Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Three

+4
Kellar
Shorjahl
Custer Thickett
Ao
8 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Chapter Three - Page 10 Empty Re: Chapter Three

Post  Dwan Bolduum Fri May 29, 2015 8:27 am

The meaty thunk as Osvald's arrow sinks into Junich's skin catches Dwan off guard.

He turns to the group behind him. Well that seemed unnecessary. He didn't even have a chance! Dwan's voice raises in anger as he turns to the group. You would kill an unarmed naked man?! Osvald I had you pegged for --

Dwan pauses as he counts only three companions. Where's... where's...

His anger melts away, he steps back into a non-threatening pose after hearing the halfling. Always casualties in war. Dwan grants himself one long sigh before regaining his composure.

Once Sorren has been relocated to the floor in shackles, Dwan walks over to the window. His posture is noticeably stiffer, more like a soldier. He grabs the rope and pulls. Come on, boy, we need this rope. Climb quickly! We need to be leaving this damned place.

Once Cecil and the rope have been gathered in the room, Dwan cuts the other human loose from his chair. I wouldn't be running far if I were you, the trouble below is much worse than Sorren. Dwan takes the chair and waits for Kellar and Artimus to return to the room. Once they enter he will use the chair to bar the door.

=================
Dwan helps Cecil to the room, releases his brother and will bar the door with the chair.
Dwan Bolduum
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
Chapter Three - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue57/57Chapter Three - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
Chapter Three - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue6/6Chapter Three - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Fri May 29, 2015 2:58 pm

Kellar stands at the top of the stairs, throwing furniture and detritus down into the hungering maw of the undead horde.

For a moment, you can hear Junich’s screams as they eat the flesh off of his living body.

But the cries don’t last long.

[…]

Soren kneels down, a cold look on his face. He presents his hands behind his back.

“Very well, fellows. A foolish choice, no doubt. Either the undead will consume your bodies wholesale, or every shadow in Baldur’s Gate will endeavour to end your lives.

As you manacle him, you sense his utter relaxation at the situation.

[…]

Cecil falls upon the floor, sputtering and wet, just as Kellar re-enters the room and Dwan braces the door with a table.

As you lower Thorold from his hanging, he collapses in a heap of blood and bruised skin.

His brother crawls over, cradling his head in his lap.

Cecil looks up;

“We have to get out of here.”

==========================

Ok guys. Sorry its a short one - crazy day.

Soren is manacled, and both the boys are back up with you. Thorold is likely too wounded to hold tightly to anything, and you suspect that Soren will escape if given the chance, clearly.

The rumblings of the undead have been stalled by the rain of furniture. But they won’t be long.

EXP: +20
Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
Chapter Three - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue1/1Chapter Three - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Chapter Three - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter Three - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Fri May 29, 2015 4:12 pm

Osvald lowers his bow as Soren is manacled and Rushes to the window, grabbing Cecil when he's within reach and pulling the boy up into the chamber by the belt. He hoists up the slack rope and tosses the free end to Cuss, before stuffing a hand into his own pack and retrieving his coil of rope.

"Cuss, stay with us friend. We're be through this soon." His callous scowl fading to a warm, if weary, smile for a moment.

As soon as the change in his face came on it dissipates and the Rangers countenance is stern as stone. His hands work on the other end of his own rope, fraying a foot of the end into its individual windings. While he works he calls out:

"Kellar, Artimus, load as much furniture as you can in front of that door, we don't have long! And Artimus--douse it with oil when you've done. Cecil--wrap Throlod in a blanket, the night grows colder. If Ye can, barter him a swig of Artimus' heading draught, he'll need to be able to move when we hit the ground."

Pulling an arrow from his pack, he draws his dagger and cuts two small notches into the shaft. There he starts his wind of the frayed rope end, wrapping the shaft a half dozen times to keep the weight balanced forward as best he can before beginning a braided series of knots down the rest of the arrows length, careful to knot between the fetching so it flies close to true as possible.

"Alright Cuss, you might not like this... I aim to sink this shaft into a trunk at the tree line. Then, you zip down, cut the line and tie it off proper like. Then we send the boys down. After, rest of us follow with Soren between. I'll hold the dead at the choke of the door long as I can, then I'll come myself. Easy right? I'm not sure how well the line will hold, so you best leave your pack and anything weight you can spare here, I'll send it down with Cecil, Alright? Perhaps you should hammer in the grapple as well..."

(Assuming No one has any objections to the plan moving forward, otherwise disregard the rest)

Osvald takes up his bow, steeling himself against the pain in his arm, squinting past the swelling in his face. He does his best to slow his breathing against his pounding heart. He selects a wide tree, and takes careful aim--before raising his bow up... Up... To account for the distance... Feeling the wind, he adjusts his aim left... Impossibly left, trusting the wind to guide his shot home.

Heaving with all his might, the bow flexes in a wild arc against the pillar of his arm, the wood creaking in protest.

He says a prayer and...

(Rolling) 7 + 8 = 15 hit???

=====

Rolling on this shot with advantage because Osvald will take as long as nessecary to line up the shot.

Knotted my rope into Cuss' for distance.

Last edited by Osvald Hale on Fri May 29, 2015 4:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
Chapter Three - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue41/41Chapter Three - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (41/41)
Chapter Three - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue4/4Chapter Three - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Fri May 29, 2015 4:12 pm

The member 'Osvald Hale' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 1, 7

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Fri May 29, 2015 11:22 pm

Kellar removes a javelin from his back and judges the length versus the door. He finds a proper distance from the door to angle the javelin and make a stop rod against the door. He carefully chips at the old mortar holding the stone in the floor and then uses his Battle Axe to notch out a part in the door to make an anchor point. I don't know how much this will help, but it's pressed against the door, closest to the frame to make it sturdier than it otherwise would be, he said to the group. Kellar moved some more furniture against the door, careful to not press anything against the javelin that was in place already.

Orbaugh, lend me your sight and tell me what you see out near the trees. I help! Arrow went! Perception Roll= 13+4= 17; success!

Kellar removed the giant dragon mouthed crossbow from his back and ratcheted back the line and placed a bolt in the carriage. He backed up toward the the side of the window, while keeping an eye on the door. Custer, be quick, here use this to get across, he said. Kellar handed Custer a caribiner and a length of rope long enough to make a slip hoop so he could glide across as fast as possible. I have three more caribiners, Hale, Master Dwarf and Artimus, here. Whichever order, I'll be sure I'm the last to go down the rope to safety, he said.

One more thing, Cecil hold this, he said to the boy as he handed him the large crossbow. He then removed his backpack and measured four arm lengths of rope and cut it with his battle axe. Okay, ball bearings, who has them and can I have them to place in here? Any flasks of oil that you can spare as well, he said.

If Kellar receives ball-bearings and flasks of oil from his companions, he'll place them in his backpack, along with a length of chain and then lower it down just above the heads of the undead. Kellar will anchor it to the window so the bag maintains it's height, easily visible to a certain ranger with exploding arrows...

If Kellar does not receive extra items from his companions or a better plan is being formed, he will go along with that plan.

Kellar then retrieves the massive crossbow from Cecil, who appeared to be struggling with holding it upright and not tipping over with it. Thanks, lets get out of here, he said.

Actions:
Kellar anchored the door as best he could and then posted up beside the window with his crossbow, and potentially is making a makeshift claymore to cause massive damage to the undead horde, with Osvald's help.

Last edited by Kellar on Fri May 29, 2015 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
Chapter Three - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue49/49Chapter Three - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)
Chapter Three - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue6/6Chapter Three - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Fri May 29, 2015 11:22 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 13, 13

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:12 am

Custer takes off his pack and digs through it.  He grabs two crowbars.  He tosses a healing potion to Kellar.  "Looks like you could use this, no?"

Cuss pushes the pack to Osvald, and retrieves a hand crossbow from the floor.  He folds it and stows it in his belt.  "It's a horrible plan, really, but it beats dying here, yeah?  I'll do me best."

Custer steps onto the ledge of the window and hooks the line with a crowbar in one hand, pulling hard to test the anchoring on this end.  He takes a deep breath as he follows the rope to where it ends in the treeline, and he watches a moment for movement there.  It'd make little sense to go if the dead were already there.

[Perception +1]

If Cuss does not see anything, then he raises the other crowbar in his left hand and hooks the line with it as well.  He turns to the others in the room, winks at Osvald, then lifts his weight from the ledge, letting it carry him down the line and into the howling rain.  It was worse than he expected.  The falling water blurred his vision as he picked up speed on the rope.

[Acrobatics +3]

When Cuss gets to the knot of the two ropes joined, he pulls one of the crowbars free of the line and quickly tries to hook behind the knot as it speeds close.  He tries to transition his weight to that bar and pull the trailing one free before it catches the knot, but he was too slow. When the bar stopped moving, his body jolted forward, and his hand slipped on the wet metal. The rope twisted and strained...

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Three - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue49/49Chapter Three - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (49/49)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:12 am

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 10

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 2

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Artimus DeLonde Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:38 pm

Hold him, Mon Ami,  Artimus requested Dawn passing his chains over.

The Mariner quickly produced his last canister of lamp oil, His smashed lamp covered by the trampling feet of the dead wanderers, was of no use.Along with the pouch of ballbearings and the fourth healing decanter.

"Do what you muzt Mon Dragoon." He said offering the requested items to Kellar and handing the draught to Thorold" We live through thiz day Mon Ami."

Artimus Dragged the arrow stuck Lycan to the window and lobbed the body off the ledge into the mass of arms and festering, flesh torn faces.  Something to busy them while they glided from the forsaken tower deep in the cloakroom..

Artimus locked eyes with Saurren.

Naked and unafraid.

"You and these zombiez have zomething in common furlezz wolf."
Artimus sneered, pushing Sorren to the edge of the window.

"You bozh are too witlezz to fear deazh. I have met the end before. What waits for you zhere is worse than the fate below, and still you should fear it. Perhapz you would care to join you're friend? Share in aiding our ezcape?

Non?

"How Ironic, a creature like you... Hungrily 'wolfed; down by anozher of your ilk.I long to hear your zcreamz paint this lozt tower. Tezt me, and I will teach you to fear death"

Leaning him further still, his toes edging out the broken window, dangling over the hungry mass below.

Should you die here, will anyone find your body? Or will you be lost to time and vile their rotting bowels?

No one will know your face once it has been ztripped from your zkull and devoured.

These mindless onez will feazt on your flezh az flee this damned place. Artimus said with a faced turned in disgust spitting into the writhing crowd.

**Artimus invites Saurren to see his darkness Intimidation 18+5=22**

Artimus attempted to fashion his belt and bandanna into a harness to bind Sorren to himself, Jurry rig (3) Fail.  It turned into a fine mess, he stowed it into his pack to deal with later.

Kellar offered him a carbiner but the Captain refused.  "Uze it yourself Mon ami,  I'll ride down on my crossbow.

Artimus with Dawns help unshackle Saurren's hand and passes the shackle around the top of the zip-line re-shackling it in position.

"I'll be right waiting for you at the bottom for you" Artimus said loading his heavy crossbow, swinging it in position over the line.

**13+5 athletics 18**
===================================================
Ok lots of actions here
Potion to thorold
intimidation of Saurren
Items to Kellar
Loaded Crossbow
Zipline down to join Cuss

Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Artimus DeLonde
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Three - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue50/61Chapter Three - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/61)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:38 pm

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 18, 3, 13

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Dwan Bolduum Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:43 am

After helping Artimus shackle Sorren to the line Dwan looks at the two brothers.

Cecil, you will need to get him up and ready to go. Are you able to take him down with you?

The successive sound of the crossbow and chains grinding along rope and the faint sound of fingernails scratching at wood is Dwan's signal that the two must go. Dwan moves over and helps Cecil in standing his brother up and moving him towards the window. Once the boy is propped up against the wall, Dwan goes into his pack and draws out his rope.

We both know he won't be able to make the trip down alone. You will need to carry his weight, Dwan says as he starts tying his rope tightly around the two brothers. By the time the two are fully secure the moans of the undead have grown louder in Dwan's ear. Unsure if the noise is coming from the creatures feasting below or from the creatures making their way up the stair, Dwan motions Kellar for the carbiner.

Once Cecil has taken hold of the carbiner, Dwan sees the boy's hesitation to jump. Hold on tight, or prepare to move. Those creatures move faster than they look. With a quick motion, Dwan shoves the brothers from the window. He is relieved to see the carbiner holding steady as the boys slide down the rope, Cecil's scream trailing as they make their way down.

Looking over at Kellar, Dwan is uncertain if he saw a look of disappointment or a wry smile from the Dragoon. You know we didn't have enough time for him to get ready on his own. Now toss me one of those and lets get out of this hell hole.

Dwan checks his gear to make sure that everything is secure and proceeds to ride down the rope towards the rest of the group.

==============================
Once Sorren and Artimus have taken off down the rope, Dwan gathers Cecil and his brother and send them down the rope as well.
Dwan then zips down himself.
Dwan Bolduum
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Three - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue57/57Chapter Three - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (57/57)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:32 pm

Kellar focused on the door. He watched Dwan get Cecil and his brother ready from the corner of his eye. He maintained his aim with the crossbow and flipped one carabiner to the dwarf.

Here, he said.

Kellar heard the boys scream as they descended down the line. He grinned slightly.

Oh, I agree. Not enough time by themselves. Very fatherly of you to get them prepped and hollering out the door, he said. He handed the last carabiner to Dwan and patted him on the shoulder.

Have a safe trip, he said. The dwarf's eyes went wide as Kellar shoved him out the window!

Kellar stowed his crossbow and looped a length of chain over the line. He anchored a hand hold and a foothold and began his descent. Strength Roll= 9+7= 16; success?

Orbaugh rode his shoulder, looking at the area beneath them. He eyed the satchel hanging beside the tower.

Actions:
Followed the group. Strength checks with advantage to descend.

Last edited by Kellar on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:32 pm

'D20' : 3, 9

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:46 pm

Osvald’s arrow sails gracefully out over the bog, nestling tightly in a tall, leaning tree.

Kellar leans into the window, watching as the bag swoons back and forth above the door. Beside him, Custer fingers his crossbow and surveys the tree.

Mercifully, the undead swarm the bottom of the tower, leaving room for a clear descent along the zip line.

*WHUMP*

The door slams behind you, scratching and pawing and the sounds of guttural moaning beyond.

Time to go.

Soren sneers, but seems to cow away as Artimus looms over him. [Artimus, Intimidate check success, advantage on any rolls to catch Soren if he breaks for it]

The halfling grabs the makeshift bar, and leaps out the window into the drizzling rain…

[…]

Custer feels the sensation of a free fall, as his knuckles crack, the bar coming loose, and the wicked twisting of his descent sends him plummeting down into the bog from a height of 40 feet.

[Custer, need a DEX / acrobatics check to recover during the fall. Otherwise, you’re going to take 2D6 damage and be prone for a turn]

You watch in horror out the window as Custer plummets to the ground.

And, suddenly, the door begins to splinter at the corner, Kellar’s javelin crashing to the ground as numerous arms and appendages begin to loom through the opening portal…

Artimus is the first out, trailed by the manacled Soren, and followed by Kellar. The two land carefully upon the ground, staring back up at the tower.

Soren spits on the ground, the rain plastering his hair to his face as he looks back at Custer. The wretch laughs.

“Oooh! The plot thickens!”

Lightning cracks in the sky, revealing Custer’s crumpled state just ahead. And not far beyond, a cadre of shambling undeath...

[Artimus & Kell, successful descent]
[Dwan & Osvald, I need rolls!]

Dwan and Osvald stand, watching as the door is ripped from its hinges and dropped upon the ground, the undead spilling into the room over one another.

Cecil screams, affixing his brother to the line and tearing out the window….

[Cecil + Thorold @ disadvantage… success (14)]

The two men land in a heap next to Soren, Thorold breathing heavily as he stumbles through the muck, weak and beaten.

=====

Ok guys, Custer you’re approximately 30 feet away from the group. Need to make those checks to see what state you’re in.

Dwan and Osvald, time to go my mans! Need some rolls from you guys to see if y’all make it. If you don’t leave -right now- then the undead will be upon you. In fact, unless you give me an interesting way that you don’t get totally swarmed, then…assume I’ll impose a nice twist of fate Smile

Actions guys?

Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Three - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue1/1Chapter Three - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Chapter Three - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter Three - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dwan Bolduum Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:51 am

Dwan's grip nearly slips as Kellar pushes him from the tower but he is able to hold on to the carabiner as it takes him away from the room.

**Strength check for Dwan's decent**
Nat 20 + 1 21

As Dwan nears the ground he locates the group, angles his body towards them, and releases his grip directly into a light jog towards them.

Without skipping a beat, We need to get going and we can't let Thorold slow us down.  Cecil tie him onto my back so that he doesn't fall off.

A wave of confusion crosses Cecil's face before Dwan's limbs, torso, and face start to extend into the shape of a Warhorse. Once the transformation has completed Dwan knock's his hoof against the ground to get Cecil back on track.

Dwan lowers his body to the ground and allows Cecil to secure Thorold on him before they depart.

===============

Dwan slides down the rope and changes into a horse so that Cecil can tie Thorold to him. Dwan definitely wants to escape quickly.

Last edited by Dwan Bolduum on Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : some flair for nat 20)
Dwan Bolduum
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:51 am

The member 'Dwan Bolduum' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 20

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:27 pm

Osvald locks his carabiner in place, snapping it where the straps of his pack converge at the top of his kit. He draws the second last of his explosive tipped arrows and sets it in the window well just as Kellar descends, the line wining under the blue mans weight.

Quickly the ranger reaches behind his head, clipping the carabiner onto the line (check: 17+2=19) and snatching up the arrow--the snarling undead mere feet away--He leaps backward into the abyss, at the apex of his jump, he launches the arrow with its powerful payload over he heads of the undead, and toward the debris piled in front of the door, now swarming with the dead. (To hit: 7+8=15)

The arrow skitters into the crowd, the concussive crack of its detonation muffled by the swarm of bodies--followed a fraction of a moment later with a might WHOOSH as the explosive ignites the Oil laid out by Artimus. The room erupts in a plume of Red flame and oily black smoke. The wave of heat washes of Osvald and the force speeds his descent, the line shaking violently with the blow out.

Sailing backwards down the line, Osvald grins grimly as he watches he horde burn, silhouetted in the window against the inferno.

As he nears the bottom of he line, his friends catch his descent and steady the ranger. He uncouples quickly and tosses the Caribiner back to Kellar.

Osvalds is at first startled to see the warhorse stamping impatiently, but his eyes go wider when he does a quick head count.

In a hissing whisper he asks, "Where is cuss!?" looking back toward the tower, (perception: 19+4=23) he spies the motionless form of the halfling laying crumpled below the zip line.

Cursing under his breath, he turns back to the group and indicates a path into the tree line, whispering to the group... "Kellar, lead the boys into the trees and keep them safe. Artimus, cover me! I'm going to get Cuss... Be back in a moment."

Osvald crouches low, and fades into the underbrush. (Stealth: 15+6=21) The woodsman moves like a shadow, creeping silently through the marsh and in a moment is all but invisible to his companions. He comes upon the halfling, and frowns at the unnatural position of his limbs, the stillness with which he lays... He wishes a prayer for the halflings life, and drags him up and onto his back, dead weight like a sack of grain. As he turns and begins his crawl back to his companions with cuss on his shoulder, he quietly whispers his friends name, trying to rouse him.

"Cuss?"

=====

Actions outlined in post.

Last edited by Osvald Hale on Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Three - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue41/41Chapter Three - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (41/41)
Chapter Three - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue4/4Chapter Three - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:27 pm

#1 'D20' : 13

#2 'D20' : 7

#3 'D20' : 19

#4 'D20' : 15

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:30 pm

Custer curses his hands as his feet fight to save him.  He flows with his forward motion and barrels them beneath his body while trying to spot a safe angle for his landing.  Mayhaps he could tumble this one out without breaking anything.  

[Acrobatics +3]
14 Fail? Success?

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:30 pm

'D20' : 11

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ao Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:46 pm

Fire and ash rains out of the keep’s window frame, where flaming undead scramble and fall from the enormous height, landing in wet piles of gore and bone amidst the marsh.

The fire burns hot upon their flesh, billowing black smoke up into the sky as they continue to pile upon the ground, catching some of their meandering brethren alight as well.

[Custer, failed his check. 9 Damage to Custer!]

The halfling lays in the mud, his vision blurred, and the breath knocked from him. He rolls around for a moment, looking sidelong at the lumbering undead, half of them caught alight by the fire, and the other half stumbling about in the confusion.

Suddenly, Osvald appears above him…

[…]

The muscular horse, Dwan, stands at attention as Cecil breathlessly lashes his brother to the animal.

Soren sits quietly upon the ground, looking outward at the calamity beyond.

The distant buzzing of the shambling, fungus-encrusted denizens of this swamp is nearly deafening in your ears. Greasy smoke wafts across the swamp, choking the air with a filthy, rotted stench.

The treeline beckons from beyond, a hasty retreat from this foul hell in the making.

=====-===============

Ok guys -

Custer and Osvald, you’re about 40 feet away from the keep, and 30 feet away from the fellows. The undead would’ve been upon you, Custer, but Osvald/Kellar/Artimus’ pyrotechnic plan has set them largely alight, and you have some breathing room while they walk about, choking the air in deathly black smoke.

As you plan your escape - who is managing Soren? What security measures do you have upon him, and how are you moving him with you, at the same pace as you?

Ao
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Dwan Bolduum Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:50 am

Dwan looks on nervously towards Osvald and Custer's body laying on the ground.

Come on, Cuss. Get up. We can't lose another one here.  

As the halfling rises, Dwan whinnies in relief.

With Thorold tied securely on his back Dwan starts pacing while waiting for the group to decide how they are going to transfer their very naked prisoner through the damp night.

The mosquitoes are going to have a fun time with you.

As soon as the prisoner handling has been decided, Dwan takes point and starts to move away from the zombies and into the forest. Dwan moves quickly but cautiously, keeping a keen eye out for any zombies that might be hiding in the forest, and for marks or tracks that would help lead them out quicker.  

The silence of the forest is eerie. Dwan has always felt at home in forests, swamps, plains; just anywhere with open skys above. This place though, Dwan could not want to be out sooner. Every minute or so Dwan looks back and ensure that he is not leaving the party behind with his pace.

==============================
Dwan is prepared to move out.  

FYI Dwan can only stay as a horse for 2 hours I believe, (need to double check PH) so he will try to .

Perception to keep an eye out for enemies 12+3 = 15
Nature to navigate their way out of the forest/marsh/swamp 14+3 = 17

Last edited by Dwan Bolduum on Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Dwan Bolduum
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:50 am

The member 'Dwan Bolduum' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 12

#2 'D20' : 14

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:51 pm

The feeling of sudden weightlessness proceeded Cuss's panic.  He twisted, but could not control his rotation against the forward motion of his travel.  As the ground rushed up to meet him, Cuss only had time to think one word.  Shorjy.

He felt the pain of his landing only for a moment.  His vision flashed white before turning dark, but he could still feel his body writhing in the mud.  

SHURLNK!    

The sound was close, but when Cuss turned his head, the darkness remained unchanging.  

Then came the pain in his chest.  He wasn't breathing.  cabhrú liom Roz.

He tried to scream.  His neck straining.  His mouth silent.  

Then, there was Osvald above him.  'Cuss?'

Custer reached up to him, tried to smile, and soon found himself slung over the man's back.  The motion somehow pulled air back into him.  He gasped as he gulped the air down.  It came spitting back out a small squeaking sound.  "Thanks, yeah?

Cuss looked at the ground where he fell, and he saw the source of the sound.  His crowbar was sticking straight up in the mud not a foot from where he lay.  

Once back with the group, he had the strength to stand again but he remained hunched in stature.  Bent yet unbroken.  He padded down his sides, checking his pockets and loops.  His bows were here, and nothing seemed broken.  Closing his eyes with hope, Cuss reached his hand back for the Urn to check it's state... Ao?

Custer looked to the others, then to the woods.  He pulls his father's light crossbow from his back, and cocks it to load.  "Me thinks I'm fine.  Lets move, yeah?"

He looks to the now burning keep once more, thinking,  'go dtí an saol seo chugainn, Shorjahl.

Then, he moves along with Osvald.

[Stealth +9]

=======

Battery almost dead.
Rolling stealth for movement.

Last edited by Custer Thickett on Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:51 pm

'D20' : 2

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Artimus DeLonde Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:00 pm

Artimus Had soren on his knees, a swift kick to the nape of the limb planted the hairless wolf in the mud.

**soft rumbling**

A heavy Crossbow followed Osvald as he hoisted the brave, foulmouthed halfing over his shoulder.

**A soft rumbling**

Artimus kept the implement trained on the two men as the honored ranger and Custar trudged out the of the inky thick muck, as smoke billowed carring the flesh of the dead with it.

The Mariner realized it was HE that was growling and silenced the sound. His face still bore the sound, twisted and cross.

As Soren was hoisted to his feet a noose was placed around his neck and looped through the manicales behind his back.

you won't get far with no air to fill your lungs. Artimus instructed Soren, placing the heavy crossbow on his back and retrieving a seldom used shortsword to direct Soren, who would walk a pace or two ahead.

Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Artimus DeLonde
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:
Chapter Three - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue50/61Chapter Three - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/61)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kellar Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:03 am

Kellar collected the carabiners from his comrades and clicked them into his belt. He watched Osvald collect Custer from the mud and walk toward the treeline. The undead weren't much further behind them. He watched Dwan shift into a horse. At least when you're a horse you don't have a beard, he said. Cecil's brother was set on top and was ready to move out.

It's time to move, everyone here? Kellar equipped his shield and Battle Axe and waited for the others to move ahead of him into the woods.

Orbaugh, keep an eye out for me. Lend me your eyes again. Perception Roll= 15+4= 19

Kellar paused and looked among the group. Shorjahl. This treasure better be worth the sacrifice. I'll feed parts of you to those monsters Soren, if it is not, he said. Intimidation Roll= 17+3= 20

Find the river, let it take us out of here. What say you, Hale? He said.

If Soren attempts to escape, Kellar will move to hamstring him with his Battle Axe. Soren will then be tied to Horse-Dwan and slung over his back.
If Soren does not attempt to escape, Kellar will remain on his back right side while keeping an eye out for undead.

If the group agrees with Kellar's suggestion of the river, he'll ask Osvald to lead on.
If the group disagrees with Kellar's suggestion, he'll defer to Osvald.

Stealth Roll= 14+5= 19

Last edited by Kellar on Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
Kellar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:03 am

#1 'D20' : 10, 15

#2 'D20' : 17

#3 'D20' : 14

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Osvald Hale Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:16 pm

Osvald slinks back to his friends, leaving the glow of the burning tower behind them.

Once rejoined, he gently lowers Cuss to the ground, but the halfling seems to find his feet well enough. Osvald offers a smile and claps Cuss on the shoulder before moving to the fore of the party.

"Find the river, let it take us out of here. What say you, Hale?" Asks Kellar.

"Aye, the break in the trees will help us move faster. Everyone ready? Let's go... If I stop suddenly, everyone stop and be silent. Artimus--Keep your blade in the crook of the dogs back. If we get ambushed, hamstring him and we'll leave him as a distraction. Cuss, can you watch our tail? ...Come now, let's leave this foul place."

=====

Osvald will lead the party into the woods what he figures to be a safe distance before looping around back to the river as per Kellars suggestion.

Rolling Perception, Nature, & Stealth for the voyage.

Osvald will stop suddenly and raise a fist if he spots anything out of the ordinary.

14+4=18 Per, 11+4=15 Nat, 12+6=18 Ste.

Last edited by Osvald Hale on Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Osvald Hale
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  DiceMaster Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:16 pm

'D20' : 14, 11, 12

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Custer Thickett Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:38 pm

Custer keeps his eyes on the smoldering ruin in the bog as Osvald instructs the group on tactics. He turned to Lord Hale to nod a yes when asked to cover the rear. It wasn't where he preferred to be when fleeing, but he was learning how to cope with the trappings of duty and would do as he was asked by his friend. He turned back to look at Shorjahl's tomb as the others began to move out. Still winded and light headed from his fall, Cuss's mind soon began to wonder. The flickering lights danced on the shadows of the bog, and from them seemed grow the memory of the burning market. The moans of the undead became the vivid memory of dying citizen's last gasping screams of slaughter. Cuss hunched on his knees and drew a long deep breath of the night air, no longer caring about the swamp's stench. He closed his eyes and cleared his mind.

He was ready... for a bed.
Custer Thickett
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10