Chapter Three

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:36 am

The member 'Dwan Bolduum' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 12

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 13

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Ao on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:42 am

Osvald stares out from the trees, next to Orbaugh. The buzzing has subsided, as the deafening squelch of the farmers head punctuates the moment.

Osvald catches only the faintest glimpse of the shadows before they disappear from sight, Artimus' torch lit below illuminating the clearing.

[osvald nature]

The ranger cannot place the shadows, from the second he saw them for. They look bipedal, standing on two legs. And the way they moved... It was almost a loping scuttle.

But from this distance, too hard to tell.

[...]

Kellars blade cuts through the horse reins, and the beasts begin milling about the clearing. One of them approaches the farmer and sniffs, it's eyes becoming wide as it reads up and turns tail to run off into the bushes.

Dwan's spell materializes, and then - they set off after the shadows.

[acting on custers suggestion - a tacit suggestion to follow if the party thinks it's Soren. At this point, no way to tell, but it's a lead]

[...]

The dusky forest begins to stink.

After walking for some moments, a briny smell, not unlike rotted, sun baked seaweed, begins to waft through the dense underbrush.

It becomes more and more pungent as Osvald tracks the path of the shadowy figures, looping through narrow tree gulleys and reeds taller than your head.

Dwan cannot help but rub at his neck. Two ugly sores have formed where the farmer grabbed him, and his body still moves with lifeless exhaustion from the attack.

Cecil complains loudly as you navigate the forest.

"Why are we following these shadows! Tricks of the eye! This is mad... We need to get to the keep. Here, we need to go this way." He says, pointing off into a stand of vine-covered trees.

"Or... It might be this way." He recants, rubbing his chin.

Kellars foot sinks into a mud puddle, and he looks down absently to pull out his boot. But when his eye catches the puddle, it makes him start.

The mud pools around his foot, in the shade of a sickly, watery red.

[...]

As you emerge from the reeds, the forest becomes a queer sight.

By the light of Artimus' torch, the tree trunks that you can see in the distance seem dissonant, and warped. Indeed, as you approach, covering your nose for the acrid smell, you can see that the bark has warped in the most hideous of ways.

The trees are twisted and growing in obtuse directions, covered in a thick, salty crust of crimson red fungus.

They seem to pulsate slightly, in the most unnatural of ways.

You walk past these stinking, horrid trees and can hear water in the distance.

Approaching, you find that the densely packed tree cover gives way to a clearing that hosts a still, lifeless pond.

It is covered in a thick red scum, dotted with chunked flecks of white.

"What is that!!!!?" Shouts the young man, too loudly.

The smell is ever more horrid here, and Cecil retches into the bushes again and again.

==================

Ok guys, you're about ten feet from the pond. Let me know your formation, actions, any investigative steps you want to take, and if you want to keep pursuing the shadows I need another roll, or you can see if Cecil can get you to the keep.

Exp: +20
avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Kellar on Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:13 pm

As the group cautiously approached the water, Kellar turned to Cecil and said, Take a minute and get your bearings. The sooner we can find your brother the sooner we can get out of here. Whatever the shadows are, I don't want to chase them into a trap. Now think! Which way!

Orbaugh, on me. Don't touch the water, something is wrong here.

Actions;
Kellar will suggest we stay on task and find the hideout.
Rolls
Kellar- Stealth Roll= 11+3= 14
Orbaugh-Perception Roll= 18+4= 22; Stealth Roll= 8+3= 11


Last edited by Kellar on Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz... and numberz, ah ah ah)
avatar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 485
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Wisconsin

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:13 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 1, 18

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 8

--------------------------------

#3 'D20' : 11

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Custer Thickett on Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:01 pm

Custer slowly removes his pack, setting it on the ground as he looked at the other members of the party.  He fishes out his scarf, and wraps it around his nose and mouth.  He reaches in deeper for his pliers, and an empty glass vial.  He carefully places the container into the clutch and holds it up to inspect.  He looks past the glass at the deep blue stare of Shorjahl, and ask, "Do ya think we should get some?  Might be it's pure, no?"  Cuss winks.

============

If Shorahl does not post or agrees, Custer is going to cautiously try to capture some of the water in his vial and cork it.  

If Shojahl or the entirety of those that do post object, Cuss will frown and not collect the sample.

===========

[Rolling Sleight of Hand +6]
Natty 26

Once the sample and/or tools are stowed safely, Cuss approaches Kellar and Cecil, trying to help Cecil regain orientation of his surroundings.

[Perception to assist +1]
16


Last edited by Custer Thickett on Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:01 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 20

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 15

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Dwan Bolduum on Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:37 pm

As the party comes to a halt, Dwan keeps a part of his mind dedicated to maintaining their magical shroud.  He covers his nose with his mouth, [I've been around fungus and decomposition before but the smell has never been this bad. He moves towards one of the mushrooms and visually inspects the fungus, trying to see if he has run into anything like this species before.

**Nature Check**
19+3 22

Tread lightly with the water, Custer. Something is off about this place.

Cecil, you've been her before right?  Have these always been here?
============================

Dwan investigates the growth around the area that they have stopped at.  Nature 22

If nothing occurs (fat chance) Dwan will urge the party to continue on to the mansion/house/keep.


Last edited by Dwan Bolduum on Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 224
Join date : 2015-01-29

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
57/57  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:37 pm

The member 'Dwan Bolduum' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 19

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:44 pm

Artimus looks deeply into the mired wood that surronded them red and unatural, lit by his crackling torch. He waved the flaming pinnacle of light a little too uneasily, betraying his rising concern.  The stress of the off putting place and offensive stench put a strain on his deminor. A flop sweat gathering on his brow. his movements becoming erratic, his eyes darting with unease.

Zhis plaze is zcarred, turned againzt itself. Zhis stench may never come out of our zkin if we linger much longer.

The Mariner said in a harsh forced whisper, as if he was trying to remain hidden from an unseen foe. He turned and spat, wiping the thick string of musus from his mouth. He salivated like a man about to throw his inners on the mucky earth.

Artimus keeps a careful eye about as others track and discuss.

Perception


Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:28 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:44 pm

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 18

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Ao on Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:14 am

In the stinking wood, you approach the still red water, looking out into the dense forestry for any signs of the shadowy figures.

Custer approaches the bank of the pond, the noxious smell permeating through his scarf as the earth squelches beneath his boots.

The halfling dips the vial deftly into the water, retrieving a cleanly swabbed sample of the reeking liquid, and stoppering it expertly. Not a drop escapes.

Dwan approaches the trees, walking past Kellar and Orbaugh who stand sentry. The Druids throat burns, the injury from the corpse beginning to blister and crack. It itches mightily.

Dwan stoops down, looking at the infected tree. Indeed, the fungus seems nearly to pulsate all over the weathered bark, spurning the tree limbs into a phase of growth wholly unnatural. Tiny shoots have begun to sprout from the trunk, leaking an awful smelling red discharge. They blossom and flower seemingly before his eyes, twisting like the tendrils of some insect.

The dwarf shivers as a memory is recalled to his mind. This is not a Fungus he has see firsthand, but it brings to mind a story told to him while in the gold army. A story of a coastal town that was happened upon by soldiers who sought refuge from a disastrous rout.

But hospitality was not to be had, for the town was devoid of life. All its kinsmen and labourers were gone, and seemingly had been for awhile. All that remained was a thick, rust-coloured fungus that seemed to grow all throughout it like a cancer, creeping out from a red tide that washed in.

The soldiers had returned to their chapter, and recounted their experience. Some of them had broken out in blisters or rashes, and were seen by the apothecary, who puzzled at the resistant sores.

But he did not puzzle long, for at the dawn of the next day, their bunks were empty, and they were not heard from again.

The town was never found.

Kellar stands at the edge of the clearing, looking out to its edge by Artimus' torchlight. The dragoon shifts position, when suddenly - his eye catches on a glint in the tree line.

[kell, percep]

Reflexively, he calls out to the mariner, who sidesteps just as a viciously barbed spear whooshes through the air.

There is a moment of pause, and then from the trees above you can see a cascading figure blurring through the air, landing in the mud with a thick squelch.

The beast before you is hideous and fish-like, with a great bloated stomach and gills upon its neck. It stands upon two legs, holding another spear in its four-fingered fist. Dark, empty eyes stare at you as it bristles, breathing throatily through glistening scales.

Thick, crusty patches of red fungus grow aggressively upon its flesh, conjoining limbs where they ought not to be. Upon its neck, open sores leak upon the ground below it in a drip of fetid discharge.

From out the trees, another of the wretched creatures leaps. And then another. And then two more.

They stare at you for a moment, and then charge.

=========++===+=•======

Ok guys, five of these hideous, amphibious creatures are charging through the clearing at you.

Artimus, Kellar Shorjahl and Osvald are at the perimeter, and custer and Dwan are near the pond.

The creatures are between the perimeter, and those of you at the pond (aka you're all flanking them)

They're rushing forward toward custer

Stats up in the lair lads!!

Exp:+20
avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Dwan Bolduum on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:16 am

Oh this is bad, Dwan thinks as he scratches at his blister.   The story of the abandoned town and missing soldiers haunts his thoughts.   I need to look at this more closely.

As Dwan opens his mouth to inform them of this story, and to check on his wound/rash , the zombified fish men drop from the canopy.  Dwan focuses on the body of these creatures and tries to determine what they were before the fungi knitted their flesh together to form these abominations.

**Nature Check**
9+3=12

Protect the Boy! Dwan cries as he sees the fish men prepare their charge.  As he rushes over to protect Custer's flank Dwan grasps his shield from his back while keeping his scepter rotating.   Dwan knocks shoulders with Custer and keeps his shield to his open side while moving his scepter forward in a fluid motion.

A shadow flows as if under ground and centers itself  15 feet in front of the charging fish-men; thorns and spikes grow far out from this central point, to layer the ground with the sharp material.

===================================
Dwan tries to determine what these creatures are/were with a Nature check
Dwan casts Spike Growth (lvl 2) which creates a 20 foot radius of spikes and thorns on the ground.  Dwan focuses this 15 feet in front of the line, aligned with the center monster.  This radius is difficult terrain and any creature moving in, or within it takes 2d4 damage for every 5 feet traveled in this area.  
Dwan's intent with this is to slow/break the charge coming towards the squishy half of the party.
(Ao i'm not sure how you want me to roll damage, ideally Dwan would like to get all 5 in this area. Also the damage depends on how they move in reaction, or if they continue to charge ahead)


Last edited by Dwan Bolduum on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 224
Join date : 2015-01-29

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
57/57  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:16 am

The member 'Dwan Bolduum' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 9

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Custer Thickett on Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:05 am

When Kellar calls out and a barbed spear flies past Artimus, Cuss frees his crossbows and begins deftly preparing them to fire.  

As Dawn bumps his shoulder, Cuss says, "Don't throw me!"  The last time he had tried to fight shoulder to shoulder with a Dwarf, Cuss found himself blasted a distance to have the wind knocked from his chest.  

When he looked up to see the things charging his way, Cuss cursed in Halfling, "Damanta!  Don't let em get us in the water, yeah?"

He then fires at the one in the middle.
16
24


Last edited by Custer Thickett on Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:05 am

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 15, 18

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 4, 10

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Kellar on Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:58 pm

Kellar sees the fish-like creatures take off toward Custer and takes his advantage of their backs being turned and prepares a lunging attack against the one struck by Custer's bolts. Attack Roll= 13+5= 18; success! DMG= 12+6+3= 21! The creature double over at the bolts striking it, leaving it's back exposed to the lance piercing through with a sickening SWISH! Kellar felt the creature claw at the end of the lance now protruding from it's front, only for the lance to disappear as quickly as it entered! The creature turned to look at it's attacker only to find...

Kellar circling around and moved to pierce it again with his lance! (Action Surge used)

The creature's glossy black, unblinking eye met the end of Kellar's lance, which ruptured it with a soft pop and crunch as it exited the back of it's head! Attack Roll= 18; success! DMG= 7+6= 13! Kellar felt the ground shifting as vines and brambles rose from the ground! He crouched low and leapt into the air with a long arching backflip and landed near his original position. He stood up with his lance and prepared to move to the left of the fish creatures!

Orbaugh, keep an eye out for more joining in! I watch, Master!

I'm flanking to the left! Keep Cecil behind you! Kellar called out to his companions.


Last edited by Kellar on Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
avatar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 485
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Wisconsin

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:58 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 12, 13

--------------------------------

#2 'D6' : 6, 6

--------------------------------

#3 'D8' : 3

--------------------------------

#4 'D20' : 13

--------------------------------

#5 'D6' : 2, 5

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:10 pm

the spiked staff soared past the mariner, he reeled,  dropping his shoulder giving it passage to the infected crimson ground. the earth sprouted to life, erupting with sallow thorns.

The stench of the infected cloakwood was sour like piss and fish left in the sun and the sweat of the boot that housed a fetid wound. The kind that lost soldiers a foot during the Hundred Year war.

Artimus eyes raised to meet the coldhearted scaly creatures, their bulgy eyes gazing off into nothing, he watched their movements. For weakness. They waddled, dubiously their distended abdomens jolting.

Seeing his moment Artimus stepped into the threatened space of the aquatic abhorrence, swiping in a left to right diagonal upward slash he rebuffed the creatures spear creating a space that he quickly stepped into, planting a boot on it's waxy foot.
.
Their soft molded flesh was sickening to the touch, like the wax unlife of a corpse left in a ditch for a week covered by leaf and soil.
Artimus spat in disgust.

swordsman dice 1d8+5+ trip


Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:10 pm

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 5

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:10 pm

Luck reroll
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:10 pm

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 7

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Ao on Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:41 am

A slurry of black ichor exploded from behind the fish-creature’s head as Kellar’s spear thrust through, the beast falling to its knees as the spear was retracted.

Thorns break through the muddy earth, twisting skyward as they batter and rake at the flaking, shambling zealots, their crude spears raised high and their ruddy mouths agape in a vapid, silent scream.

[Calculated DMG for fish-men in lair; 4, 4, 5, 7 to remaining four]

The sprawling vines cut deeply into the brutish creatures, rending flesh and scraping the mouldy, stinking fungus from their bodies.

But they scarcely seem to notice, twirling their spears viciously as a disgusting shower of gelatinous gunk rains down upon you.

[Dwan, Nature]

Dwan peers at the oncoming brutes, trying to piece them. He has not seen these beasts before, but they resemble tales told to him by the sailors of the gold army. Tales of fish walking on two legs, setting upon ships from the sea and dragging the men back into the ocean with them.

But what would they be doing in a murky, coastal forest? And what of this sickening red coral.

The first fish slams into Kellar, the spear raking across his guard, its gaping maw closing in for a bite.

[FSH1 misses with two attacks]

Keller turns the attacks aside effortlessly as another sets upon him, bringing the spear down as it leaps lithely over his shoulder, bristling its razor-sharp claws.

[FSH2 misses]

The dragoon doesn’t miss a beat, turning that attacks asunder as vines whip about him, threatening to ensnare his spear as it blurs through the air.

The third charges over its dead comrade’s corpse toward Artimus, who is engaged with another of the fishermen.

[FSH3 vs. Artimus, MISS & Hit]
[5 damage to Artimus]

The spear finds its mark in the mariner’s shoulder, drawing blood as the blond sailor parries the beast’s claws.

FSH4 vs. Artimus, MISS & MISS]

Its fellow tries to flank Artimus, thrusting its spear recklessly. The captain effortlessly dodges the blow, rebuking the claw with his sword.

The rest of you are circling to pick targets, when your ears suddenly prickle at a low, rumbling whine coming from the trees. The grating, incessant sound of insects buzzing begins to reverberate in your ears once more, as the bushes rustle from out of the shadows…

==================

OK guys,

Shorj & Osvald on the edge of the forest, Dwan and custer near the pond, Kellar and Artimus in between them engaging the fish-men, amidst Dwan’s thorny spell.

Kell & Art, if you move more than five feet you’ll take 2d4 dmg. Same goes for the fish-men.

Dwan and Custer, if you elect to move anywhere really, you’ll take the same. You’re sandwiched between the vines and the pond.

EXP: +20
avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:59 pm

Aritmus let out a snarl as the barbaric spear slipped through his chain shirt parting his sun kissed flesh.  

The warmth of blood, rich and red streamed down his armpit, the sensation invoking a primal fire in his gut. It urged him to heedless actioned, to unleash furious rage on the wide eyed guppy. It's vacant expression was an insult. The tickle of razored thorns at his shins was a promised rebuke for callous advances.  The price for careless action would be paid for in his own blood.  

It often was.

Captain Delonde swallowed his fury and hardened his position working his feet deeper into the reddened soil. At the same time raised rough hewn torch and cool black rapier up into a pincer position driving each into it's fungus covered ribcage, plunging fire and Druchii Steel into it's wet and sallow flesh.

"Your life iz without meaning, it'z end will be zame"

He pushed hard with the blunt smouldering torch as he drew back his sword in a headlong driving lunge motion, a feined second strike with intent to create an opening for a more brutal advance.


1d20+ to hit
bonus action: expend swordsman dice to fient attack.    Next role against target made with advantage + 1d8 dmg


Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:59 pm

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 18

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Custer Thickett on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:52 pm

Custer smiles when the fishies turn to face Kellar and Artimus.  He yells at Dwan, "It worked!  Ya shadow turned em!"

Cuss quickly loads another volley, and takes aim for one of the fish engaged with Artimus.  The Captain looks to have one squared off, so Cuss loosed his shots on the other.
Natty 27 and a 23.

Cuss tries to remain focused on reloading while the buzzing sound consumes all others.  He yells out a frustrated complaint, "It's a horrible song, no?!?"



Last edited by Custer Thickett on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:52 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 8, 16

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 20, 19

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Kellar on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:08 am

Kellar felt the brambles growing around the outside of his boots and onto his armor. This isn't good. I need to... his thoughts trailed off as he heard the loud noise again piercing his ears. Orbaugh shook his little head at the noise, using a a tiny paw to try and get the ringing out. Orbaugh, can you identify where that's coming from? eeep! I try! It hurts! Perception Roll= 13+4= 17

Kellar turned his attention to the fish creature and whirled his lance skyward, following it as high as he could... Athletics Roll= 13+5= 18; Success! No Briar Damage!

At the apex of his leap, he looked down at the fish creatures and singled out one (Fish Two) for his diving attack (Lunging Attack)! Attack Roll= 13+6= 19; Success!; DMG= 8+6+5= 19! Kellar extended his lance downward and immediately sank his weight behind it, driving his lance into the waist of the fish creature. It's mouth moved silently, like gasping for air and shook violently with it's unblinking eyes, clawing at the gleaming lance running through it's flesh. Kellar landed with a mix of a THUD! and the snapping of brambles coming up from the ground.

Kellar hears Custer's remark and responds, Right! Not the best! Orbaugh's tracking down the source now! He turns to Dwan, Not the most ideal conditions to be fighting in, Master Dwarf! Kellar removes the lance from the fish creature and stows it on his back and draws a javelin and two lengths of chain in one smooth motion. I got a hook for your lips you bastards! Kellar shouts!

Actions:
Kellar does some serious damage with his lance, now he'll use his javelin to go fishing and yank fish faces across the brambles for added damage!
Orbaugh is trying to narrow in on the source of the sound.


Last edited by Kellar on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:22 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz.... and a number.)
avatar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 485
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Wisconsin

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:08 am

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 7, 13

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 13

--------------------------------

#3 'D8' : 5

--------------------------------

#4 'D20' : 13

--------------------------------

#5 'D6' : 6, 2

--------------------------------

#6 'D4' : 1, 3

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Osvald Hale on Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:30 pm

Cursing, Osvald circles a few paces along the tree line for a better firing position, levelling his bow as the creatures descend. He aims for a moment, but is forced to shift targets as the ground erupts in volatile thorns and fires off an arrow at one of the glistening monstrosities descending on Kellar! It impacts with a wet squelch, spurting a plume of dark ichor from the bowels of the beast.

As his bow string thrums, it harmonizes for a moment with the again growing buzz coming from the forest beyond. The sound quickly shifts discordant in tone to match Osvalds feeling of ill omen...

"Aye, Cuss--and I fear we're about to meet the singer!" He calls out, barely audible above the growing cacophony of combat and approaching noise.

As the blades of his friends clash sickeningly against scaled flesh and inerudite spears, Osvald tears his attention away to focus on the encroaching Hum.

=====

Bow attack on FSH1, Perception on the Buzzzzz.

Bow: 18 + 8 = 26 Crushed.
Per: 5 + 4 = 9 Not so Crushed.


Last edited by Osvald Hale on Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 268
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
41/41  (41/41)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:30 pm

The member 'Osvald Hale' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 18

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 5

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Dwan Bolduum on Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:03 pm

Success! Dwan thinks as he sees the fish-men halt in their tracks.  Dwan slips his scepter back in his belt loop and sees that the fish-men have turned their attention to Kellar and Artimus. Both are keeping a solid footing to avoid being damaged by the thorns.   He watches as Kellar leaps and strikes awkwardly at the fish-men.

I may be harming us more than them.  Letting go of his concentration the thorns turn brittle and start to break into smaller twigs.  Some of these blow away in the wind, others just fall and become lost in the forest floor.

Following up Kellar's strike Dwan extends his free hand and cries releasing a stream of poison  at the fishman. The liquid spray rolls down the scales of the beast and does not penetrate the flesh.

========================================

Dwan breaks his concentration on the spike growth spell, removing the difficult and damaging terrain.

Dwan casts his Poison Spray cantrip at fishman 2 (Const Save 17 +2 = 19 no damage)


Last edited by Dwan Bolduum on Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 224
Join date : 2015-01-29

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
57/57  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:03 pm

The member 'Dwan Bolduum' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 17

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Ao on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:27 pm

The acrid smell of rot sloshes through the air as the fish-men fight back furiously, hissing through their gills as their empty eyes betray their witless brutality.

The two flanking Artimus chitter amidst the growing hum from the forest, thrusting their spears forward in haphazard blows to find purchase upon the blond sailor.

Artimus’ torch sputters and smokes in their faces, as he swings it through the air to ward them.

[Two attacks vs. Artimus (one at disadvantage, for the torch remark), Hit & Hit!]

The spears blur through the air as the vicious creatures drool venomous slobber from their agape mouths. An incomprehensible gibbering accompanies their strikes - somewhere between a laugh and a scream.

Artimus nearly sidesteps them both, but his feet betray him upon a stray root, and suddenly the two filthy weapons are dragging across his torso and cutting deep into his flesh.

[Artimus, 16 damage total!]

Blood pours forth from their incisions, staining the speartips as the monsters gibber in delight.

[…]

Osvalds boots squish in the mud, loosing his arrows and keeping an eye to the forestry.

The bizarre insectoid humming increases, and his senses seem to betray him at every turn. Looking into the mire.

Suddenly, the pseudodragon chitters into Kellar’s mind -

[[Master! Something coming! From there!]]

As Kellar works his way through the clearing, thrusting with his spear, he steals a glance at the northern section of the forestry.

Suddenly, from out of the shadow canopy a pair of dull, milky eyes emerge in Artimus’ torchlight. They are followed by another, and another. In just a moment, the clearing’s edge is teeming with movement as the insectoid buzzing increases.

Before you, you can see the shambling forms of a dozen or more grey-skinned, humans - their hair hanging dirtily about their shoulders and their hideously wracked forms moving awkwardly through the mud. Their jaws are slackened, the sickening buzzing emanating from their open mouths as the same vacant expression occupies their faces.

But even more horrifying are the enormous patches of red fungus that grow out over their tongues and teeth, bursting forth from their jawlines and down into their ragged, disgusting garments. They lumber forward like the dead, their eyes lusting hungrily as they extent their shrivelled arms out before them…

Kellar turns back to the assailing fish-men just in time to see two spears jutting forth, splitting the air around him.

[Two fish-men vs. Kellar, Miss & Miss!]

He parries the blows easily, turning about to see the creatures from the clearing spilling out in dire numbers….

Cecil screams, back-pedalling into Shorjahl, and causing a spell to go astray and fizzle in the fetid night air...

=======================

Ok guys - 30 feet to the north, from the tip of the clearing, the unclean masses of fungus-encrusted farmers shamble towards you.

There are still four fish-men standing, fighting actively with Artimus and Kellar.

The shambling townsfolk are moving at a rapid pace. They’ll be upon Kellar by next turn (though thanks to Orbaugh, not this turn)

Kellar is the furthest north, then Cuss and Dwan are a bit southeast of him near the rancid pond, and atriums/shorj/osvald slightly southwest near the clearing’s edge.

If you’re firing upon the horde of farmers, their AC is 12 and they only have one hit-point each. If you slay 5 of them, it will be enough to slow them down to half their speed (buying you a bit of time) as they shamble over the fallen.

EXP: +20
avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Osvald Hale on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:38 pm

Without Hesitation, Osvald nocks another arrow and takes aim at the shambling figures in one fluid motion.

He mumbles a quiet prayer, chooses the centermost of the grotesque horde, and lets his arrow fly--as it is loosed from his bow, it seems to shimmer with a strange ethereal light...

(Damn dice! Will update based on fumble results from Ao.... )

=====

Firing an arrow magically imbued with Hail of Thorns. All enemies within 5 ft. of the impact take 1d10 dmg on a successful dex save, half as much on a fail. So, with 1hp, any within range are auto-k.o.'d...

EDIT: Well, fuck. Epic move turned into epic fumble...

Ao; spell lasts one minute, so as long as you don't rule this fumbled arrow hitting another creature, It will go off on my next ranged attack.


Last edited by Osvald Hale on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 268
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
41/41  (41/41)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:38 pm

The member 'Osvald Hale' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 1

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:38 am

Spears flew through the pluming smoke, haphazard hollow thrusts, still their meaning was well heard. Artimus Staggered as the pikes pierced his skin.

Harpooned by lumbering fishmen.

He cursed himself for using such a mindful technique on such mindless creatures, like speaking poetry to a rock. It was not the tool for the job.

The Mariner lashed out with a swipe, cutting into the fish's ample belly, soft flesh barely resisting the slice *Crit*. Artimus felt the punishing roots push back on his legs, keeping him standing before falling loosely away.

Holding the torch high Artimus looked to Kellar at his left. a freshly gutted foe at his feet had  Kellar had fixed his fixed his gaze through the smoking embers of the light.

Artimus followed his gaze to the dozen pallid shifting forms that emerged from the reddened wood. A grim horror took seed, this unnatural place was piercing through his psyche. The otherwordly crawling fungus, the sickening stench of the earth, the colorless formation of men, like crew of a scuttled vessel rising from a too early grave.

"Zhis place iz curzed Mon amie"  Captain Delonde shouted over the din of the growing buzz.

Pacing two steps to his left  Artmius' Shoulder met Kellars "' La maladie rouge' ... The Red plague haz taken the forezt.  I do not pretend to know what zhiz malady iz, but my zenze is we'd do well not to ztay here.

Artimus readied his blade as the fishmen advances slowly

Zhe Zea iz not far... zhe Cloakwood givez way to the Zword coast... Zhat way I zhink."

Artimus offers motioning (navigation)


=============================================
1d20+5 to hit natural 20 (25) Critical
1d8+6 +1d8 for fien +1d8 for crit.
second wind regains 7hp
Artimus took a good shot and naturally thinks of the sea as a path of escape.


Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:23 am; edited 6 times in total
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:38 am

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 20

--------------------------------

#2 'D8' : 7, 5

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Custer Thickett on Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:38 am

Cuss looks up from his loaded bows to see Cecil stumble back into Shorjahl and tumble to the ground as the mage's spell sputtered.  Custer felt fury burn at the tips of his ears.  That cowardly bastard!  

Cuss marched forward towards Cecil, taking aim at the two fish toying with his Cormyrian friend as his unnaturally boot covered feet stomped brittle brambles aside.  He easily shot a bolt into each one's flank.  One took it through its rotted head and collapsed in brief seizure.  The other, nearly gutted, took it deep in a gill, yet it stood with spear in hand.

[OOC: miss-posted and rolled in lair.]
26 and 16

Cuss yells at Cecil as he walks forward and tries to quickly reload. "Get up and fight, boy!"

======

Cuss is going to march toward Cecil, but will stop 10 feet short of fish still standing.

Readied Reaction: Uncanny Dodge


Last edited by Custer Thickett on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *nearly gutted)
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Kellar on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:03 pm

Kellar sized up the fish creature in front of him while holding his javelin and looked at the encroaching mob of farmers. Orbaugh, attack that remaining fish monster by Artimus, I'll handle this one! Be right back, Master! Orbaugh said as he dashed down Kellar's leg and ran toward the haggard looking fish creature! Orbaugh approached, scurrying over fading brambles and snapped his little tail around to sting it in the eye! Attack Roll= 20+3= 23;Critical Success! DMG= 4+4= 8!

Kellar used his javelin like a spear and thrust it toward the fish creature. Attack Roll= 6+5= 11; failure! The javelin did not have the reach of the lance and abruptly ended just short of the fish creature's face, making it lean back slightly off balance. Kellar crouched low and leapt away from the fish creature and the incoming farmers to form a tighter grouping with his comrades.

Kellar landed with a crunch on the fading brambles, stowed his javelin and chains and readied his shield and battle axe. More incoming, form up! Cecil, quit crying, listen to Custer! he ordered.

Artimus, you're right, shouldn't stay here long, maybe double back and help Cecil find his bearing, he said to Artimus while looking at the advancing enemies...


Last edited by Kellar on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
avatar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 485
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Wisconsin

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:03 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 20

--------------------------------

#2 'D4' : 1

--------------------------------

#3 'D20' : 6

--------------------------------

#4 'D20' : 3

--------------------------------

#5 'D20' : 20

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Ao on Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:40 pm

The ravening horde bursts from the treeline, their shambling limbs scraping against the tree cover as they squeeze between the warped branches and twisted trunks, grovelling and twitching with a bestial hunger.

Osvald consolidates the sights of his bow before firing, but just as he lets go the drawstring, the fish-warrior tangling with Artimus stumbles, kicking a club of mud and rock up into his arm.

The ranger curses instantly, watching as his arrow sails far to the right - right towards Kellar…

[Osvald attack vs. Kellar… DM roll…

The arrow sails through the air toward Kellar, its bristling head cutting a razor-thin line over the bridge of his nose as it sails past him into the crowd of malignant fungus-men.

…misses]

He watches as the arrow breaks along the front rank, sending an explosion of thorns amidst the rotting, convulsing corpses.

Immediately, the shambles are torn to shreds, the force of the explosion sending gore and fungal spores into the air in a fleshy shower. The heavy stumps of arms and torsos collapse wetly upon the ground, sending the clambering bodies behind them toppling over.

The buzzing intensifies.

Groans echo out across the clearing, as the dogpile of bodies begins to crawl over itself, reeking of fungus and rot, a blathering mass of hungering monsters…

The two remaining fish-men stare back at their sloth-like army, and from the corners of their wet, sticky lips - you can nearly sense a smile.

They turn back toward you, holding their spears high and charging back at you mindlessly.

[Fish-man vs. Artimus, hit]
[3 damage]

The haphazard strike cuts into Artimus again, the stinking breath of the assailant hot on his flesh.

[Fish-man vs. Kellar, hit!]
[11 damage]

As Kellar leaps, the fish-like monster seizes an opening in his stance, pushing the spear through into his upper thigh. Pain screams through his limbs as the weapon creates an enormous gash. As Kellar lands, fire burns through his leg, sending him stumbling…

Through the slaughter, the buzzing reaches a fever pitch. Now, the shambling mass of encrusted farmers spills over itself onto the muddied ground, the creatures righting themselves and charging toward you…

=======================

OK guys, if you’re fleeing (as Kellar related you might), then I need athletics checks from the whole group (will take successes of the majority and compare vs. the horde behind you. If you don’t run this turn, they’ll be upon you. If you do run this turn (AKA, take a double move and don’t attack), you’ll be experiencing some AoO from those fish-men as they charge after you with the horde.

Let me know!

(Sorry I had to get my post up early today or it wouldn't get up. Dwan uyou can take the XP if you would like buddy, and a double attack if you wish also)

EXP: +20
avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Osvald Hale on Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:32 pm

Osvald sees the strange fungal growths spew forth clouds of obfuscating spores where they're impacted by the rain of thorns...

"Move back! Don't breath in that cloud! he calls out--readying another arrow--but awaiting the others actions.

=====

Spores = bad.
avatar
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 268
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
41/41  (41/41)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Dwan Bolduum on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:45 pm

Dwan rushes past Kellar towards the horde of walkers.  He points an open palm towards the prone fish-man and releases a stream of focused poison at the creature.  

**Dwan casts Posion Spray  vs Const +2
15+2 17 miss**

RUN! He cries out towards the rest of the group.  Once the last of the poison has left Dwan's hand he claps it into his other hand.  

Dwan casts thunderwave once he has entered the group.

**13 damage and knocked back 10 feet if fails constitution save of 13, else half damage**
========================================
Dwan casts poison spray and then thunder wave to attempt to slow the horde.
Dwan will try to avoid Kellar with his thunderwave (15 ft cube around Dwan)  if it doesn't involve surrounding himself with walkers.  If he does hit him Sorry, Kellar.

OOC: Sorry about the short post, just working on my final paper of the semester.


Last edited by Dwan Bolduum on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 224
Join date : 2015-01-29

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
57/57  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:45 pm

The member 'Dwan Bolduum' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 15

--------------------------------

#2 'D8' : 6, 7

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Kellar on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:03 pm

Kellar flies through the air, he sees Osvald loose an arrow in his direction. What in-!! he shouted as the arrow flew straight toward him. He tilted his head and twisted his body as best he could to avoid it. The arrow cut across the bridge of his nose and blood flowed from it in a fanned pattern. His right leg gave way as he landed, shooting pain from his spear wound. Kellar staggers as he limps next to the group, he feels his leg as the smooth blue blood oozes out. He looks up at Dwan as the dwarf runs past him. Run! Kellar moves to ready his lance as Dwan throws poison from his hand toward the fish creature closest to him.

Dwan clapped his hands together and a thunderous wave hit Kellar without warning! Constitution Roll= 7; failure! He flew back past his comrades, nearly hitting Cecil as he landed on his back. His ears rang, he felt blood come from them and even more from his nose. He slammed his fists into the ground and he stood up, enraged. Kellar targeted the nearest fish creature with his lance and screamed as he charged toward it. Attack Roll= 20+6= 26; Critical Success! DMG= 27! Reroll'd in Lair (Fighter Ability)

The fish creature's glossy black eyes watching unblinkingly as Kellar's lance drove through it's chest! Kellar's face came close to the fish creature's face and Kellar screamed, SI SVENT WUX! (translated: I kill you!) He turned away from the fish creature, half dragging the dead fish, half letting it slide from his lance slowly. Keep together! Cover Dwan, we're almost out of this, Kellar said to his comrades.


Last edited by Kellar on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
avatar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 485
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Wisconsin

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:03 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 3

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 20

--------------------------------

#3 'D6' : 1, 1

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Custer Thickett on Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:36 pm

Custer stows his bows as he twist, ducks, and circles the fish entangled in melee with Artimus.  Cuss darts to Cecil and Shorjahl.  He kicks the boy upon the ground, and offers him an outstretched arm, "Get up! We move, now, no?"  

As Cuss leans back to pull at Cecil's arm, he looks up to Shorjahl, and says, "Do something, yeah?"

[Athletics -1]
2

=====

Cuss uses his Cunning Action to disengage before double moving.  He stops only to help Cecil get up and scold Shorjahl for not already having turned the zombies into paste.


Last edited by Custer Thickett on Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:36 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 3

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:12 pm

Twisted trunks and malformed branches marked the marred wood. The Malformed forest had given birth to these twisted creatures and fallen men, or was it the reverse. Their unnatural jerking motions told the tale of their haunting existence.  As Artimus eyed the mass of sickening limbs he could not get a clear count, in that there was a clear accounting… there were too many to handle here.

An arrow... perhaps a stray arrow pushed from its indented flight, flew past Kellar and Artimus nearly striking the Dragoon and passing uncomfortably close to the Mariner, landing in the horde of shambling men. It detonated with an unexpected fervor, sending sanguine pith and soft bone riddled flesh in all directions.

A quick thanks whispered under the Mariner’s breath to the Lady of Silver.

“Perhapz zhiz is zhe right time for a tactical retreat.  Let uz fall back 50 yards and zee how well they follow.  By zhe look of zhem, the unfortunate mermen will track better than the ozherz.  Once we dispatch zhem, a place to funnel zhe ozher would be a ideal spot…”
Artimus looked to Kellar to synchronize their regress; the mariner signaled his readiness with a nod.

-------------------------------

OOC Pretty post to come
here's the jist.

lets falls back with a double move, and kill the fish men next turn.   after that maybe we can draw the zombies into a narrow spot.

double move

athletics 11


Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:03 am; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  DiceMaster on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:12 pm

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 7

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Three

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum