Chapter Three

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Thu May 21, 2015 11:04 am

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 7

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 2

--------------------------------

#3 'D20' : 14

--------------------------------

#4 'D4' : 2

--------------------------------

#5 'D20' : 7

--------------------------------

#6 'D20' : 10

--------------------------------

#7 'D8' : 5

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Thu May 21, 2015 1:34 pm

Artimus locked eyes with the hulking were-beast. It's steely grey eyes standing in unflinching opposition to his own baleful scowl.

The Mariner saw that fearsome beast remained unmoved by his frenzied attacks shifted his focus. He turned to the beast that had Kellar's blood dripping from his maw. Artimus grabbed the unsuspecting creature Like a farmer would grabe a too-large bale of hay, snatching flesh and tuffs of hair in his thick gloved hand.

Using his body as a lever leaned back into a role tossing the hairy monstrosity in the direction of the faming fungal mutants.

1d20 touch attack to grapple 13+5 HIt
1d20 to throw 1d20 11+?athletics or acrobatics ? 4 or 5 =15 or 16



Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Thu May 21, 2015 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Thu May 21, 2015 1:34 pm

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 13, 11

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Osvald Hale on Thu May 21, 2015 3:26 pm

Sweat glistens on the huntsmans brow as a wash of heat bathes the room from the incinerating horde, quickly warming the damp sub-chamber.

Kellar, in a mighty display of strength. And Artimus, with a masterful grappling technique, both maneuver the massive were-beasts out into the gaping maws of the undead!

Grinning at this fortuitous turn of events, Osvald calls out: "Artimus, Kell! Get down!"

As they dive for cover, Osvald kicks over a rotten table, taking a knee behind it and drawing one of Kellars Modified Arrows.

Whispering a quiet prayer into the arrowhead, he pops up from behind the table, takes Aim at the center werewolf--thrashing in the mob of undead--and fires!

=====

Cast Hail of Thorns on modified arrow, firing at center werewolf caught in the melee with the zombies, assuming with advantage because of the crowd.

16 + 8 = 24 Hit!

Target wolf receives Main damage, every creature within ten feet takes hits from the thorns and the concussive blast. Both werewoles may have a chance to be lit on fire as well? Your call Ao.


Last edited by Osvald Hale on Thu May 21, 2015 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 268
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
41/41  (41/41)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Thu May 21, 2015 3:26 pm

The member 'Osvald Hale' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 16, 3

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Ao on Thu May 21, 2015 10:45 pm

Blood froths in the werewolf’s mouth as Kellar staggers across the antechamber towards the flaming wall of burning, smoking flesh.

Arms and gaping maws flare out of the mass, only to be trampled by another ravenous ghoul from behind, falling over his former kin and into the great pyre.

Kellar’s gauntlet crushes the life out of the monster, blood pouring from the Dragoon’s many wounds as he drags his pole arm behind him.

Alongside, Artimus and Osvald drive back another wolf, while the enormous Dwan bats and pulls at another.

With a great heave, Kellar pushes his prey forward into the onrushing horde, as they break through their own barrier of meat and swarm through the keep…

[…]

A shower of glass explodes over Custer as he fights to keep his balance in the downpour, his feet slipping across the parapet. Below him, Cecil lets out a cry, the shards crackling upon his head and shoulders, raining into the pulsing mass of encrusted undeath far below them.

Custer whips his head up, and looks at his prey.

The tormentor has fallen to the ground, gutshot. The bold sticks out of Soren’s stomach, bleeding profusely from between his fingers.

He screams in agony, the urn rolling across the floor as his legs kick out to find a foothold, desperately ushering him back into futile cover behind the small table.

The young hanged man is shocked into life by the development, jerking his head about and flailing his body like a squirming maggot.

Soren looks at the window, extending his arm. Claws materialize upon his hand, fur sprouting from his flesh. His head begins to fall, his human form expended - until the doglike face of a werewolf takes his place.

Bathed in blood, he rises to his feet in a flash, snarling through the window at Custer.

With a bestial growl, Soren charges the window…

[…]

The onrushing tide of undeath spurns out over their smoking brethren, and as quickly as the werewolf is released from Kellar’s grasp they spill over it.

Furiously, the beast lashes out, felling zombie after zombie in a flurry of gore and flesh. Artimus drives back the other werewolf, diving out of the way as Osvald’s arrow comes in ….

….

A hail of thorns explodes amidst the mass, splintering the horde and felling the second werewolf in a spray of misty pink.

The slobbering undead prune over his corpse instantly, several stopping to feast upon the fallen lycanthrope before clambering over their hungering kin for your fresh bodies…

The third werewolf snarls, catching a glimpse of his entrapped brethren as the horde closes in upon you. He turns from Dwan, bolting for the staircase -

[Werewolf ‘Junich’ uses Disengage, and moves for the staircase]

In a flash, the lycanthrope clears the antechamber, weaving past the great bear and disappearing round the corner of the stairwell.

Turning round, you see the tide of zombies coalescing upon you…

Shorjahl stands tall, fire bursting from his fingertips as he begins to hurl bolt after bolt of magical energy at the encroaching horde.

But where one zombie falls, another takes its place.

============================

Ok guys, you’re in the antechamber. All exits from the room other than the staircase are completely choked with zombies. Plans for a last stand?

Artimus, Osvald, and Kellar, you’re close enough to the front lines of the horde that you can see the whites of their eyes as they descend upon you, smoking and slobbering for your flesh.

If you choose to move, know that the three of you will provoke 1D4 attacks of opportunity from the zombies unless you succeed at a DEX check, DC 15.

Also know, for the three of you, that any hit from a zombie has a chance to grapple you…so lay out your plans but don’t assume to be clear of the threat unless you pass that DEX save.

if you fail the DEX save, make sure that you make at least 4 STR checks, so that I can compare them vs. any grapples that hit you.

—_Custer:

Soren, in werewolf form, is charging for you. It doesn’t look good - one good swipe and he’ll cut your rope or bull-rush you out into the open air (about a 60 foot fall.)

EXP: +20

Ao
avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Custer Thickett on Fri May 22, 2015 3:17 am

Custer begins breaking loose pieces of glass from the frame of the window as Sorren writhes across the floor to the table.  He smiles as he spots the Urn roll free across the floor, but soon frowns as the injured man begins to change.  When the wolf charged him, there was no time to think.  Any misstep could be his last.  Cuss dug into what little traction he could feel in the toes of his boots, and lunged through the window.  He kicked against the left side of the frame to turn and tumble away from the wolf, spotting his landing carefully to vault himself toward the loose artifact.

[Rolling Acrobatics, +3]
18

Cuss released the unloaded crossbow from his right hand as he vaulted into and past fur and talon.  When he lands and slides into a stop along side the rolling cup, he trades the loaded crossbow in his left hand to his right.  He grabs the Urn of the Flamelord with his left hand, and then holds it still against the floor.  Custer extends the loaded crossbow high into the air to swing the stock against the Urn and yells, "STOP!  Hold, or I break this cup, yeah!?"  

======

Cuss dives for the Urn, and gambles on Sorren not killing him when he threatens to shatter it.


Last edited by Custer Thickett on Fri May 22, 2015 3:22 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Fri May 22, 2015 3:17 am

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 15

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Fri May 22, 2015 12:06 pm

The view through grasping fungi covered arms and grasping fingers was chilling. Flesh , fur and sinew pulled apart from bone by the unconcerned drones risen from the swamp was a kind of unforgiving assault. The unholy mutants pushed closer and closer to winding stairs like a rising crimson tide.

Artimus opened this door; he would stand in the breach till his companions were clear.

The line would be drawn here, this far, no further.

Widening his stance Artimus spoke over his shoulder to  Osvald, Kellar and Shorljahl.

"You zhree get yourzelvez upztairs, you are in my way,  I will be up in a moment!"

"Zhere are zome healing draughtz in my zatchel" Take one and a ALLONZY!

Shaking his hip suggestively.

Artimus turned back to the swarm of shambling mushroomed figures.  Dazed and clamouring for flesh.

Breathing in once deeply the mariner summoned his focus. He could feel the rush of hot sanguine and adrenaline, a cocktail that burnt his lungs. His pulse began to race and his skin became alert and sensitive. Like the way lake water must feel as lightning dances across its surface in the spring storms.

In this dark, hopeless night, even these brainless men would know his name.

The mutants continued their push, and the Cormyrian answered their advance with a cut throat,  then a swipe to a hand , and another across the knee and another and another and another. The rapid strikes landed easily as the absent minded men mounted no defence.

His motions were fluid and connected,  as cursive script as it's scrawled onto parchment. Two sweeping slices as an ‘A’, cutting shoulders and faces. Followed quickly by an arcing cut gliding tracing the billowing form of a sail, wide, as an ’R’.  Then a vertical cross flowing into a horizontal slash as ‘T’ Severing one corpse from naval to nose and cutting the throats for 6 others. His blade moved delicately rising narrow circling loop as an ‘I’, a brash encompassing sweep. Continuing as an unbroken line, a waving strike formed , turning his wrist twice formed a crashing breaker as ‘M’. Fluently. He cut a deep trough through thigh and knee as a ‘U’ and a final snake like flourish as a ‘S’ .

He made his mark on the witless procession.

The tide continued to rise, Artimus stepped back and back again not wanting any more wetness in boots.
----------------------
Artimus uses Comyrian Wall of Blades. Expending one swordsman die.
2 remain
1d20

Dmg?


Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Fri May 22, 2015 10:38 pm; edited 7 times in total
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Fri May 22, 2015 12:06 pm

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 8

--------------------------------

#2 'D4' : 3

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Fri May 22, 2015 12:06 pm

Luck reroll 2 remaining
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Fri May 22, 2015 12:06 pm

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D10' : 5

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Fri May 22, 2015 12:07 pm

accidentally rolled d10
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Fri May 22, 2015 12:07 pm

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 4

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Dwan Bolduum on Fri May 22, 2015 6:28 pm

The groans of the undead grow in Dwan's ear, he glances over quickly from the werewolf to see a swarm of the creatures marching their way through the fire, pulling one of the werewolves down.

Kill more dammit, leave less for us.

As the thought leaves his mind Dwan remembers the supernatural speed of the werewolves. Expecting a strike from his foe, Dwan quickly throws a guard up to protect his face. He is slightly surprised to not feel a strike and sees through his paws that the creature is racing up the stairway.

Dwan looks over towards his companions and belts out a loud roar. When they make eye contact Dwan waves a paw towards the stairs and starts to ascend.

Better off fighting these at a choke point, he thinks.

Dwan switches his focus back to the werewolf ahead, I've got him on the run, time to find Custer.

===========================
Dwan makes his way up the stairs and tries to get the attention of the party to have them all move.

Dwan will go up the stairway, hoping to either run into Custer or catch up and finish the werewolf.
avatar
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 224
Join date : 2015-01-29

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
57/57  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Kellar on Sat May 23, 2015 12:44 am

Artimus gave the order to fall back, the undead had already closed in on their position. They had already started clawing at his armor, he shouted out, GET UP THE STAIRS! CUSTER! INCOMING!

Orbaugh... run to Dwan, keep him safe... Master, I- Kellar grabbed Orbaugh with his free hand and hurled him out of harm's way.

Kellar sloshed his way through the water, he watched Artimus retreat up the stairs, the undead still near Kellar as he closed in by the steps. Dwan had made his way up the stairs after the werewolf, Kellar couldn't see Lord Hale but said, One last shot Lord Hale! Aim for the corner where the ceiling and the wall meet!

Kellar neared the stairs and with his last effort, forced his lance into the stone wall, making a stop gap at waist level to slow the undead. Kellar removed his shield and quickly combined lengths of chain, linked his belt and then handed one end to Artimus and said, Pull twice, if you feel a pull of three, that means I'm alive, if you feel anything other than that, leave me. Go. Was the last thing he said as he turned to face the undead as they came closer, he hoped it would be a quick death.

He grabbed the Kraken's Fist and whispered, "Andrianna."

Over here! I am ready for you, he said as he raised his shield and javelin.


Actions: Rolled a lot, missed the DEX save, will receive AoO for moving toward the stairs, most likely killing me, not sure about grapple contests, I have +7 to each roll I had (22, 24, 25, 20). Up to you now Ozzy!


Last edited by Kellar on Sat May 23, 2015 1:09 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
avatar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 485
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Wisconsin

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Sat May 23, 2015 12:44 am

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 7

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 15, 17, 18, 13

--------------------------------

#3 'D20' : 4

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Osvald Hale on Sat May 23, 2015 8:44 am

The bark of Kellars orders barely rises above the shambling moans of the encroaching horde as the blue man tears into the front lines, tossing the abominations like paper dolls about him with abandon. Artimus's blade flickers like a candle flame in the half light, trails of dark ichor blood flick from it's end like paint from a masters brush. Dwan's hulking bestial form lumbers up the stairs, the tower shaking with his might and fury.  Custer kneels, defiant, the die of fate cast in a desperate gambit while Cecil draws deeply from the final inner well of his strength, fuelled by fear, clutching to life by--quite literally--a thread.

...

Cursing, ducking, Osvald moves a few steps back--narrowly dodging clutching claw and gnashing mouth as Artimus and Kellar bravely stride forward to fill the gap. Kicking a shambling horror aside, The huntsman takes up his bow, and nocks another of the concussive arrows. Unconsciously he tests the heavy weight of its payload in a motion practiced a thousand times up and down a thousand miles of the sword coast. Drawing the bow back, feeling the heavy pull, the searing ache from the wound in his arm--The ranger takes aim at the spot Kellar pointed out.

At the meeting point of pillar and ceiling, where the cyclopean stones have sagged slightly from age.

The ranger grins, and whispers a prayer...

The shambling horde descends upon him...

The Arrow Screams Forth.

=====

Rolling arrow with advantage from time bought by Artimus and Kellar--Here goes nothing! 13 + 8 = 21!


DEX + STR checks as requested...

DEX: 4+ 4 = 8 Fail.

STR: All +2 = 14, 6, 22!, and 19.


Last edited by Osvald Hale on Sat May 23, 2015 9:16 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 268
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
41/41  (41/41)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Sat May 23, 2015 8:44 am

The member 'Osvald Hale' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 13, 11

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 4

--------------------------------

#3 'D20' : 12, 4, 20, 17

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Ao on Sun May 24, 2015 7:33 pm

As neither Kellar nor Artimus are retreating, they need not roll the DEX check. Osvald, will, as he looks to get range…

Kellars teeth crack together as the undead tide breaks through their lines, the wet, decomposing bodies clawing at him and bowling him over with their mass.

Rags and rotted flesh beat against your armor with the force of hard bone, and Artimus is staggered backward as he attempts to cleave through the horde with finesse.

But his blade is quickly overcome by the sheer volume of undead - as he spears one through the gut, his sword stays wrenched in the cavity, the ghastly cadaver grabbing his arm and skewering himself further to bare his teeth at the mariner…

[Artimus attack vs. the horde in front of him = Largely ineffective]
[Artimus is bogged down (2)]
(see below for *bogged down)

[…]

Keller fights alongside the mariner, battering them back with his shield and javelin. Blood pours from his open wounds, and his vision begins to blur as the fighting intensifies.

A deep gouge across his eyebrow opens up, nearly blinding him as he hacks at the foul group of shambling undeath…

*CRACK*

A concussive blast showers sediment and stone down upon you, forcing you to shield your eyes as Osvald’s arrow connects with the load bearing pillar.

Stone comes crashing down, ancient and poorly mortared. The stinking swath of undead toward the entrance of the antechamber are immediately showered in heavy blows, skulls cracking like ripe melons beneath the weight.

[The undead are slowed, no additional bogged down status to anyone this turn, thanks to Osvald’s marksmanship]

The horde comes clambering over its dead before, Kellar fortified to turn away their blows…

They collide with his shield, and with renewed vigour he turns them aside. Parrying and pushing, he clears an arc before him, cutting a wide swatch and skewering bloated corpses with each stride...

[Undead vs. Kellar, Miss & Miss & Miss & Hit!]
[5 damage to kellar…Kellar is at -3]

But he falters. The dragoon knows the moment it happens - his spear catches in the ribcage of a gaunt, ghastly woman, snagging his assault for just one moment.

Long enough for a thick limb to come cracking across his helmet, denting it precariously and shredding a third of the visor.

Keller hears his skull crack. And then - feels his armored chest crash into the stone floor…

[…]

Soren watches as Custer tumbles with the urn, snarling and snapping. The were beast stands tall, his silvery mane shimmering in the torchlight as he circles around the hanging body of Thorold.

He jerks quickly, and Custer readies his finger on the trigger…

But the werewolf lands next to the window, his hairy, muscular arm reached out and grabbing at the rope that the thief used to ascend the keep….

…The very rope that Cecil was still desperately clinging to, 50 feet above the undead horde.

Soren’s guttural, gnarled voice gnashes out from between clenched canine teeth.

“Roll the urn over here, halfling. And the young man will live.”

Out of the corner of Custer’s eye, he sees another werewolf ascend the staircase, flanking him. Custer is sure he’s about to pounce, but Soren’s voice echoes out again."

“Junich, stand down. He has the urn. And - by the gods - we’re at the mercy of the undead now, pad foot. Roll the urn to me, and I will escape down the wall. And then you may save both these young boys. Certainly more than a spot of pottery in value, no?”

Soren growls subtly.

“Or, young Cecil will meet the undead at a frightening speed.”

[…]

Artimus sees Kellar disappear amidst the ravening corpses, but he is heavily bogged down in undead…

[Undead vs. Artimus Hit & Miss & Hit & Miss]
[7 Damage to Artimus]

Scrapes and bites tear into the mariner’s arm as he seeks purchase, turning away as many mad, ravening faces as he can. But it seems to him…that they are nigh endless…

[Undead vs. Osvald; Hit & Miss & Hit & Miss]
[6 Damage to Osvald]

Meanwhile, the Ranger feels a deep gash register across his back, as two hulking zombies crash into him…

Osvald is grabbed tightly by the bony, animate arms. They tear at his clothing, bruising his muscles instantly…

[2 Undead grapple vs. Osvald]
[7 vs. 14 = Osvald Success!]
[15 vs. 6 = Osvald FAIL]

He flails away from one, rolling across the gritty stone floor. And then, a crushing weight lands upon his chest, and he comes eyeball to eyeball with a maggot-eaten face that leers right into him.

Tiny, squirming worms fall upon his skin as the flesh-torn farmer opens his maw, ready to feast upon the grappled ranger’s living flesh…

[…]

Shorjahl watches as the scene unfolds, terror gripping his heart. His messy hair falls in his face, the cantrips that he fires landing wayward, causing casualties of little consequence.

He sees Kellar fall, undead swarming over him. And then, Osvald comes crashing to the earth not 5 feet away, a hulking zombie pinning him to the floor.

Somewhere, Artimus fights valiantly amidst the chaos. But he cannot hope to hold them all.

The mage touches his fingers together, fire igniting as his bracer chimes, and chimes, and chimes.

ding….diNG…..DING….DING DING DING DING DING

A ghostly light illuminates the antechamber, casting a glow upon the endless sea of diseased flesh that shambles over debris and fallen corpses.

Slowly, fire begins to consume his flesh. He feels it burn hot - for the first time.

Orbaugh watches in horror at the scene, and suddenly quivers at the flaming white sorcerer.

Shorjahl leaps towards Kellar, a brilliant flame searing the unholy flesh of the undead.

===========================

Bogged Down: If you are bogged down, the # in parentheses is the number of enemies that need to be killed in your vicinity before you can move at all. Artimus, in this turn, you must kill (2), or else you’ll be unable to take your move action.

Kellar, you’re down for the count.

As Shorjahl tears towards the fallen dragoon, he drives back the undead with the fury of his fire. Mechanically, I’m giving Kellar a one-turn grace period for someone to stabilize him, or get him the hell out of there.

Shorjahl’s gambit will only last this turn, repelling the undead perhaps 10 feet from Kellar.

Osvald, you’re pinned under an enormous undead. You’ll need to make a STR check of … anything higher than a ’10’ in an opposed STR check to escape.

Dwan, you’re coming up the stairs, or you can turn tail and help your fellows below.

Custer, you’re circling around the hanging thorold. The distance you put between yourself and Soren (lets say, 15 feet) puts him at the window, with his claws around the rope that holds Cecil.

The other werewolf is flanking you, 10 feet away

Your move, fellows!

EXP: +20
avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Kellar on Sun May 24, 2015 7:59 pm

Kellar feels the blows land upon his helmet, clouding his vision. He pushed against the undead blindly, but it was no use. He planted the javelin in pile of bodies in front of him as he fell into darkness.

You end... is here.

I'm not ready to leave them. Leave her.

Ulhar sees your future. It ends here.

Ulhar?

You're broken, Kellar. Ulhar's essence. Wasted.

You gave me nothing. I wasted nothing!

Your gifts, courage, leaping, strength. Those came from Ulhar.

I...

Ulhar will retrieve your broken body.

I can't leave!

Actions

Death Roll= 19; 1 Success! 


Last edited by Kellar on Sun May 24, 2015 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
avatar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 485
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Wisconsin

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Sun May 24, 2015 7:59 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 19

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Osvald Hale on Mon May 25, 2015 11:06 am

The ranger is dragged down, the massive undead gnashing it's rotten mouth inches from his face.

He tries to call out, chest crushed by the weight, foul earth and worms dropping into his face.

He struggles, boots kicking, digging his elbows in... But he finds no solid purchase in the muck. Blood seeping from his back is churning with the debris into a thick black mud.

It takes all his strength to hold off the massive corpse. Locking his good forearm under the abominations chin, he goes for his knife with his wounded arm--pain shooting into his shoulder and spine.

The undeads hand clamps onto Osvalds face, crushing his head into the ground...

Osvalds searching hand finds the hilt at his belt, the worn leather grip is slick with blood. The undeads mouth drooping open utters a ghastly moaning. It is so close the huntsman can feel the damp cold of its inanimate flesh on his face...

He draws his blade, struggling with his body pinned by the titanic weight and unnatural strength of the monster. He feels his body sinking into the ground, his own struggling craving out a shallow depression in the muck. A nightmarish vision of his own undeath creeps into Osvalds mind...

The iron grip of the dead tightens on his face, threatening to crush the bones of his brow and cheek...

But the ranger grits his teeth, body shaking with titanic effort. Veins bulge in his throat, blood vessels bursting in his eye. He curls the knife up... And...

(Str Check: 13 + 2 = 15)

The Blade bites deep into the armpit joint of the creature, black slime and unearthly smells issue forth from the wound and Osvald saws the blade back and forth, Severing rotted flesh and tendon.

The undead creature, unfazed or uncaring inches closer to the rangers face until...

With a satisfying pop! the weight of the creature it too much for the separating shoulder joint to bear. The arm comes free with a slurp and a splash of dark fluids, and the creature falters--unbalanced and falling to it's left.

Osvald seizes the moment and plunges the dagger into the base of it's flabby neck. It glides into the weak flesh easily, the tip of his dagger strikes bone within, glancing off the spine. The creature shudders, and Osvald rolls away.

Looking up through strands of filthy hair, His face bruised with the silhouette of a massive hand, Osvald struggles up and rushes to Kellars side, dragging him a few feet from the encroaching horde by his ankles before rolling the dragoon over.

The colour drains from his face when he sees the crushing blow dealt to Kellars head bathed in the ethereal light of Shorjahls flames.

Falling to a knee he yells into the blue mans Face.

"Kellar! Hells, we both know you're too damn stubborn to die. Now! Get! Up!"

The ranger lays a hand on the warriors exposed neck, closes his eyes and begins to say the words, the old prayers...

.....

Framed by fire in the shadows of death, the band of adventurers rage on against the tide, as fate descends like a cold night.


=====

Going to try and saw it apart from the armpit joint to create an opening, and roll free... Success!

Took a few liberties with my actions this round Ao, hope thats alright.


Last edited by Osvald Hale on Mon May 25, 2015 11:32 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 268
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
41/41  (41/41)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Mon May 25, 2015 11:06 am

The member 'Osvald Hale' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 13

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Custer Thickett on Mon May 25, 2015 4:56 pm

Cuss rises from his crouch, leaving the Urn on the floor.  He replaces his hand with his right foot, balancing it above the vessel.  Cuss says, "Aye, me thinks as a Harper ya didn't do much gambling, no?  Me bets on ya caring more for this Urn than I care about the boy." Cuss leans forward, bringing more weight over the Urn to emphasize his threat.  "Ya gonna pull em up, then this one goes out the window ahead of ya, yeah?"  Cuss uses the sight of his one crossbow to motion the other wolf to the window.

[Rolling persuasion +8]
16

Whether or not they do as he request, Cuss will continue to run his mouth.  "Ya brother deserves revenge, Sorren.  But torturing and killing spoiled brats and bastards that had nothing to do with his death is too far a fall, no?"

========

Double down.

Readied action:  If either of them lunge at me to attack, or Sorren cuts Cecil's rope, then Cuss tries to use his foot to lob the Urn out of the window.  [Acrobatics +3]
9


Last edited by Custer Thickett on Mon May 25, 2015 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Mon May 25, 2015 4:56 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 8

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 6

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Dwan Bolduum on Tue May 26, 2015 8:05 am

Hearing an explosion and a rush of flame, Dwan can only hope that his four companions are able to hold back the undead horde.  Selune, protect your champions in their time of need.

Upon reaching landing at the top of the stairs Dwan sees a dark shape dart into one of the rooms to his side. Dwan's ears perk at the sound of a guttural voice conversing with a small familiar voice.  Custer! We may just have a chance yet.

Dwan moves to the doorway, and takes in the scene in front of him. A greying werewolf with claws extended towards a rope, a young man near the brink of death, Custer with crossbows at the ready, and Junich flanking the halfling. Dwan extends a single paw into the room.

Dwan raises to his hind legs and lets out a low growl,  natural menacing one at first, but slowly a rhythm and nearly musical tonality can be heard. As the rhythm grows more prominent, Dwan's hulking size shrinks and his thick fur falls off of his body in clumps, gathering at his feet moments before turning into a dust like substance. As the transformation completes, the rhythmic growl has changed into the primal language of the Druids, one that Custer should should recognize. The fur of the extended paw slides away to the ground revealing Dwan's scepter pointed right at Sorren.

A beam of pale light shines down on Sorren, the intensity of the beam causing visible discomfort.  
Show your true form.

==============================
Dwan follows Junich into the room.
Dwan changes back to Dwarf form.
Dwan casts moonbeam on Sorren.  Sorren will have to make a DC 13 constitution save or take 10 damage.  Because he is a shape changer he will be rolling at a disadvantage, and if he fails he must revert back to human form and cannot change until he is out of the beam.
1+9 = 10


Last edited by Dwan Bolduum on Tue May 26, 2015 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updating with damage)
avatar
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 224
Join date : 2015-01-29

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
57/57  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Tue May 26, 2015 8:05 am

The member 'Dwan Bolduum' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D10' : 1, 9

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Tue May 26, 2015 11:05 am

Artimus Jerked his blade from its catch, deep in the chest cavity of one of the rural dripping undead.
As he freed it from its quarry, a blast of heat and light set him onto his heals and back onto the round of his rump.

Artimus in his desperation to fight back the horde, had only unconsciously registered the delicate and rising ping of the Mage's Bracer.

Shorjahl radiated with a brilliantly, expelling streaking fire and retribution. Like a rogue comet raging slowly as a Juggernaught across the Starry night sky. The Kind that would "Shine even through the blackest night." This Mage did not shine; He smoldered, too brightly to last much longer.

The Mariner caught himself on the cobbled floor palms down, scampering back to his feet he reengaged the wall of undead and joined  Shorjahl’s onslaught.

Artimus rains another flurry of blows.

*Cormyrian shield wall* 17 ! hit

"I stand here now and now and now many times, this view, this hard stone.

This is where I always choose to stand. I put my feet where I put my feet before and where I will again and I look to the sea.

Great things moving, rendered small with distance of time , lesser things moving, watching me.

I always stand here, resolute. Then fall back to that point, there, where everything shatters…

The silent avalanche begins. Rock and dust. Falling chaos. Men, Demons, as a rule, love chaos.

Our enemies outflank us from below, above, left, right, before, beyond. The Moon Maiden, everything- shattering.

There are always the dead. Their names shift.

Sometimes I think I see myself among the dead. I look among them for my own face **Perception**

But I am resolute. "

---------------------------------
Cormyrian shield wall 4d4
1d20 to hit 12 +5 = 17 Hit
2+5=7 Miss
9+5=14 ?
2+5=7 Miss
7+5=12 ?
7+5=12 ?
Perception Nat 1


========
if there is time for this,  else  push it to next round
========
Artimus scuttled on all fours to the dou, Osvald shook the hulking man violently, urging him back.


Pulling himsself along side them, taking in the full extend of the crippling blow that dented the fierce man' facemask Artimus could scarcely breathe. He knew what this kind of mauling could mean.

Artimus Pull from has pack two healing daughts, forcing one into the Hand of the Ranger,Exchanging a momentarly glance of insistance. He practically fed the powerful remedy to Osvald

**Artimus Feeds Ovlad healing potion**

Gripping the other he pulled the stopper and grimaced,

"'Old on yuu ztuborn louwt, zee fight iz not ovar, not fowr you"

lifting back the badly damaged head piece, and broken teeth and a sickening blugeoned face He poured the thick mixture slowly.

**Artimus Feeds Kellar healing potion**

Seeing a small flicker of life spark back into Kellar, Artimus looked to Osvald to help him heave Kellar to his feat guide him upstairs away from the sea of undead.

Artimus shot a glance over his shoulder, taking a last look at Shorjahl.


Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Tue May 26, 2015 10:11 pm; edited 8 times in total
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Tue May 26, 2015 11:05 am

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 12, 1

--------------------------------

#2 'D4' : 3, 2, 4, 3

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Ao on Tue May 26, 2015 11:10 pm

Hot flame circles around Shorjahl as the mage stands, the tide of undeath cauterized in his midst.

On the ground, Artimus and Osvald huddle over Kellar, the mariner pouring the life-giving serum into his mouth...

The fire flickers, smoke billowing from Shorjahls robes. In that very second, the undead poured over their front ranks, clambering towards them as if the hundred smoking bodies beneath their own charred limbs had never been displaced.

The mage spit blood, once again re-igniting the flame as his skin crackles and blisters. He screams in pain, Kellars eyes rolling open in a blur of hazy vision.

Shorjahls flames stop once more, the reeking undead hissing and lunging for the burning man. He convulses, thick foam pouring from his mouth. His robes are torn, his beard singed from his face. The skin beneath his cheeks is burned and pink, his eyelids quivering.

And then the flames again. Brilliant, luminescent. Sending the more undead to a searing death.

Shorjahl stands alight. And you know it will be the last time.

[...]

Dwan stands defiant in the doorway, watching. Watching the half-dead youth staring, wide-eyed, as his bearish form evaporates into a bristled, hard-nosed dwarf.

And then, in one brilliant flash, the moon beams down around Soren.

In an instant, his claws and fur melt away, revealing pink human flesh beneath. He stands there, incredulous, naked.

Junich snarls, his muscles bristling. The rope slackens in Sorens hand, and he instantly realizes his disadvantageous position.

====================

Ok guys - Those of you downstairs. Shorjahl has bought you a second to retreat. If you wish to do so, let me know your process.

Upstairs - you guys have a round, due to custers awesome bargaining skills and Dwan's killer moonbeam.

Go.

Exp:+20
avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Dwan Bolduum on Wed May 27, 2015 7:40 am

Relief quickly passes through Dwan's face as Sorren reverts back to his human form.  The rope safely attached to the wall and there is no immediate threat for it being severed at the moment.

Custer, keep your weapons aimed at Sorren. If you even think he is changing back to a werewolf, punch those bolts into him and send him to the undead below.

Dwan swipes his scepter away from Sorren and the beam of light shifts from Sorren and centers on Junich causing beast to cry out, the cry almost instantaneously turning into a yell as Junich's fur and claws melt away to leave him standing bare in the center of the room.
**Junich Con roll: Fail**

=======================================
Dwan moves the moonbeam to Junich. Junich rolls with a disadvantage and rolled a natural 5. (Needs to beat a 13 so I think its a safe bet to assume he can't save with his modifier. Let me know if I need to change this Ao)

Dwan advises Custer to focus on Sorren and make sure he doesn't do anything fishy.


Last edited by Dwan Bolduum on Wed May 27, 2015 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 224
Join date : 2015-01-29

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
57/57  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Wed May 27, 2015 7:40 am

The member 'Dwan Bolduum' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 18, 5

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Custer Thickett on Wed May 27, 2015 1:51 pm

Custer's tense pose leads him to jumping back slightly as the bear roars into the room.  His surprise hardly subsides as the bear melts into a screaming Dwarf, calling forth a beam of moonlight to scald Sorren's form back to human flesh in an instant.  "Slap me head and call me silly, ya done jerked em bald!"

Cuss quickly bends down and retrieves the Urn from the floor in front of him, rolling it down his sleeve as he rises, slipping it beneath the folds of his cloak to find a secret place to hide among his pockets, pouches, and belts.

[Rolling Sleight of Hand +6]
13

As Cuss brings the Urn to a rest, he smiles at Sorren, then his eyes dart to the open door.  He absorbs the sounds and smells coming from the stairs.  Groaning, hissing, crackling flames, muffled screams, the breaking of old bones, and above all, the high-pitched and painful chime of Shorjahl's bracer.  

Cuss looks back to Sorren as Dwan instructs him to cover the man with his one loaded hand crossbow.  Cuss levels the sight to aim at the man's center, then he says, "Ya hear em, no?  Ya've seen em out there, yeah?  Something worse an death is coming for us both, Broken Harp.  Me thinks the only way we get to settle our business is ta get out of this alive, no?  Pull the boy up!"

[Persuasion +8]
27

Readied Action: Firing at Sorren if he changes back to Wolf.
[Rolling Attack, Hand Crossbow +7]
15

=====================

Cuss is trying to force Sorren's surrender, because he wants to take the man back to the Harpers alive in chains.  He will fire at Sorren if he changes, as Dwan instructed.


Last edited by Custer Thickett on Wed May 27, 2015 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Wed May 27, 2015 1:51 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 7

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 19

--------------------------------

#3 'D20' : 8

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Kellar on Wed May 27, 2015 4:15 pm

Who is coming to collect me?

It is of no consequence. Try again, Kellar. lleisgar! (Rise!)

Kellar's body fell in the darkness and splashed into liquid. It consumed him, and filled his lungs. He felt the cold blue color fill his body.

His eyes snapped open, his vision half blocked by his visor and blood. He saw Artimus standing over him. He coughed and rolled to his side as the potion left his lungs back into his mouth.

I know this taste... a healer's draught.

Orbaugh, Master is still here. I need your eyes once again. Kellar heard an audible screech from above his position and the clack of tiny claws against stone.

So I'm not dead, he said. He removed his broken helmet and dropped it down the stairs. He grabbed the lengths of chain and re-secured them in his pouch. Orbaugh jumped on his shoulder and nuzzled his face briefly.

I'm in your debt, Artimus. Let's get up the stairs. Hale, true shot saved me, I'd be in their bellies otherwise, he said as he drew his axe and tapped his shield twice.

Potion roll= 4+2= 6; new HP= 3


Last edited by Kellar on Wed May 27, 2015 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
avatar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 485
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Wisconsin

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Wed May 27, 2015 4:15 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D4' : 1, 3

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Wed May 27, 2015 9:34 pm

Artimus smiled as the light in Kellar's docile eyes glimmered, signalling his return to this plane.

"Accueillir à nouveau mon ami" (Welcome back my friend) Artimus Whispered, exchanging a relieved glance with Osvald, the dire situation leaving his mind for a feelting moment.

Artimus nodded to Kellar's thanks, extending a gloved hand he heaved the winged Dragoon to his feet.

"A cœur vaillant rien impossible", Artimus replied

(To a valiant heart nothing is impossible)

"it'z time we have made our exunt. non? Shorjahl.... he iz beyond our help. We move. Now"

Artimus took the lead striding up the stairs ahead of his war-marked brethren, Kellar's bluish blood marking Artimus and Osvald's hand's

Climbing the reach skipping every second stair he turned to osvald as they made their ascent.

"You War like a lone wolf in the frigid north, let uz hope I never prompt you to anger Mon Ami."

Artimus reached the second story.

He drank in the room,  Dwan, as himself again, bestial wrath subsided, A naked man by the window,  Soren he assumed, and one of the flanking werewolves, also returned to a pinkish fleshy man.

"ZOREN!" Artimus barked through gritted teeth.

I zee your thirzt for power iz everyzthing zhey whizpur it iz.

You've followed zhiz pazzion blindly and found, as many before you have,  who've luzted after zomezthing unearned, a fezturing dizeaze.

"I have your cure at my zide. Come and take your medicine."

Artimus goaded, bouncing lightly on his toes tickling the air with his blade.

"My Lady of the Moon favourz the purging of your kind above all others."

(http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/archive/index.php/t-31021.html)

"Zhall we curry me zome favour tonight?"

Intimidate 5+6 =11


Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Wed May 27, 2015 9:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Wed May 27, 2015 9:34 pm

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 6

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Osvald Hale on Wed May 27, 2015 10:01 pm

Osvald breathes a heavily sigh of relief as Kellar comes shuddering back to the realm of the living, coughing on the draught from Artimus. The ranger downs his own in a few gulps, struggling to swallow with his bruised face.

(Consume Potion)

As he and the Mariner take up Kellar, a blinding, purging light emanates from Shorjahl--his form entirely eclipsed within the inferno. Osvald calls out for his friend, but his voice is lost... a feeble cry, drowned by the throaty drums of war.

...

Supporting Kellar on a shoulder each, the three fighters struggle up the winding stair, as they climb the ranger speaks:

"Kell--I need to patch you up. You've used up your dying privileges for the night, I'm afraid." He says with a weak grin. "Now hold still a moment. I'm no cleric, and ye might scar, hell, get lucky you might look as pretty as me." Osvald then finishes his quiet prayer, opening his spirit as a conduit for the old powers of the ancient earth to do their work for the warrior.

(Cast Heal Wounds on Kellar)

As Kellars brow knits back together, the Ranger looks noticeably worn down. "Now stay out of trouble, or at least keep yourself between trouble and me--I'm just about spent. Now, Let's go kill these damn bastards so I can have a drink and a nap."

...

At they near top of the stair, Osvald again draws his bow, and enters the room with arrow nocked... Training it's deadly cargo directly on the heart of Soren... But his ears are perked back down the stairs, trying to discern Shorjahls fate, and the approach of the undead.

=====

Drinking potion from Artimus, casting Cure Wounds on Kellar. Perception on the events downstairs.

4+1+2 = 7 Hp grain on self, 4+2= 6 HP regain for Kellar, 15+2 = 17 Perception Check.

Will absolutely shoot an arrow into Soren if he starts to change forms.


Last edited by Osvald Hale on Wed May 27, 2015 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 268
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
41/41  (41/41)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Wed May 27, 2015 10:01 pm

The member 'Osvald Hale' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D4' : 4, 1

--------------------------------

#2 'D8' : 4

--------------------------------

#3 'D20' : 15

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Kellar on Wed May 27, 2015 10:05 pm

Kellar felt his wounds closing slightly, but there was a dull ringing in his head. He followed Artimus up the stairs and muttered, si mi lleisgartor. (Translation: I am Risen.) Kellar followed Artimus up to the second floor, ready as he could be for what he faced next.

Osvald, when we get back to Artimus's ship, I'll make some more arrows for you, those are very handy, he said to the ranger.

Osvald and Kellar paused a moment and the ranger said a prayer and Kellar felt the wounds closing even further. He felt the blue tint draw from his left eye and his vision and returned to normal. A mixture under Kellar's skin like milk being diluted in water washed together and began closing the wound on his head. Scars are fine, they're stories to tell to people that take an interest in you anyway, he said.

Actions:

HP recovered: 6+3= 9 HP currently.


Last edited by Kellar on Wed May 27, 2015 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : actionz)
avatar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 485
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Wisconsin

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Ao on Wed May 27, 2015 10:10 pm

Shorjahl stands tall, his skin smoking in defiance of the undead horde. Blood begins to pool beneath his eyes, the bracer chiming rapidly like a spinning weathervane.

Fire shoots from his fingers, immolating the room, now at random, as Osvald and Artimus drag Kellar to his feet and leap towards the stairs.

You shoulder past Kellar’s lance, wedged in the doorway, ducking underneath it. And as your eyes turn back toward Shorjahl, you witness the last ounce of power leave him.

The fire dissipates, the mage wavering for a second as a filthy, shambling woman leaps upon him, securing her jaw to his face as the others tear him down to the floor…

[…]

Soren stares blankly, his naked, hirsute form betraying a quivering, furious vulnerability.

Dwan’s moonlight illuminates Junich, and in the flash of a moment he reverts back to his true form - a red-haired northerner.

The two of them stand uneasily, as the fellowship filters in to the room - Osvald, with an arrow nocked. Artimus, his sword drawn. And Kellar, hobbling as his limbs claim life once again.

“I see we are….outnumbered.” mutters Soren quietly, not making any move toward pulling up Cecil.

From the bottom floor, and in the stairwell, you can hear the groaning of undead beyond as they draw upward toward you.

Soren laughs.

“Ha! And very well. We surrender, fellows! And what will you do? Bind us, and lead us out of here? We’ll all be food for the worms, and worse, in moments. No - I’ve a far greater idea. Let us all live…no?”

His dark hair falls into his face, as a brutish smile twists across scarred lips.

"You cannot possibly hope to draw off the horde of undeath below us. And so, we will all die. But - give me the urn. And Junich and I will descend first…past the precious boy below. We will shift, and draw the undead into the woods so that you might escape with you lives. Only give me the urn, and we will all survive this ordeal?”

He holds his hands out, the moans increasing in volume from beyond the door…

==========

EXP: +20 each
avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Osvald Hale on Thu May 28, 2015 10:53 am

The rangers expression grows increasingly dour as Soren speaks... Too much had been sacrificed already. No deal would be struck between him and this man. The moaning from the stairs grows louder.

(Perception on moaning: 2 + 2 = 4 Fail)

The moaning echoing up the stair was becoming too discordant to determine how much they could stall this situation out. They had to act now, or die.
'No time...'

Osvalds voice cuts into the room, churlish and curt: 'Bah. Sod this."

He turns on his heel, and lets his arrow loose. It screams into Junichs neck and the man drops to the floor, Gurgling.

"Now, Soren is it?" He nocks another arrow in a flash and trains it on the naked man. "Here's our counter offer: Shut up, get on the floor and allow yourself to be restrained without complaint, or I put this one in your gut and we toss you down the stairs."

=====

Okay, Osvald is hurting and figures theres no time to mess around.

19+8=27 Hit on Junich, 3+5+3+4= 15 Dmg, enough to drop him. (Ao said he was now at 1/2 (12) HP in human form.)

Rolled Intimidation with advantage from tagging Junich like that, but only rolled 4 - 1 = 3 so nada.


Last edited by Osvald Hale on Thu May 28, 2015 11:17 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 268
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
41/41  (41/41)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Thu May 28, 2015 10:53 am

The member 'Osvald Hale' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 2

--------------------------------

#2 'D8' : 3, 5

--------------------------------

#3 'D6' : 3

--------------------------------

#4 'D20' : 4, 3

--------------------------------

#5 'D20' : 19

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Thu May 28, 2015 11:07 am

I was tenser than I let on. A mass of ropey sinew climbing up my back, high up into my neck. Sweat teamed down where the muscle rose, like dew down a gnarled tree trunk. My eyes were locked with this now-man-once-wolf. He was hiding his fear too; I could see it on his face. A Cool facade forced over a rising panic.
*Perception Listened for noise from downstairs* 2+3=5

Shorjhal, I couldn't push him out of my mind, not just his fate. He'd called me a simple fool once. He didn't mean it, I'd been called worse, and they'd meant it... The Mage suffered.

From time to time I caught his gaze lingering on me as we sailed the Sea of the Fallen Stars., He could see something about me that the others didn't or couldn't. He could see the misalignment of my soul as it dipped in and out of this plane. Like a thread plunging beneath fabric as it was stitched.. At the time I didn't know how he'd seen the jagged edges where Selune had pieced me back to together, the creases where my body broke. Looking back—taking in the arm's length at which he kept the others—I guess I should've known, or at least suspected, He suffered too much for a man to bare . Watching his struggle with that dark tome, with Barojhan, it was clear, he had broken too.
After all his loss.  
I hoped he welcomed the end.
I hope he found peace.


Soren and the beast within stood waited our response as Death marching on from below.

“Hmmm you might be right Soren,  it might mean our deathz zhould we not take your 'Very Kind' offer”.

“But alaz, we have alwayz been the ztubborn kind.”  

He said gripping the manacles at the center of the iron chains that binded to two cuffs.

Artimus paced toward Soren slowly, ready to pounce should the man make a move. He tossed the shackles to Custer as he closed, the Halfling’s nimble hands would have a better time than his. Also the action freed Artimus; hands for a lunging bear hug in an attempt to restrain the lithe unstranmuted Wolfman.

Artimus heard Osvald speak and loose and arrow,  his slow movement shifted into swift action.

As he moved in Artimus heard the wet *Thumbp* of a arrow flying true, meeting flesh and a gasp of the creature to his right sputter.

==============
Perception listening downstairs 2
Artimus offers to hand off manacles to Cuss
Artimus Bear hugs Soren  11+5=16


Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Thu May 28, 2015 11:56 am; edited 4 times in total
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Thu May 28, 2015 11:07 am

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 2, 11

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Custer Thickett on Thu May 28, 2015 2:18 pm

Cuss looked at each of his friends standing around the room, confident that if Sorren or the other moved to attack, he would see fair warning in the eyes of his allies.  They were a rough lot, some injured and all worn.  Kellar was the worst, barely standing and covered in fluids of several colors.  Orbaugh's eyes were heavy with concern, moist with little dragon tears.  Perhaps he literally shared the pain of his master.  Osvald also looked to be injured, but the fury shining bright in his eyes distracted Cuss from determining how bad those wounds may be.  

For a brief moment, Cuss felt the weight of his worries lift, as he knew he'd be okay among his friends.  But as he assessed them, he realized one was not among them.  He was still below, and those that were here with him seemed unconcerned.  Cuss looked to the door, but found only the sounds of undeath consuming flesh and climbing the stairs for more.  The weight returning to him was crushing.  It was all consuming.  "Where's..."  his arms fell slowly to his sides, "where's..."

Agata whispered to him, "He's gone."

Cuss's eyes narrowed.  He stared at Sorren through the slits.  He took Artimus's shackles in his free left hand, followed him to where he attempts to tackle Sorren, and swings them hard against the former Harper's head.  

[Melee with improvised weapon, -1, with advantage if Artimus is able to restrain him first.]
17 first roll, yeay!

"Bad Dog!  You do as we say!  Bad Dog!"

==========

Custer will continue trying to beat Sorren until he fully surrenders, is knocked out, or submits to Artimus's grip long enough for Cuss to shackle his arms and ankles.  

==========


Last edited by Custer Thickett on Thu May 28, 2015 2:26 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : grammars)
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Thu May 28, 2015 2:18 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 18, 12

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Kellar on Thu May 28, 2015 9:56 pm

Kellar watches the arrow sink into Junich and watches him gasp at air and grab at the arrow in his chest. He approached the dying man and grabbed him by the neck, he raised him up so he dangled in the air slightly. Kellar grunted as he dragged the man toward the steps and muttered, Sauriv ihk vin sauriv. (Translation: Eye for an eye.)

Kellar threw the man down the stairs as far as he could, listening for the dull frenzy grow at what he thought was the undead's excitement at fresh meat.

These words coming from me, it's Draconic... more than normal, is this Ulhar's doing or mine own?

Lord Hale, help me put more things down the stairwell, we have to slow this red tide, he said.

Whatever we're going to do, we better do it fast, we don't have much time, he said.

Actions:

Kellar will begin throwing whatever he can down the stairwell to slow the advance of the undead.
avatar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 485
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Wisconsin

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum