isle and Riku. Those recollections were blurred now, like a painting worn in certain places of the canvas. Unblemished Terror often paralyses memory in a merciful way. What he could remember was the darkness, deep and vast; he reached out for it in his mind and felt no edges. (Throw back for AO!)


The Cormyrian steeled his resolve, wiping his brow with the well worn salt caked gloves. He moved into ready position beside the stairs winding upwards. He planted his shoulder into the wall Artimus motioned to Kellar, with a point and a waggle of his exposed blade he would follow directly behind.


Artimus bit down, his jaw flexed the sinew rippling, and anchor for courage.


Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:39 pm; edited 6 times in total
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:58 pm

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 19

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Custer Thickett on Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:57 pm

Last one inside, Custer turns in the doorway to the shed and looks at the stone statues one more time as he pulls the door closed behind the part.  The smell of the air in the shed immediately took his attention away from them and back into the room.  He covered his mouth and nose with one hand, thinking I should have brought me scarf.  

Once inside the well lit bottom floor room of the tower, Custer carefully slings his father's light crossbow across his back so as to keep it from loosing a bolt into his back.  He removes K'Tesh's hand crossbow from his right hip holster, and quietly sets to cocking the legs flush to the riser, latching the string, and loading a quarrel into the flight groove as he watches Shorjahl and Kellar make for the stairway.

Custer lays the loaded crossbow on a table, and retrieves one of the bows he had obtained from Donal.  As he loads the bow, he hears Shorjahl call out to the floor above.  His mind turns to silence as he listens for a response and to the groaning floorboards above.  His eyes dart around the room, looking for movement among the plants, books, and trinkets.  Time seemingly slows as his heart beats the tempo of anticipation.  

[Another stab at perception +1]
20  Success.gif

====
If Custer sees anything threatening in the room, he will call out the threat to anybody in the room and then duck under the table with his loaded bows.

If Custer hears a threatening response from above, but sees no movement in the room, then he will dash for the stairwell behind Artimus, his loaded bows ready in each hand.

Anything else, and Custer waits at the table to go upstairs last.


Last edited by Custer Thickett on Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:05 pm; edited 5 times in total
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:57 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 19

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Dwan Bolduum on Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:59 pm

Dwan stops to admire the plants that the wizard appears to be growing. What beautiful plants, its a shame that you have to live in such dismal conditions. Dwan thinks as he looks over the small pots that they are flowering in. Using a bit of magic [druidcraft] Dwan digs the tip of his fingers into the dirt of the two pot's and pushes life into the plants causing them to flower and grow in front of his own eyes. A quick cough grabs Dwan's attention as Custer nods towards the door. I will find a place for you to grow freely if possible.

Dwan walks past the door and stops for a moment to speak to the halfling, All is forgiven Master Thickett, perhaps we both have misjudged each other. Should you need my aid don't hesitate to ask.

Dwan sees the rest of the group scaling the steps and he quickly follows in behind Artimus. Dwan readies his shield and takes his scepter in his other hand.

As Dwan moves up the steps he rotates the scepter in hand and swirls the living willow branches in a figure eight pattern, after several rotations the branches each take up their own movement independent of Dwan's rotation.
===============

Dwan follows up the stairs and readies a spell should a threat present itself to the group. (Flaming Sphere)
avatar
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 224
Join date : 2015-01-29

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
57/57  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Osvald Hale on Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:28 pm

Osvald glides into the chamber of the tower quietly, sticking to the outer wall.

Now still in hand, he retrieves an arrow from his quiver and nocks it.

His eyes dance around the room, but no immediate threats present themselves. The others hushed voices echo softly in the dimness.

Osvald circles the room, and takes up position opposite Artimus at the foot of the stair.

His scars ripple as he gives Shorjahl a curt nod of readiness, and falls into line behind the others.
avatar
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 268
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
41/41  (41/41)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Ao on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:07 pm

Orbaugh skitters up the stairs before Shorjahl, chittering his feedback telepathically into Kellars mind...

Shorjahl leads the fellowship up the winding stairs, followed closely by Kellar and Artimus.

Custer sweeps his vision across the room, his keen senses picking up on anything of note (perception).

Briefly, he surveys the table, where a still-steaming cup of tea and a half eaten biscuit betray a hasty retreat by their owner, up he stairs or out the door.

The screams from above sound, to the halfling, to be from one man. But the fact that they have stopped likely mean he has recovered, or expired...

As custer follows behind Artimus, trailed closely by Dwan and Osvald, he can hear the belaboured groaning and muttering of some fel creature.

Clearly, they have walked into a wholly disastrous situation.

[...]

An acrid smell reaches Shorjahls nostrils as he climbs the stairs, passing ornate sconces and framed parchment displays to reach the next floor.

As he rounds the corner into the next floor, a hideous scene unfolds...

The staircase continues upward into the third floor, but the source of the commotion is clearly transpiring on the second.

It is a spacious study area, walls lined with bookshelves giving quarter only to three beautifully crafted windows - one of which has been shattered into oblivion.

A craftsmans bench loaded with scrolls and beakers sits under one of them, and under another is a carefully constructed bust of the goddess Mystra.

But these details are caught only in your periphery, as your eyes focus upon an enormous creature standing atop the still body of an elderly wizard in red robes.

The beasts eyes are blood red, and they stare into you as you ascend. It is nearly seven feet tall, with a beguiling wingspan of leathery, bat like wings. It's face is contorted - half-human, and half demon. And it wears tattered robes around its sinewy, black flesh.

It is a demon, and the room ripples with the unearthly crackle of ethereal energy and tiny rips in time and space.

It snorts, staring at you. Clutching its hands into clawed, malefic weapons.

But Shorjahl is wholly fixated upon a hempen rope necklace knotted around its neck, terminating in a silvered claw landing at the beasts' collarbone.

On a daintier man, it would hit just below the breast. On a man like Barjerohn.

Shorjahl knows this, because that charm has been in his former masters possession since he had known the man. And now, this demon is wearing it.

The beast howls, extending its claws and raising its wings into a devilish crown.

================
I'm playing this in the way that you get to attack first, despite Shorjahl calling out, because of orbaughs little scouting maneuver. Also, if you wanted to flee, I'll give you a free round of movement

Ok guys, the tower is about 30' in diameter, and so the demon is about 15 feet away from you.

The staircase leads upward, and downward

There are many bookcases lining the walls, as well as several chairs and ottomans that break up the room.

The wizard on the floor is NOT barjerohn. With custers perception roll, the halfling can see he is still breathing, and is beginning to move slightly.... there is a big, bloody gash across his chest:::

Exp:+30 for full party post Smile

Beast is up in the lair, should you desire to attack it.
avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Dwan Bolduum on Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:26 am

Dwan's nose scrunches at the smell of sulfer.  Ugh, wizards! Always playing with potions and powders it makes for a horrendous smell.  No offense again Shorjahl I just.. Dwan bumps into Artimus as he quickly comes to a halt.

Hey! What are you stopping for... Dwan notices the hulking demon turn to face the group, the blood red eyes immediately instilling fear into Dwan.  

Its a demon, we have no chance of beating it. You should run, Dwan, you should drop your gear and get out of this forsaken place. You don't belong here. You just...

Sweat creases Dwan's brow as all of these thoughts shoot through his head.  He grips his scepter and shield defiantly,  years of training and battle quickly taught Dwan how to ignore this voice.

Dwan scans the room and sees a chair and ottoman opposite of the demon.  He rushes towards the chair and ducks behind it.  Using his shield Dwan extends the cover on his body and adjusts the movement of his scepter. Under his breath he chants in a strange tongue (Druidic) and point the scepter towards the demon.

Amidst the light and colors flooding in from the windows and opening in the wall a pale light appears above the demon and forms into a pillar engulfing the beast in a nearly transparent pale flame.

***Rolling Damage***
10 +6 = 16
===================================================

Dwan scans the scene, ducks for cover behind a chair and is casting Moonbeam lvl 2 spell. (2d10 radiant damage 16.  Half 8 if succeeds on a constitution saving throw of 13. Shape changers roll with a disadvantage and revert to their original state if within the beam.)


Last edited by Dwan Bolduum on Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updating with damage)
avatar
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 224
Join date : 2015-01-29

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
57/57  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:26 am

The member 'Dwan Bolduum' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D10' : 10, 6

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Shorjahl on Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:03 pm

Shorjahl stares up in shock at the creature in the tower.

He's snapped into awareness when Dwan attacks. "Don't!" he shouts, holding his hand up to his friends and taking a few furtive steps forward. "Master! Bargerohn! I can help you!"

------------------------------

Trying to see if I can reason with it first. Prepare a spell, I guess...
avatar
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 227
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 12
Health:
24/24  (24/24)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Ao on Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:33 pm

The devil writhes momentarily, the moonbeam startling it, and it looks about in alarm as the Druids spell barely seems to register...

[con save, success for 1/2 dmg]

Shorjahl calls out, and the demons head whips around in the direction of the Mage...

Shorjahl stares into its red eyes, but they do not stare back. Furtively, the devil scans the space where the Mage is standing, a snarl rippling across its face...

It lunges toward Shorjahl, impervious to his words....

================

Ok guys. The demon turned his attention to Shorjahl as he called out. He's lunged in the direction of he mage

Because of the lack of posters today, I did not roll an attack for him, so you all have an opportunity to act.

That said, the bonuses to retreat yesterday no longer apply today.

Shorjahl, because I didn't take my action your readied spell does not allow for an "extra" spell. Simply act as normal this turn

The devil did not acknowledge your plea...

Exp: +20 to shorj and Dwan
avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Custer Thickett on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:27 pm

Custer peaks around the door frame as Dwan bolts into the room in front of him.  That one's not made of stone.  Cuss looks at Kellar and Osvald for a que, but they are both focused on the beast in the room and are not moving to act.  Wait and see...  

Cuss turns back to observe the demon burning in a pale flame.  When it fades, Shorjahl calls out and steps forward.  The demon lunges at him.  Without thought, Custer reacts and looses the two bolts loaded in his crossbows.  Thankfully, the demon is taller than Shorjahl, allowing Custer a line between Kellar and the door, over Shorjahl, and into the face of hell.

[Rolling two hand crossbow attacks, crossbow expert, +6 and +5.  One xbow is a +1 (magic?)]
25 Hit!
19 Hit!

The missiles zip over Shorjahl with a hiss, one snapping off a horn, and the other embedding into dark flesh just below where the horn meets the demons head. True as the strike was, the demon does not flinch at its impact.

Cuss twist his body into the stairwell, laying his back flat against the wall just inside the door.  He then sets to reloading his bows.


Last edited by Custer Thickett on Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:15 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:27 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 19, 5

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 14, 7

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Kellar on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:47 pm

The shock wore from Kellar's mind and eyes. He moved toward the demon, with Orbaugh dashing in between his feet as he moved forward. Sting him, Orbaugh!

Orbaugh dashed forward and found the calf of the demon and pierced it with his tail. I got it! Attack Roll= 14+4=18; DMG= 5; Note: Demon needs CON save of 11 or become poisoned. Failed CON save greater than 5, becomes unconscious.

Kellar raised his Battle Axe and moved to chop at the thigh of the demon, Hyaahh!!! He shouted, as he tried to cut deep into the demon to draw his attention. Kellar buried the Battle Axe as deep as he could, but it didn't seem to affect the demon... Attack Roll= 18+5= 23; DMG= 8

My Axe doesn't cut it as it should, Kellar said as he shifted away from the demon and changed to his lance.

Actions:
Orbaugh and Kellar attacked, both succeeded. Because of DR, it only took half damage. If it's okay AO, I think Kellar would be able to observe that after his first axe strike, or would you prefer that I roll perception or something to determine otherwise? Let me know.


Last edited by Kellar on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
avatar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 485
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Wisconsin

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:47 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 14

--------------------------------

#2 'D4' : 3

--------------------------------

#3 'D20' : 18

--------------------------------

#4 'D8' : 4

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Osvald Hale on Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:27 pm

When the party rounds the stair into the entry way of the room, Osvald curses loudly, caught off guard by this otherworldly evil beast in the chamber.

Collecting himself, he pulls back his arrow and tries to get a clear shot--but hesitates as Kellar and Dwan rush forward for fear of hitting one of them.

Shorjahl steps forward bravely, calling out to the demon-beast.

'Wait... That's Bargerohn!?' Osvald curses again, he would have to have a serious talk with Shorjahl about his past in the very near future.

Osvald hesitates again, unsure if the wizard is about to speak with the demon, but as one black hoof clumps forward two arrows wizz forth from Cuss, sinking deep into crimson flesh.

Kellar follows a similar cue and cleaves into the malefic creature with a mighty swing and Orbaugh skitters through the wreckage on the floor to plant his sting into the demon as well before darting away.

Sweat beaded on Osvalds forehead, and he threw his lot in with the majority--mystically marking the demon, he fires off his arrow.

The arrow soars true, and catches the demon just below the collar bone, black blood ushering forth in a spurt!

=====

Hunters Mark cast on the Demon, firing arrow.

17 + 8 = 25 direct hit!


Last edited by Osvald Hale on Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 268
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
41/41  (41/41)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:27 pm

The member 'Osvald Hale' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 17

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Dwan Bolduum on Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:38 pm

Master! Bargerohn! I can help you!

There's no reasoning with a demon, Shorjahl. We must stop him before he kills us all! Dwan shouts from behind his shield.

Dwan peeks over his shield to see Kellar and Orbaugh's attack dig into the demon but come away with hardly a scar. We're in trouble.

Just as Dwan is about to call for retreat he sees the demon throw its head back Custer's bolt strike beneath the horn.

YES!!!Dwan cries out in excitement. Keep the bolts coming! The rest of the party jumps into action to disable the beast before it attacks Shorjahl.

Dwan swings his scepter to the side. With the movement the pillar of light shifts and lands on top of the demon again, causing the flames to reappear.

=======
Dwan stays at his location and moves the moonbeam back on the demon. Damage in lair.
avatar
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 224
Join date : 2015-01-29

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
57/57  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:30 pm

The Mariner had not reached the stair's climb when he heard Shorjahl's voice cry out in a tone rife with shock "... Master! Bargerohn! I can help you!"

The name 'Barjerohn' pinged in Artimus' mind. Thrinan the dwarven artificer uttered the same name as she poured over the blacken leather tome. The one that set so much unease in the Mariner.

So Barjerohn was Shorjahl's former master... A darkness hung over the namesake.

Rounding the top of the stair Artimus spied, Shorjahl, hands raise was calling out, desperately.

He readied his blade and paced forward into the second story of the tower.

The sight of the abomination hobbled Artimus as it came into view, his whole body quaking involuntarily.
The hulking multi-dimensional spectral beast took the breath from Artimus. Like being dropped into the cold plunges of the  great ice sea.

Artimus hung motionless for a moment, that stretched into what felt like an eon . The beast levied his gaze at the shouting mage, and snarled, moving in the most unnatural yet aggressive way, Horrific and beautiful.

The Cormyrian charged at the fiend's exposed front flank attempting to stall it's progression towards the vulnerable Shorjahl.


Without the the grace of a moment for better thought, Artimus lunged toward the the inky demonic form as it arc'd shifting in an out of existence. His shoulder crashed into the spectral thing, slashing through the reckless rush, he targeted his swipe at the unearthly creatures legs, praying he did not strike the prone Red Wizard Mazolath.

The Cruel Drucchi edge wielded by the Cormyrian Cleaved through the Devils flesh Mercilessly, it's own spectral wrath incising brutally.

===========================

Artimus attempts to intercept the black beast on its path to Shorjahl, with a tripping attack and slashing attack
Damage 7+5 +4+5 +4= 25 Damage     15 strength check or knocked prone!


Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:30 pm

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 7, 20, 15

--------------------------------

#2 'D8' : 7, 4, 4

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Ao on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:33 pm

The devil crashes down upon the floor as Artimus cuts into it, the blow from the rapier cutting a deep Crimson swatch across its chest as he blocks Shorjahl from its fury.

The floorboards groan under the weight of the beast, it's wings folding underneath it as splinters and dust rise in a hazy cloud.

A groaning scream escapes its maw, a whisper of torment and a torrent of anger breathing into the air as it rolls uncannily, seemingly floating to its feet under the power of those enormous wings.

Across the room, the fallen mage's eyes flutter, and he stares first at the demon, and then to you.

His mouth opens wordlessly, and he reaches out...

The devil flexes, drawing itself up into a rippling colossus of muscle and black flesh. It's fingertips glow quickly with a hint of fire, and it looks in Artimus' direction.

It's eyes do not meet his.

In a split second, it launches a tremendous blast of fire in the direction of the mariner, the flame consuming oxygen and undulating through the room in a heat wave.

[Hurl flame vs. artimus]

The shot is poorly placed, and the fireball rips past Artimus and collides with the stone wall.

[missed artimus]

Immediately it combusts and then sputters, scalding the rafters above and singing the splinters of barn beam.

The demon does not skip a beat, pressing forward and flailing its arms blindly, swiping at the air around the mariner.

[Devil fury swipe vs. Artimus]

Artimus nearly trips as a black claw comes crashing down upon his arm, the cut messy and brutal.

[10 damage to artimus]

The pain is excruciating, the wound searing with a transcendent, otherworldly burn.

The mariner catches a glimpse, his red blood soaking through the white shirt - on a backdrop of white-hot burning flame engulfing his arm.

===================

Ok Artimus, you need to roll a DC 17 con save or take 10 damage on your turn from this infernal wound.

(It's really bad)

The demon is tangled with Artimus now.

Exp:+20 to all. See you Monday!
avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Custer Thickett on Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:24 pm

Custer found it difficult to concentrate on the task of reloading his bows, even in the stairwell with his back propped against a wall.  The heat pouring through the door from the second floor was as intense as the otherworldly sound of the roaring demon.  The urge to flee pass through the Halfling's mind, but he reserved that he would not be the first among his friends to step in the direction of retreat.  

Loaded, Custer brought the crossbows up against his chest, sucked in a deep breath and held it, then turned into the door, extending the bows through the portal to aim at his target.  He found the demon tangled with Artimus, an angle of his side open to attack.  

[2 crossbows, +5 and +6]

15 Miss!

25 Hit!

Cuss's eyes water as he pivots back into the hallway. He'd watched a bolt fly high, but one had struck true. He hoped it hurt.


Last edited by Custer Thickett on Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:24 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 10, 10

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 6, 19

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Kellar on Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:32 pm

Kellar felt the heat from the flame against his skin, he could feel the hair go flat on his arms, his lungs drew hot air in and he coughed. He grabbed his waterskin and doused himself and Orbaugh quickly and put the waterskin back on his belt. Orbaugh, stay behind me, under the shield!

The pseudodragon scampered up Kellar's leg and crawled behind the shield on his back and shivered in fear as his master strode forward with his lance!

Artimus! he shouted as he saw the blood ooze from under his white shirt and flame consume his arm. Kellar did a quick jump step back and then lunged toward the demon...

Kellar moved toward the Demon with the intent of piercing it's heart, but he missed wide! The room was cramped and there wasn't a lot of room for maneuvering his lance. He dashed to the left of the Demon and went to Artimus, who was still on fire, and used his waterskin to put the flames out as fast as he could. Get up Artimus! he said as he lifted him by his belt as Orbaugh moved along Artimus' arm and tried his best to stamp out the flames.

Actions:
Kellar used Lunging Attack Attack Roll= 5+5= 10; Miss! 1d8 used, the used Action Surge to move to Artimus to quench the flame on his arm. Kellar used Rally 1d8= 6 + 1 (CHR)= 7 HP recovered to bolster Artimus' resolve (heal him temporarily).


Last edited by Kellar on Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
avatar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 485
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Wisconsin

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:32 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 5

--------------------------------

#2 'D6' : 6, 4

--------------------------------

#3 'D8' : 8

--------------------------------

#4 'D8' : 6

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Shorjahl on Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:53 am

Shorjahl stood, horrified, paralyzed, stricken with confusion and terror and sorrow. His mouth hung open, working as if to produce words, but only silence and breath came out. His blue eyes were open into bloodshot orbs as his comrades fought for their lives against this monster - his former master. When he saw what the other wizard had done, this Red Hand, he knew what he had to do, and that he had to save the man who he owed his early life and training to.

"Ignore the demon! He's been bound here by the mage!" Shorjahl points at the Red Hand, upon seeing him control Bargerohn with his wicked magicks. The young arcanist dodges around the fray, getting into a vantage point to which his attack won't harm his former master and mentor. While their past was riddled with secrets, antipathy, and angry words, Shorjahl didn't wish his master to die  this way, twisted in form and spirit to a demonic creature.

His bracer rang out true and terrible, howling with the intense arcane fury of the mage. "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!" energy blast after energy blast burst forth from the arcanist, each targeting the hands, feet, and joints of the other mage. "You bastard! Why?! Why?!"

-------------------

Targeting the other wizard. I have a feeling this guy used Bargerohn to bind up the demon, so I'm going for him to hopefully end the spell. I don't want to kill him, I just want to incapacitate him. Magic Missile so no roll needed. Casting as a level 2 spell: 9 dmg to the other wizard


Last edited by Shorjahl on Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:54 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 227
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 12
Health:
24/24  (24/24)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:53 am

The member 'Shorjahl' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D4' : 1, 4, 2, 2

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Osvald Hale on Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:08 pm

Osvald curses, throwing up an arm against the intense heat, sweat dripping from his face.

He trades an exasperated look with Cuss, unsure of what to do. Shorjahl was pummeling the Mage on the floor with burst after burst of energy, and Kellar had squared off in front of the demon, Forcing Artimus back.

The demon clomped forward menacingly, and Osvald couldn't hesitate--Shorjahls former master or no, this fell monstrosity was about to tear into his friends--He drops his arm, takes aim, and fires another arrow at the Demon's shoulder joint, aiming to cripple it.

The arrow flies true, hissing past Artimus and Kellar, through a gap in the swirling melee no bigger than a man's palm as it flickered open for but a moment--biting deep into the Demons flesh with a satisfying Thump.

=====

Arrow toward the Demon, also Perception check on the extent of the fire damage to the structure.

20! + 8 = 28, editing post for a presicion shot if you'll allow it Ao.

5+ 4 = 9 Perception


Last edited by Osvald Hale on Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 268
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
41/41  (41/41)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum