Chapter Three

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Ao on Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:04 am

The thunderous wave ripples through the clearing, drawing up mud and sludge from the earth and hurling it at the oncoming horde.

[CON save (horde)]

The shambling monstrosities are caught in the blast, the shockwave tossing them through the air in a fleshy rain, the front ranks of the horde impaled upon the trees overhead, as their rot and fungus lands in enormous clumps on the wet earth.

Kellar’s spear impales a fish-warrior, hoisting it into the air and dropping it unceremoniously into the mud.

The remaining scaled creature hisses fervently, throwing a javelin at Custer as it charges after you…

[javelin vs. Custer (miss)]

The projectile sails through the air, embedding in the earth beside the halfling. Looking up, Custer can see the horde has already regrouped, as more shambling men and women come clawing over the pile towards you, their mouths agape.

Wet saliva glistens on their rotted lips.

====================

Ok guys

You either confront the horde, or turn tail and run. Everybody needs to make an athletics check just in case, and then what the majority decides is what will happen.

If you stay, there’s the last fish warrior to deal with, along with the horde.

Any PC’s that are engaged with the horde can expect to face 3 attacks per round, minus your # of kills for the round (remember, AC 12, 1 HP), from the rotting zombies around you.

So, please indicate clearly if you intend on holding your ground or running. We’ll go with the majority. Make an athletics check anyhow

EXP: +20
avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Custer Thickett on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:38 pm

Custer flicks his wrist as he pivots around the javelin, trying to slide free a dagger into his palm to throw.

[Sleight of Hand to get blade in hand while on the move +6]
21

If he is able to arm himself with the blade, he throws it at the fishman as he fades backwards two steps...

[Thrown Dagger +6, Advantage]
25

then plants a foot and pivots back to flee away from the wave of undead farmers.  

[Cunning Action Dash, Athletics -1]
3

=======
Using Cunning Action to Dash rather than double move.
Reaction: Uncanny Dodge.


Last edited by Custer Thickett on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:38 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 1

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 19, 19

--------------------------------

#3 'D20' : 4

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Custer Thickett on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:38 pm

Halfling's Luck, rerolling 1
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:38 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 15

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Dwan Bolduum on Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:31 pm

With a soft ringing still echoing in Dwan's ears, Dwan looks around and sees a mass of limbs and body parts surrounding him. A shift of movement to  Dwan's peripherals reveals that Custer's dagger has taken the last fish man down.  As he looks over he sees that the group appears to be making a tactical retreat.

Lets get some range on these things and take them down.  he cries as he rushes to join his allies.

**Athletics**
6+1 =7


==============================

Dwan takes advantage of the relatively open field and will make a double move to join up with his allies.


Last edited by Dwan Bolduum on Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 224
Join date : 2015-01-29

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
57/57  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:31 pm

The member 'Dwan Bolduum' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 6

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Kellar on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:02 pm

Kellar stowed his lance and picked up Orbaugh from the soft ground and perched him on his shoulder as he began to pick up his pace. He bounded five and ten feet at a time to gain distance between himself and the undead mob. Cecil, look around, can you get any bearings on where we need to go? We don't know how far this is spread, he said as he bound past the frightened boy. Orbaugh, keep an eye out, make sure there is anything closing in on us. I watch, Master! I hungry.

Orbaugh- Perception Roll= 11 +4= 15; Success?
Kellar- Athletics Roll=12 +7= 19; Success!

Kellar easily closed the distance between himself and the others that had left in retreat. His adrenaline still going, he surged forward, while borrowing images from Orbaugh's eyes to guide his bounding steps. So much... iejir mefawg (blood loss) a distant voice said in Kellar's mind. What, he questioned aloud to himself as they moved foward.


Last edited by Kellar on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
avatar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 485
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Wisconsin

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:02 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 12

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 3, 11

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Ao on Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:01 pm

Branches slap through your face as the fellowship takes off into the woods, Cecil running frantically before you.

Your boots clatter over uneven, rocky ground, and slosh through muddy ponds and pools.

A haunting, ghastly parade of ghoulish screams echoes out from behind you in the dark wood.

The moonlight barely visible through the trees, only Artimus' torchlight guides you through the gnarled landscape.

[fish-man missed kellar]

You're running fast - so fast that the trees blur past in a hazy, nauseating way. You emerge beside a fast-moving river, that winds thorough the forest like a great rippling snake.

Suddenly, Orbaugh chitters in Kellars mind;

[[Master!!! Up ahead!!!]] screeches the pseudo dragon in terror.

Indeed, from out of the day dense shrubbery 100 feet ahead you can see lumbering corpses walking toward you; filtering out into your path.

All around, the sound of ghoulish gnashing reaches your ears. The treeline seems to writhe with horror upon horror, the beasts gnawing on their lips and moving forward with surprising speed and conviction.

Cecil screeches again, sensing that his exits are beginning to diminish in this dark tomb.

=================

Ok guys, luckily Orbaugh spotted the shambling mass ahead of you, coming from out of the thicket.

You have a river on your right, trees to your
Left, zombies up ahead, and zombies coming from behind

The zombies have caught up to you due to your athletics checks. Only orbaughs perception stopped you from walking totally into them.

The trees to your left are pestilent, grey, and close to one another. And the forest seems to be alive with the shambling fungus creatures. If you go that way, I need athletics checks again.

The fast moving stream presents an interesting opportunity. Too deep to walk through, but if you're not in plate then you can swim down it or across it.

Also, you can confront the zombies head on if you like.

Exp+20
avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Dwan Bolduum on Mon May 04, 2015 8:23 am

Rushing through the forest Dwan takes note of the subtle landmarks they pass: a fallen tree, a bed of dead moss with several crimson fungi scattered about, some old deer rub on a tree. A shout from Kellar broke his focus in time to see another group of the shambling men in front of him.

There's a lot of them, boys. I'm not sure we can take them. I'd rather not get surrounded in the forest. We should get across the river, these things look like they'll get swept away.

(OOC: I don't recall if Kellar wears plate or not, but Dwan would know this. so this is going to go one of two ways)

If Kellar wears Plate:

Dwan grabs a length of rope (50ft) from his backpack and starts tying securely around Kellar.

Artimus, help me get this secured around him. Your armor is going to weigh you down. I've seen you do some pretty impressive moves in the air, so try to jump as far as you can towards the other side. We'll need to pull you the rest of the way.

Dwan eyes the river to see if the rope will get him across to dry land. If it doesn't Dwan will urge either Kellar or Artimus for some rope, and tying the two together to make the distance.

Dwan nods towards Artimus in thanks and rushes with his end of the rope into the river. Once across, Dwan will secure his footing and wait for Artimus to help tow Kellar to shore.

If Kellar does not wear plate:

Dwan quickly secures his weapons and backpack and rushes into the flowing river. The cool water tries to push Dwan below the surface. Dwan swims at a diagonal against the current towards the other side and finds that he has not drifted too far down from where he left on the other side of the river. Once Dwan is on the other side he will drop his pack and shield on the land and will rush over towards the edge of the river to help any of his allies up on to dry land.
avatar
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 224
Join date : 2015-01-29

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
57/57  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Kellar on Mon May 04, 2015 10:15 am

Kellar calls out, Up ahead, more of them!

There's a lot of them, boys. I'm not sure we can take them. I'd rather not get surrounded in the forest. We should get across the river, these things look like they'll get swept away.

Agreed, I've only got chainmail, most of the weight in the harness and belt, otherwise still can move just fine, he said to the earthy Dwarf. Kellar watches Dwan take off toward the water after he secures himself with rope. Kellar reaches out with a length of chain and click a link onto Dwan and says, We're crossing, follow the Dwarf and tie off onto the chain.

Kellar steps back about ten paces from the edge of the river and dashes toward the river, ready to jump...

The soft mud, slowed Kellar's leap into the water (Athletics Roll= 2+7= 9; meh! He made about half the distance he wanted, but as soon as he rose to the surface, he swam forward. Orbaugh, keep an eye on things! Water, cold! Perception Roll= 18+4= 22; success! Swim for the shore, don't stand on my head!

Actions:

Kellar tried to jump into the water, didn't get very far but started swimming anyway. Orbaugh is keeping an eye on things. (Go Orbaugh!)


Last edited by Kellar on Mon May 04, 2015 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
avatar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 485
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Wisconsin

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Mon May 04, 2015 10:15 am

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 2

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 10, 18

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Custer Thickett on Mon May 04, 2015 5:54 pm

Cuss shook his head when he realizes the river is their route.  "Can't we stay dry once?  Just once?"  His eyes dart left and right, trying to spot anything he can use as driftwood small enough for him to quickly get it afloat without help.

Perception +1
18

Cuss frowns at Cecil's panicked hesitation, "What are ya waiting for, pad?"  Custer uses the heel of his boot to shove the boy into the river, "Swim!"

Either on a log, or with held breath, Cuss hooks the fingers of one hand through Kellar's chain, and makes his way into the water behind his friends.

Athletics -1
11
Or Acrobatics +3 for balancing on the log
15


Last edited by Custer Thickett on Mon May 04, 2015 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Mon May 04, 2015 5:54 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 17

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 12

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Mon May 04, 2015 7:53 pm

a tactical retreat decided Artimus wound his way through the thicket, twigs snapping under foot at they strode.  the dull churning of the shambling men followed them and became a dull murmur as the sound of rushing water grew louder and louder.

Aritmus Nodded at Dwan's instruction.

" I will do what I can"

The mariner remarked as he assisted with the fastening of the rope, employing a strong fisherman's knot with a fast release if things went sideways.

Zhe chain zhirt I wear zhould be too much of a proble.. " Artimus choked and sputtered, spitting up a measure of blood.

It's nothing, I'm am fine. Letz move.

He assured his companions and finished the quick fastenings.

Artimus put pain and doubt out of his mind, steeling himself from what was ahead. When everyone was tied off and signalled their readiness he took three deep heaving breaths, causing an extra measure of blood to pump from his fresh wound.

Three strides is all he needed to take flight.

one  two  three he pushed off from the banks of the shore with the confidence of a man with much more blood pumping through his veins.

Athletics 1d20+6 = 22


Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Mon May 04, 2015 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Mon May 04, 2015 7:53 pm

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 16

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Ao on Mon May 04, 2015 10:37 pm

The moaning undead scratch their way from out the thicket, loping along with a wet sloshing that curdles your blood.

Thick clumps of red fungus are shed upon the ground, the restless diseased-ridden automatons glaring hungrily as they close upon you.

Kellar looms up as the rope is fastened upon his waist, seeing the closest one not 50 feet away.

She is a woman, a gaping hole where her neck should be. It's been bitten off, a thick tumor of fungus growing disgustingly in the crevice. You can see her lips are slick with blood, and she gnaws hungrily at the corners of her own mouth.

A splash is heard in the darkness, the light of Artimus' torch extinguished as the mariner dives into the water behind Dwan.

Those of you without darkvision experience blindness, as the seething horde of mutilated shamblers disappear from view, only the hungry sounds of their restless advance present on the wind.

Custer leaps, catching a log running along the swift, cold water. He rides it casually to the other side, catching the broad side of a tiny wave and using its push to ride up on the muddy opposite bank.

Kellar sinks below the water, feeling his feet touch the muddy bottom. At first, he's worried that he won't rise for air - but a stern yank on the rope jolts him forward down the current, and he emerges on the other side of the riverbank coughing water and slipping up the muddy side.

Osvald and Cecil are shortly behind, the two drenched as they unceremoniously flop on the bank.

Across the pond, you can hear the sloppy, heavy footsteps of the ravenous horde as their feet dig in to the muddy bank - splashes as they fall into the water.

You waste no time deigning to see if they can swim...

[...]

The cold darkness of the forest is alive with the hum of insectoid buzzing, the far-off sound of a scream or a moan punctuating the journey through the pitch black underbrush.

After nearly an hour of fumbling through the brush, you can see the tree cover beginning to thin as a full moon comes into view.

The light is so mesmerizing that you nearly trip over yourselves as you emerge on a small ridge, looking down at a craggy clearing.

In the midst of the clearing, a tall, crumbling tower juts up from a peat bog like a withering crone. The moon glints off of the brackish, waterlogged crater, where sinister looking rocks haphazardly frame the path to this old relic of heraldry.

Cecil exhales.

"That's it!" He whispers excitedly, his voice betraying his relief.

And indeed, this appears to be the very tower that Cecil described earlier.

In the topmost window of the keep, a candle glows faintly...

===================

Ok guys, you're perhaps a quarter mile away from the keep. You'll be there in 15 minutes, moving at a slow, controlled pace.

You can approach through the peat bog, which would offer some rocks (likely slick, if you're moving fast) to walk upon. But you'd be exposed in the moonlight to anyone watching from above.

You could skirt around the crater and stick to the shadows, but that would require you staying in the woods on uneven ground, and might be disastrous if any undead were lurking in the dark...

Your choice. Make appropriate checks

Exp: +20, also +100 each for escaping undead and defeating the fish men
avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Tue May 05, 2015 10:56 am

"Osvald....Attendre, Attendre." (Wait, Wait) Artimus whispered through tight lips to the woodsman ahead of him, as he stopped leaning heavily against a wide tree near the crags end. A measure of the usual flowing merriment was absent, drained from his voice.

"I can't zee a damned zhing..." the swordsman offered with clear notes of frusteration.

He pulled off one his right glove with this teeth.

"Metre..." He winced as he reached into his wet shirt beneath his chain skin gauging the depth of his wound.

It was deeper than he thought.

I hate thiz placz, Zee zmell iz like a inzidez of a dead otter left in the zun. I hate muck, I hate wet bootz.

Zhere'z not enough gold in the realmz for wet bootz. I could be half drunk, hilt deep in a warm able redhead right now, not trapzing in to the woodz at night.  It'z a foolz errand.

He pulled out a bottle of sembian wine, uncorked the vessell, making use of his teeth again took an amble swig before pouring a splash on his wounds.

He winced again. Speaking through gritted teeth "Oh putain de merde" ( Holy fucking shit ) sliding a damp bandana under his armour onto the deepest wound , Struggling to get it into place as he slid down to a seated position at the base of the Maple.

He motioned for Kellar in the moon light. "Mon Bleu Dragon, Come here and take you medizine." He said holding up the bottle of sloshing fine wine, shaking it slightly in a beckoning moyion .

** Proposed action

As Kellar drank Artimus eyed the wound on his leg. Even in the pale moonlight he could see it was deep. He reached into the gash unceremoniously cleaningit out of fungus and dirt.

Kellar reacted to the pain lowering the redish tinted bottle, which the mariner snatched, doleing some out onto the tench in his leg.

Artimus betrayed a mild and dark joy at his compainion's pain.  His own felt better with company.

He reached up into the dark open hand entreating a hoist to his feet.

adjusting his clothing in an invisible mirror, Artimus proffered a leading question.

"Now I zhat I feel little more human, and no zo much a leaky bogbag zhall we wind our way to zhe back of zhiz tower unzeen?  I'd rathar fall on my blade then go through that ztench ridden bog." (TAKE ME HOME I"LL SCREAM lol)
"Kellar, that mud on your armour may work to our advantage... a handful more might zilence the clinkz and clankz. it will need to be cleaned and oiled regardlezz, non?

"Cuzz,  when  we get in there, could you and your famous charm, do zhe talking, I 'm in foul mind and I'm likely to cut zomeone."

"I am can zee almozt nothing, But I can zmell that filth ahead and zee light will bretray uz. Dwan, May I uze your zhoulder to guide my way Mon Amie? you're about the right zize."

He said offering the Dwarf the half emptied bottle. It was half empty, as was the mariner's spirits and this dark night.


---------------------------------
Artimus is a little cranky,  not to worry Dan is still good to go.
--------------------------------

#2 'D10' : 9.
Artimus uses second wind 1d10+4  = 13 HP restored
Stealth 1d20 Result 17
First aid ? 1d20+1 Result 8


Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Tue May 05, 2015 12:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Tue May 05, 2015 10:56 am

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 2, 5

--------------------------------

#2 'D10' : 2

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Tue May 05, 2015 10:56 am

Luck to reroll
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Tue May 05, 2015 10:56 am

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 14, 7

--------------------------------

#2 'D10' : 9

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Kellar on Tue May 05, 2015 12:11 pm

As the party came near the clearing and they saw the lonely tower, Kellar drew the chains back into his pouch and began untying the knots that held the party together. I'll need a few lengths of this if someone wouldn't mind giving it up, he said.

Kellar staggered toward Artimus after he called out to take his medicine. He took the bottle of wine from Artimus and took a large drink that matched the ache his body started to feel as the adrenaline wore off. As he nearly finished his drink, Artimus put his hand in the wound on his leg and he felt a deep burning sensation as he removed mud, dirt, fungi and whatever else had crept into his wound. Kellar let out, hnngggh, you... might want to warn me next time? I bite him, Master! Orbaugh said as he moved toward Artimus and snapped at his kneecaps.

Easy Orbaugh, easy. He was trying to help Master. Orbaugh turned away from Artimus and gave a final snap of his jaws toward him.

Kellar listened to Artimus go on about mud and oiling his armor and replied, Yes, mud covered would be the best way to go, it'd soften how much we stick out in the moonlight. I would also suggest grabbing some of the local shrubbery and branches and affix it our bodies. It'd be best to break the shape of our bodies so we don't stand out, look around you, trees, bushes, branches, plants, it all fits together. We stick out like a sore thumb if we just cover in mud and go.

Orbaugh, be my eyes while we move toward the tower, he said with his mind. Here, it's been a while, need to keep our energy up. Kellar removed a ration and broke it in half, one for Orbaugh and one for himself. Perception Roll= 12+4= 16; success?

I'll start gathering a few branches and some shrubbery after I take a moment, Kellar said. He paused for a moment and and whispered, irisvir. Translation: Healing Second Wind used= 7+4= 11 HP recovered! The wound on Kellar's leg closed somewhat as the light tint of his skin turned a dark blue. The blue color oozed out of his leg, taking with it, the remaining mud, dirt and fungi and it trickled to the ground. The cut from Lord Hale's arrow on Kellar's nose closed up completely, leaving a dull blue line in its place.

Kellar collected some fresh flora from their surroundings and began affixing it to his armor and appendages. He knelt down and began collecting mud and smearing it across his face and his armor, being careful to not reintroduce it into the wound on his leg. He set Orbaugh down in the mud and nudged him to roll into the mud. Squee! The pseudodragon replied as he rolled in the mud with great fervor. Okay, come here, one last thing. Kellar took a piece of rope and split it down into twine and affixed parts of a bush onto Orbaugh's wings. Orbaugh wiggled a little bit and watched the leaves shake about, and then scurried up Kellar's good leg and nestled on his shoulder. The leaves from the bush on Orbaugh covered part of Kellar's face, but allowed Orbaugh to stay perched and provide his sight to his Master. I think we're ready, what do you think Little One, Kellar asked Custer with a weak smile.

Actions:
If the group ventures down across the bog along the stones, Kellar is prepared to follow behind the group and with Orbaugh's help, keep an eye on the wooded surroundings. Stealth Roll= 7+5= 12



Last edited by Kellar on Tue May 05, 2015 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
avatar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 485
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Wisconsin

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Tue May 05, 2015 12:11 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D10' : 7

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 12, 7

--------------------------------

#3 'D20' : 7

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Custer Thickett on Tue May 05, 2015 2:08 pm

Cuss was squat on one knee, inspecting his bowstrings when Kellar asked him for an opinion.  Custer looked up at the man and his dragon, and beamed a smile that cut the dark night clear enough for Kellar to see.  "Ha!  Ya look like a man covered in mud and twigs to me, but a dull twit might get confused askin emself why ya'd go and do such a thing, no?  Aye, me thinks ya'll hide me well."

Cuss turns his attention to Artimus.  "Ya right to let me do the talkin, Captain DeLonde.  If ya go an get killed, then how we gettin home?  Keep Cecil from acting a fool if we have audience with Sorren, ya?"  Cuss lowers his voice and looks to the boy to make sure he wasn't listening to his next question to the tall blonde mariner.  Cuss held out his left palm to show Artimus the vial of red lake water he had captured.  "Tell me, ya think he'd trade the brother's life for the Urn and some 'pure salt water?'"

Cuss climbs to his feet and stands before Shorjahl, looking up at the tall mage.  "Don't right know what's gotten into ya.  In the city, I watched ya jump in front of a Cyricist army of Orcs.  In a matter of seconds ya had killed a quarter or more.  What'd those dead things back there do to deserve pity ya wouldn't give a Kobold cookin dinner?"  Cuss covers his mouth and looks to Orbaugh, "I mean, that was an act of unrivaled honor and bravery, to be sure, but..."  Cuss looks back up at his friend, "Are ya going to be able to get over it?  We need ya, Shorjy."

Cuss heads out beside Kellar, matching the human's stride and profile to keep his dirty blue friend between him and the tower.  
[Stealth +9]
13 Ha ha!


Last edited by Custer Thickett on Tue May 05, 2015 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Tue May 05, 2015 2:08 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 4

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Dwan Bolduum on Tue May 05, 2015 5:21 pm

What the hell was that?  Dwan says as the party rests at the top of the hill.  I've never seen anything like that in my days.  I would have liked to have taken another look at that fungus but seeing what it's done to all of those bodies, I think its better for now that it we are away from it.

As Artimus takes the time to dress his wounds Dwan takes a quick inventory of his own health.  Didn't really take any hits that fight but my neck still hurts a bit.    Dwan takes a moment to inspect the bruise with his fingers.

**Dwan makes a Medicine Check to determine if the bruise/ pain is persisting from the strangling or if it may have some association with the fungi 14+5 = 19**

I'd rather not spend another night out here while those things roam free. I agree with Artimus here, we have to make our way to the house.  I see bit better than most of you in the dark, I'll keep an eye out for those creatures.  An open bog might give us away but I'd rather not be ambushed again.

Dwan's reluctance on offering Artimus his shoulder is quickly dissipated by the promise of the wine.  

You'll never have as good a partner to wallow your sorrows with than a Dwarf. He says with a smile before drinking down a large swig from the bottle.

Dwan rations part of the wine for the trip to the house and moves carefully with Artimus so as not to draw attention to the party crossing the bog.
**Stealth 12**


Last edited by Dwan Bolduum on Tue May 05, 2015 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 224
Join date : 2015-01-29

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
57/57  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Tue May 05, 2015 5:21 pm

The member 'Dwan Bolduum' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 14

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 12

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Ao on Tue May 05, 2015 11:50 pm

Muck and mud begins to ooze coolly between the joints in Kellars armor, sticking to his underclothes and dripping down his flesh. The faint snapping of twigs lunctuates the otherwise silent contemplation of their approach to the tower...

Kellar looks about, eyeing the perimeter of the treeline around the bogged crater.

His eyes dont register anything of note in the darkened treeline, but his senses tell him otherwise. On the wind, something foul seems to waft from the rotting trees beyond. He gets the distinct sense that you are not alone in this ruddy, muddied valley...

Dwan feels around on his neck, his fingers closing upon foreign feeling nodules swollen upon his neck. A burning itch and pain begins to sear across the tender flesh, and a wave of nausea and dizziness perpetuates his mind.

[dwan medicine check]

This is most certainly not normal.

Dwan had encountered many illnesses and afflictions in the Gold Army, and onset symptoms of this kind were not typical of bruising or contusion. Undoubtedly, something had infected the Druid. Something sinister.

As his mind swims with the realities of the searing pain, custer looks up at the tower. The route through the bog is in plain sight of that high window. Without an extremely careful approach, they would certainly draw the attention of any looking down upon the shimmering bog, alight with moonlight...


=====================

Ok guys I didn't actually receive a decision about whether you were going through the fringe forest treeline to circle around, or moving straight through the bog.

Maybe a poll? Regardless, let me know by my next post tomorrow night.

You can keep your current stealth rolls, or roll a new one if you prefer (but must keep it)

Sorry to defer, but it's an important decision to make.

Exp:+20
avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Wed May 06, 2015 10:27 am

Artimus, sensing by a mere shifting in the winds that their path forward was unclear ..... he knew exactly what to do.

He placed his hands together at his naval, and swam them out extended his arms like a snake. Then hopping on one foot did one complete turn with this hand over his brow like a visor. Hooted suggestively like and owl and finished with the unmistakable chicken flapping of his arms and a quick rub of his belly.

Using a thousand year old the thieves signing system his meaning was unmistakable.

They would go around the back of the tower slowly to avoid detection, stealthily, and he had suggested that Cus check for traps. Also Something also was clear, something everyone in that pale moonlighted evening always knew, Artimus has a hankering for chicken.
=============================
Performance 14+3  17
Stealth 1d20 Result 17


Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Wed May 06, 2015 3:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Wed May 06, 2015 10:27 am

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 14

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Osvald Hale on Wed May 06, 2015 2:18 pm

Osvald keeps Cecil in the center of the group with a rough hand on the young mans back. When the party stops, Osvlad forces him to sit for a breath and collect himself with a few sharp words.

...

Wiping the damp hair from his brow, Osvald scans the low ridge. His sharp eyes only catch formless shadows, dancing in the trees. The tower looms beyond.

"Both approaches have their risks... Though... I worry." his sour expression barely visible in the dark. "Those.... Infected folk... They numbered a great many--I expect the occupants of the tower have had run-ins with them before. They're likely watching for movement in the night, and may fire on us if we come skulking in the dark. If we take the open bog, might be best we do it with torches lit--let them know we're still living. Think you could talk us inside if we knock on the front door, Cuss? Who knows how long this infection has been going on, could be we're the first friendly faces they've seen in some time."

As the party deliberates, Osvald sits beside Cecil and pours water out of his boots.

"ah, Kellar. You look like a proper ranger now."

The huntsman stands, and joins the others looking out toward the tower.

"The tree line does offer more cover, but we'll be caught up easily if anything rears it's ugly head at us in there. Hells, or comes up outta that bog. ...In fact more I think about it the less likely survival seems a'tal."

As Artimus begins flailing, Osvald looks at him sideways and to the others for help. "Ah.....? Anyone?"

"If we have to put it to a vote, I'd say bog. It gets us to the tower quicker, and we have a pretty good idea of what's waiting inside for us. There could be another dozen of those fish-men and a hundred more dead folks shambling in the trees."

=====

Osvalds throwing in his two cents.

Voting for bog, he'll go stealth if you lot prefer that, but he'd rather go with torches lit. Easy enough!

Rolling stealth in case, and perception on the bog and surrounding tree line if we go with torchlight.[/b]

Stealth 9 + 6 = 15

Perception 11 + 4 = 15
[/b][/b]


Last edited by Osvald Hale on Wed May 06, 2015 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 268
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
41/41  (41/41)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Wed May 06, 2015 2:18 pm

The member 'Osvald Hale' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 9

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 11

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Custer Thickett on Wed May 06, 2015 3:20 pm

[ooc:  I am on a road trip vacation and may miss a couple of post.]

Custer nods agreement with Artimus on looking for traps.  On Osvald's suggestion, Custer voices, "Might be we could just walk up the moonlit path and wave hello, yeah?  Might be Cecil's brother up there, no?"

[Another stealth roll +9]
20


Last edited by Custer Thickett on Wed May 06, 2015 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Wed May 06, 2015 3:20 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 11

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Ao on Thu May 07, 2015 7:04 pm

Mud suck at your boots, the flaking crust giving way to a soggy, wet sensation between your toes as you sidle up carefully along the side of the bog-bank and find yourselves again in the dense forestry.

The tower is momentarily obscured from view.

The air smells peaty, and stale. A sour smell wrankles your nose, as those of you with dark vision peer between the trees and eye the weeping sores that checker their trunks like pockmarks. No night birds chirp, the wind nearly dead in the stuffy, dark canopy.

You move carefully, swooping between the trees like a cadre of assassins. Custer and Osvald take point, Artimus skulking as a deadly spectre behind, as Kellar and Dwan bring up the rear with weapons borne and senses tuned.

[Stealth results;]

Osvald sees a shambling creature one-hundred feet away, clawing its way between the trees and moaning hungrily. It seems to walk haphazardly, its legs moving in jerky automation. Long braids drape in front its scalp, obscuring the undoubtedly horrendous features of its face.

But it takes no notice of you, your quiet approach along the fringe drawing not a whisper of attention. And a good thing too - as the fiend behind you falls out of sight, you can see another, and another emerge from the diseased treeline to meet it.

The trio of walking, fungus-encrusted monsters consider each other for a moment, before the braided one leaps forward with surprising agility, closing its jaws around the neck of another and drawing it down into the muck…

[…]

You emerge from the tainted woods behind the tower, sliding briefly down the lichen-covered crater side to approach the cracked building from behind.

Cecil stares at it reverently, rubbing at his chin.

“Gods, its a sight. What a mess, this place. It was once resplendant. Do all things fall into such ruin?”

Shorjahl sulks moodily behind the group, staring at Dwan. Suddenly, and abruptly, he barks in an uneasy tone;

“Your neck isn’t looking good, Cleric.”

Indeed, Dwan is feeling feverish and exhausted. Vomit seems to rise and fall in his gut, a burning sensation of bile causing him nausea like he has never known.

Cecil leads the way toward the tower, and you come upon a thick-set tangle of roots and leaves mounded up on the ground. He leans down, wiping them aside with an eager look in his eye.

But even as the leaves are pushed aside, the face of a corpse stares back from within the pile, causing you all to draw your weapons.

Panic ensues for a moment, but you come to see that the corpse is indeed…deceased. And not of the animated persuasion, as its eldritch ilk in the woods.

Cecil scrambles forward, kicking the corpse aside. A thick coating of red fungus blisters across its back. It is unrecognizable, and its gender indistinguishable.

“There’s a cellar door here” he says, gulping and holding his shirt over his nose.

Indeed, as he pulls apart more of the sediment a wooden door is revealed beneath.

“We can likely sneak in unawares through the basement. Though its dark and dank, and likely full of rubble and rats. Or we can go round to the front, and do our best to keep silent and avoid the prying eyes of whoever is in the tower above. And, I pray that it is Thorold.”

He grows quiet.

===================

Ok guys, you’re at the base of the tower. You look around the crater, observing the treeline which seems to wriggle with that implacable madness.

The cellar door is sealed shut, when you try it. It will require quite some strength to open it up. It is very, very stuck.

You can make generic STR checks (highest, +2 for every STR check assisting over 15). Or, you can try and use another method of opening it.

Also, you can go round front.

EXP: +20
avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Dwan Bolduum on Fri May 08, 2015 9:07 am

While crossing the bog Dwan looks out to see the shambling men eerily wander within the tree line. The sight makes it hard for him to continue to ignore the throbbing of the bruise on his neck.  His stomach starts to feel unsettled and nearly causes him to slip on the rock that he was  walking on.

No time for that now, first I just need to make it across safely.

Once gathered by the manor Dwan's legs start to feel weak and he leans against the building to steady himself.

Your neck isn’t looking good, Cleric.

I'm no Cleric. If I was I suspect these shambling men would not pose as much of a threat to us.  Dwan looks back at the wizard in an attempt to control his swimming vision, his hand moving to the back of his neck once more.

In an attempt to end the effect of his injury Dwan focuses a Healing Word directly at the center of the bruise. 4+3=7
(it either works or I'm healed. so... worth it.

With a rush of energy Dwan will walk over to the Cellar door and attempt to open it.
Strength check 7+1=8

Dwan pulls against the handle but finds that he is only succeeding in pulling himself further into the wet mud.


Last edited by Dwan Bolduum on Fri May 08, 2015 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 224
Join date : 2015-01-29

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
57/57  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Fri May 08, 2015 9:07 am

The member 'Dwan Bolduum' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D4' : 4

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 7

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Kellar on Fri May 08, 2015 2:25 pm

Kellar sees Cecil and Dwan begin to pull at the door and says, Sounds like a good plan, we're sitting ducks out here anyway. Orbaugh, keep an eye for anything coming out way. I have some food for us when we get inside. I look for us! Perception Roll= 19+4= 23; Success!

Kellar moved to one side of the door, opposite of Dwan and Cecil and grabbed at the center and began pulling toward himself. Strength Roll= 20+ 7= 27; I AM ALL THAT IS MAN!!!!!

Kellar exhaled as the cellar door began to twist and creak under his grip as he pulled it away from Dwan and Cecil. A small tear and pop at the hinges and the mechanism in the middle opened the door into the cellar. He stood there with his half of the door, off its hinges and in his hands. He looked at the group and said, I've got my part done, what's taking you guys?


Last edited by Kellar on Fri May 08, 2015 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
avatar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 485
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Wisconsin

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Fri May 08, 2015 2:25 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 19, 7

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 20

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Fri May 08, 2015 2:42 pm

Artimus Plodded carefully through the peaty bog mud sticking and grasping to his boots. He hunched over as he slogged like a sculking guttersnipe. Selune smiled on him, as they travelled through the swamp full of dismay, lighting his path with cool moonlight.

As Dwan pulled on the long metal handles of the cellar door, slipping deeply into the mud, Artimus extended a gentle hand, touching the scruffy dwarf on the should and whispered "Attend, mon ami."

The Mariner Cautiously Put his ear to the door listening for a moment, then reaching into his cloak  producted a container of lightly  coloured oil the color of ripened corn.

Artimus went about oiling the rusted latches and hinges of the cellardoor as an offered truce to the sure protest of a long stationary portal. Clearly pleased with himself Artimus returned the container to it's rest and prepared to heave on the door.

==============
Str
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Ao on Sat May 09, 2015 12:01 pm

Kellar tosses aside the Cellar door, his muscles rippling as the portal buckles and sinks into the mud.

The staircase beyond leads into a cavernous subcellar, Cecil lighting a torch to reveal a nearly sunken basement.

The smell of rot and mildew suffocates you as you descend, mud from the outside oozing past the threshold after you.

Your boots find the ground after a short descent, but not before sinking through a foot of still, dust-encrusted water.

Cecil grimaces as he leads you through, the torch illuminating the fetid pool. Ages of grime and muck float atop the still water, disturbed and churned by your careful boot steps through the cellar.

Rotted old barrels still adorn the shelves, their bounty of wine no doubt long transmuted into vinegar, and then a watery brine.

Cecil rounds a corner, casting a long look down the stone-flanked hall towards a stairpassage leading upward.

Torchlight flickers down the passage, the soft glow betraying some inhabitants beyond...

Cecil extinguishes his torch, moving swiftly towards the stairpassage and halting at the bottom.

You follow behind him, hearing voices from up above.

...."been watchin this damn bog all night. Do you think we'll leave for morn?"

Another voice;

"Not if Soren don't get the secrets of that Urn outta the boy."

"...yeah. He don't know anything, I'm sure o that. He's a coward. Woulda told us already. Soren'll put him to the knife, an then we can go."

The other voice pauses, and then adds a final thought.

"Dunno about this forest, Merk. Them walkin horrors... Never seen anythin like em. I mean, if we had the moon on our side, sure. But not like this. I ain't come this far to get eaten by a bog zombie."

=====================

Ok guys, you're at the bottom of the staircase in the cellar, eavesdropping upon some voices that echo down from above.

There's about a foot of disgusting water you're submerged in.

Feel free to take some liberties with the cellar. If there's some tools or pieces of wood or anythin you want to employ for one of your hair-brained schemes, I'm game Wink just be reasonable

Exp: +20
avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Kellar on Mon May 11, 2015 12:13 pm

Kellar followed the group into the cellar and noticed the build up of water and said, I don't think they accounted for how much water has built up around the structure. Orbaugh, here you go. Kellar unwrapped a ration from his pack and shared it with the pseudodragon. Not much down here of use really, most of it is rotted or sitting in water, metal is rusted, he said. The barrels could be put in front of the stairs here though where we came in, the door isn't going to keep anything out, it is a weak point if there happen to be more things coming for us in the night, he continued.

Little One, if you'd be so kind to provide us a plan for entering the floors above us, I think we have Cecil here to act as the point man, he said with a questioning tone. Orbaugh, keep an eye on the bog for me if you would please. I help! I help! cheered the little dragon as he moved up the stairs a bit and peered out into the darkness.

Depending on how we move, I'll follow behind Custer and Cecil in the formation, he concluded.

Actions:
Orbaugh will keep an eye out in the darkness for encroaching undead. perception roll= 9+4= 13
Kellar will try to be sneaky and fall into formation with the others heading up the stairs if the group chooses to do that. Stealth Roll= 2+3= 5; YES!!!! lol.


Last edited by Kellar on Mon May 11, 2015 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
avatar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 485
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Wisconsin

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Mon May 11, 2015 12:13 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 5, 9

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 2

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Dwan Bolduum on Mon May 11, 2015 6:16 pm

Once the cellar doors open Dwan looks in to see the narrow hall way.

Custer or Osvald should lead the way, I trust their bows should bring down any foes that we see in this maze.  Once the party has determined who will be entering first Dwan grabs his scepter and follows in behind Artimus.  Dwan focuses on not trying to disturb the water too much or knock anything into the water.

**Stealth Roll 2**

As the entire party enters into the cellar Dwan will close the doors behind them.  He gathers up some of the water logged wood and slips it in the handles to prevent anyone from opening the doors from behind.  

Rather not have to worry about anything behind us.  He whispers.


Last edited by Dwan Bolduum on Mon May 11, 2015 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 224
Join date : 2015-01-29

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
57/57  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Mon May 11, 2015 6:16 pm

The member 'Dwan Bolduum' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 2

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Tue May 12, 2015 1:09 pm

Knee deep in filth, fine boots seeping what could be called muck, but more accurately was the worst concoction of shit, piss, rotting foilage and a kind of mystery sewage that kept civil maintainers up at night.

His fists clenched tightly as he felt slime work its was between his toes. He could almost taste the bog's bile in his mouth. The tension within Artimus began to boil over and in a moment of brashness his thin patience cracked.

"C’est le foutu bordel.  (This is a fucking  mess.)"

He turn turned back toward the cellar stairs waiting through the 'water', a deep scowl visble on his face. Walked around the front of the tower and thumped the soft outside of his gloved fist against the lichen covered door.

**THUMP THUMP THUMP**
as he knocked the sound was softened by the humidty that permiated the door over the years. As he heard the soft echo he realized he hadn't considered what he was going to say....

Disguising his accent as best he could with the the Baulderian accent well worn in his ear.
"uhhhhh...Merk, open up  It's  Fazoohl,  Soren sent me!"

Artimus places pulls a crowbar from his pack and placed it between the door and the jam and put his ear to the door listening for the foot steps approaching.
When someone approaches, will wait for them to unlatch the door and kick it when it's opened, if it's not opened... kicks the crowbar)
=========================================================

STR 14 +3  = 17
Bluff 3 +3 = 6


Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Tue May 12, 2015 1:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Tue May 12, 2015 1:09 pm

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 3, 4

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Osvald Hale on Tue May 12, 2015 1:44 pm

Osvalds nose wrinkles as the party descends into the rotten mire. He scans the chamber for threats but his human eyes see little with only moonlight reflecting off the filthy pool. The light scatters around the room as the party trudged into the muck.

The stink of rot is intoxicating, every step stirring up foul, brown shapes in the dark.

Voices echo softly through the dripping stones above.

Osvald turns to the party, the barest semblance of a plan forming in his head when Whump Whump Whump! the mariners hand raps on the door.

Osvald sighs, Curses, shoves Cecil behind some boxes and draws his bow.

"Well, Artimus. I hope your master plan extends a few strokes beyond rapping on the door. Just so we're clear, If I die tonight--I blame you." he says with a caustic smirk.

=====

Haha, here we go! Rolling perception to listen for how many men are assembling beyond the door.

17 + 4 = 21 brrrrap brrrrap


Last edited by Osvald Hale on Tue May 12, 2015 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 268
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
41/41  (41/41)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Tue May 12, 2015 1:44 pm

The member 'Osvald Hale' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 17

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum