Chapter Two

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The muck that moved in the mine

Post  DiceMaster on Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:21 pm

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 17

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Ao on Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:07 pm

[Dwan nature check results]

As Dwan stares up at the beast, he can see plainly that it is an Otyugh. Foul, fierce, and relentless, Dwan had seen a handful during his time with the Gold Army. They were nasty things, that dwelt in the dark, rolling in styes of the most putrid filth... And emerging to feast when their offal ran dry...

Dwan knows that Otyughs will grapple their prey with their two massive stalk-arms, crushing the life out of them.

Old Joe rears up, crossbow bolts slamming into the beast, as Kellar puts a hold around its great maw...

[Old Joe str check to avoid grapple = passed]

The Otyugh bucks Kellar free easily, tossing the fighter backward. It gnashes its teeth in contempt, flailing is whiplike arms about.

[Old Joe con check to avoid falling unconscious = passed]

[Old Joe bite vs Kellar = miss]
The beast lunges, snapping its teeth at Kellar furiously. The filthy maw sprays sewage in his face, but the fighter manages to avoid the foot-long fangs as they clack down loudly.

[Old Joe, tentacle vs Kellar = hit!]
Old Joe brings his tentacle back, flailing it down upon Kellar. The concussive blow knocks him hard in the gut, buckling the fighter, as the serrated ends of the vinelike whips cut through his plating.

[11 damage to Kellar!]

The tentacles grip around him tightly, and suddenly the breath leaves your lungs as Old Joe lifts Kellar into the air and whips him around.

[Kellar is automatically grappled, DC 13 str check to escape on your turn]

[Old Joe, tentacle vs Dwan = hit!]
Without missing a beat, the beast brings its bludgeoning appendage down upon the wolf, wrapping tightly around your midsection. You can feel your ribs crack under the pressure, stars forming in your eyes as Old Joe whips you up off the cobbles and into the air...

[13 damage to Dwan!]

[Dwan is automatically grappled, DC 13 str check to escape on your turn]

Old Joe rears up on his hind leg, batting at the remainder of the party with his front two. He gnashes in the air, buckling his tentacles back and preparing to smash Kellar and Dwan into the cobbles....


================

Ok guys! Artimus is right in front of old Joe. Ara is back with custer (15 ft). Shorjahl a little further back.

Dwan and Kellar, you must save vs your grapples or be grappled this turn.

Exp: +30 for total party post!
avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Custer Thickett on Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:35 pm

Custer starts to make a clever comment to Artimus, but feels the loaded bow he is holding to his chest with his chin start to slip when he opens his mouth.  He finishes the loading of the other bow, then lets the bow there fall free.  He catches it with his free left hand as he is leveling K'Tesh's bow in his right.  Just as he is about to squeeze the release, he notices the bolt he had laid in the flight groove was the poisoned one he had marked for Artimus in his brief fit of rage.  Cuss smiles and adjust his wrist very slightly, and lets the quarrel fly as he is bringing his left arm up to do the same.  

[Firing two more shots with advantage and chance of sneak attack damage.  One is +5 and the other +6.  Forgot K'Tesh's bow is a +1.  Will adjust damage from last round with damage in this round.]
25 and 21

As Artimus steps up in front of Old Joe, a bolt whistles past his ear, close enough for him to feel the movement of the air around it.  It again slams into the gaped maw of the beast with a squish, quickly followed by another bolt.

After firing, Custer immediately sticks his left crossbow back under his chin and goes to work expertly reloading K'Tesh's bow with his fast hands.  This time, he kneels both for better focus on the task and to give Shorjahl a better line on the beast from behind him.  

=============

Two more hand crossbow attacks.  Loving crossbow expert.  
No movement except to kneel.

Not re-rolling my 1 because I would have to take the next roll.  Keeping the 19.

Old Joe needs to make a Constitution Save DC10 or take 3 poison damage.
Being poisoned, he rolls attacks and checks at disadvantage.


Last edited by Custer Thickett on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  DiceMaster on Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:35 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 19, 1

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 16, 9

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Kellar on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:09 pm

Kellar saw the jaws of "Old Joe" come down toward him, he leaned back out of the way with ease. In the movement, Kellar was caught with a thunderous clunk and sounds of small tears in his armor as "Old Joe" hit him with its tentacle!

WHUFFF! was all Kellar could get out as his feet left the ground...

He felt the vine-arm wrap around him tightly and it began to squeeze!

Kellar's eyes squinted narrow as he focused his thoughts, Orbaugh, strike at his arm, use your sting again! I try Master! I try! Orbaugh Attack Roll= 1d20+4= 18 ;DMG= 1d4+2= 5

Kellar waited for Orbaugh to act before drawing his breath down to shrink his frame within "Old Joe's" grip, and then attempted to exert his strength and power in his arms and legs outward to break free! Athletics Check= 1d20+7= 27

Try that again you Viney Bastard, shouted Kellar, as he stood again at the front of "Old Joe" ready to attack him again with his Battle Axe!

Kellar felt the blood seep slightly from his body as he stood against "Old Joe." Master! You hurt! Orbaugh save you! Yes you did, my fierce little dragon!

Actions:
Orbaugh helped Kellar escape by stinging "Old Joe" in what he thinks are his "knuckles" to make him drop Kellar. As before, CON save 11 to not be poisoned, fail at 5 or worse, and "Old Joe" is unconscious.
Kellar broke free like a Boss against "Old Joe" and stands steadfast in front of him, ready to attack again. OOC: I forewent the Reaction of Parry because you wrote a pretty awesome combat scene AO! It wouldn't fit narratively, even if mechanically it was alright.


Last edited by Kellar on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:18 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz... and numberz, ah ah ah)
avatar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 485
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Wisconsin

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  DiceMaster on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:09 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 14

--------------------------------

#2 'D4' : 3

--------------------------------

#3 'D20' : 20

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:29 am

Artimus heard the cruel crunch of bone and metal armour shifting and scratching,  his fresh compatriots in the grasp of this meligned mucilage. He flew into action, the pang of guilt fresh like the flight of his first arrow. In this moment the justification of his actions were overshadowed by stench before him.

Artimus strode manfully with intent to cut Kellar and Dwan from the squigy grip of old joe,  He was into his third pace when--

*SPLARMBS!*  

A thunderous wet explosion sent muck flying, coating the understreet tunnel as Kellar erupted from the conflaguration of vile excretion.

Kellar was now in a free fall into the area Artimus himself was heading.

Seeing the armoured man's decent the mariner dashed forth, his boots now clomping like a draft horse. Artimus, mid canter, dropped into a hip slide towards the puce abomination, the greasy cobbles giving little resistance against his breeches.

Passing under the monstrocity Artimus gazes up at the horrible nether regions and for a moment regreted his birth, life and his chosen path. The visual debt already paid Artimus took his due, slashing one leg, then other, cutting at the mire of sludge and clay where he imagined a joint would be.

As he slid to a halt thankfully on the other side of the filthy creature he kicked at the closest appendage with all his might hoping to topple the beast.


=======================================


1d20 +3 acrobatics to slide under the creature, 16 (assumed pass)
1d20 to hit,  17+3 20  attack expending a swordsman die (3 remaining) to initiate a trip attack.
DC15 Dex to prevent being knocked prone


Luck feat to add another d20 to attack  1 luck roll remaining


Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:22 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : I 've edited the prose to be readable, apologies for missing words, incorrect tenses, and general poor editing)
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  DiceMaster on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:29 am

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 13, 7, 10

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Osvald Hale on Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:22 pm

Osvald opens his mouth to call something out and is immediately splattered with a shower of refuse as Kellar explodes free from the monsters crushing grip.

'Ugh...'

Spitting out a mouthful of the tepid, disgusting liquid, he squints open one befouled eye and fires another arrow into the beast, now shuddering under the flurry of attacks from his companions.

=====

Gross! Another arrow!

6+8=14 hit!


Last edited by Osvald Hale on Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 268
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
41/41  (41/41)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  DiceMaster on Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:22 pm

The member 'Osvald Hale' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 6

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Shorjahl on Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:58 pm

Shorjahl wants to ensure that Ara's helpful companion isn't brought into the disgusting water, even if the aberration is wailing in its demise. He concentrates the energies from his bracer into each of his finger tips, coalescing into a single dense projectile of energy in front of his hand. With a grunt he pushes the bullet forward, which zips toward the beast's flailing tentacle crushing the wolf.

---------------------------------------------

Rolling cantrip attack at disadvantage, as discussed with Ao.

Nat 1, miss.


Last edited by Shorjahl on Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 227
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 12
Health:
24/24  (24/24)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  DiceMaster on Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:58 pm

The member 'Shorjahl' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 1, 10

--------------------------------

#2 'D10' : 3

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Dwan Bolduum on Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:35 pm

Dwan tosses the arm out to his side and turns towards the Otyugh just in time to see the tentacle wrap around his torso.

The stench of the creature flares up in his nostrils, his enhanced senses overwhelmed to the point where he barely notices his paws leave the ground.  I've got a bad feeling about -

A-Wwwwwooooo-- As he feels his ribs break Dwan becomes blinded by the pain, he can feel his organs tear as they are being pushed away from the tentacle and into his broken ribs. His vision starts to come back, the tunnel doesn't appear so dark anymore; his armor keeping the tentacle from crushing his body.

--eeeeeeaaaaaaaaaarrrhhhhhh.  GET OFF! Dwan's fingers  take hold of the tentacle wrapped around his armor, his hands deftly grasp the end of the tentacle and pulls struggling to force his way out.   His muzzle loses its hair and pushes inward to form a bulbous nose, his mane morphs to form thick braids that nestled in his unkempt beard.

The pain and sudden transformation confuse Dwan's senses, he doesn't even realize that the creature is dying.

--STRENGTH CHECK 11+1 =12 fail--

Falling towards the ground, Dwan finds it difficult to get any momentum behind the movement and he remains trapped.

============================================

Due to the health of his wolf form reaching 0 Dwan is forced into transforming back to his Dwarf form.

He tries to break free from the grip but fails miserably.


Last edited by Dwan Bolduum on Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 224
Join date : 2015-01-29

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
57/57  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  DiceMaster on Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:35 pm

The member 'Dwan Bolduum' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 11

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Ao on Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:49 pm

Old Joe crashes into the ground, his gaping maw slack jawed as the mariner cuts through his undercarriage.

A disgustingly foul smell dominates your nose, the stench of Old Joes stomach spilling out onto the cobbles making your eyes water.

The beast twitches for a moment, the three eyes on its back-stalk staring coldly at you as the life leaves them.

Ara stares at the mess of creature, his mouth agape. He looks down at the crossbow in his hand, and then to where a dwarf now stands, where once there was a wolf...

================
Ok guys old Joe is dead!

Ara gains proficiency in crossbows!

+300 experience to all of you
+30 experience for a full party post

Dwan is now a dwarf. Deal with that, for sure. But also let me know how you'd like to continue through the sewer (or turn around?)

Ao
avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Kellar on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:39 pm

Kellar relaxes his Battle Axe and lowers his shield as he sees "Old Joe" shake and shudder until it collapses under it's own weight. He stows his Axe and replaces his shield on his back and moves to pick up Artimus, who lay on the ground, covered in muck, among other foul things.

Orbaugh, what can you see?

Kellar extends a hand to Artimus and lifts him to his feet... Master! It Kilik! Kilik! Kellar's head snaps around in the darkness.

Kilik?!? he said out loud, as he stepped toward the dwarf laying on the ground, under what remained of "Old Joe."

Master Dwarf? What in hells... he trailed off as he got a look at the pinned down dwarf. You're not Kilik! Who are you? Where's that wolf, he said alarmingly.

You boy, Ara, where's that wolf. Answer me, be quick, he said to Ara, without taking his eyes off the new dwarf who was not Kilik.

Not Kilik, my fierce dragon. Kellar could feel the sadness in Orbaugh's mind, and shared that feeling...

Kellar removed his Battle Axe from its hanger and he raised it over the mysterious dwarf's head. State your name Dwarf, what happened to the wolf, be true as my Axe, or you might be a bit shorter when I'm done, he said with an even tone.

Actions:
If Dwan replies with his name and states what he's doing with the group, he'll bring the Axe down and chop the dead vine-arm of "Old Joe" and help him to his feet.
If Dwan doesn't reply, Kellar will remain steadfast with his Axe raised, waiting for input from the others.
After the Dwan business is settled, Kellar will examine "Old Joe's teeth and depending on Nature Roll, will either remove and keep them, or leave them as they are. Nature Roll= 18+1= 19; Success?


Last edited by Kellar on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
avatar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 485
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Wisconsin

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  DiceMaster on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:39 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 18

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Custer Thickett on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:00 am

Custer finishes loading K'Tesh's bow and then drops the unloaded bow from his chin, catching it with his left hand. He begins to stick the loaded bow under his chin, but notices Old Joe's collapsing as Artimus slides underneath, cutting and disappearing on the other side of the collapsing beast. Custer lowers the bow, and uses a finger on his left hand to pull his scarf down to yell out, worried the Captain might be crushed. "Artimus! Are, are ya HURP!" The putrid smell of the severed belly overtakes him, and Cuss doubles over, dry heaving in pain. "Huurp!" He turns away from the scene and stumbles to brace himself against the wall, once again. "Huuurp!"
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Dwan Bolduum on Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:52 am

Of course I've not been killed, Master Dragon Tamer, I've saved your life. Me name is Dwan, and I'll have no more of your nonsense... threatening one who's incapacitated, it's beneath you; I pegged you for a better man.

Dwan's surety falters for a quick instant as he sees the muscles tense up in Kellar's arm as he bring the axe down quickly mere inches from his head, and severing the tentacle pinning Dwan down. A smile of relief creeps across Dwan's face as he grabs Kellar's hand firmly and takes the assistance up to his feet.

Me thanks. Nasty things Otyugh, the smell is hardly the worst of it. I've seen one of these... Anger clouds over Dwan's face as he spits at the corpse abominations tear a dwarf clean in two like he was twig. I bet your happy it grabbed me now.

Dwan looks over at the Ara and sees the disbelief in his eyes, and even a little fear, though he is uncertain if this is from the transformation, the Otyugh, or Kellar's questioning.  

Now don't be bothering the boy anymore, he knew nothing of me true from.

Assuming that more of the party gathers Dwan will turn to look towards the group.   Now I know us chit chatting is probably high up on your priorities, who could just ignore such a pretty face, OOC: It's not but don't we have some business to attend to at the docks? Judging from the men we hid from earlier, it seems like our window of opportunity is getting smaller with every moment we waste.

He looks towards Ara. Go on, lead the way boy. I'll be right behind you.

---Sneak for when the party starts moving 7+0=7---
=============================

Dwan gets up and gives a quick introduction in hopes of placating the party. It seems like it doesn't take much to have them go from 0 to full battle.
Dwan is suggesting that the party continue moving and have Ara lead them towards their destination.
Dwan will answer more questions along the way if they pop up.
Sneak of 7 for the next set of movement. (Strangely stealthier than his wolf form, but definitely nothing to go writing home about)


Last edited by Dwan Bolduum on Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 224
Join date : 2015-01-29

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
57/57  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  DiceMaster on Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:52 am

The member 'Dwan Bolduum' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 7

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Custer Thickett on Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:17 pm

Cuss pushes away from the wall and wipes some spittal from his mouth with his sleeve.  He cocks back the arms on the unloaded bow and stows it in one of his hip holsters, then pulls the scarf up overs his mouth again.  He uses his now free hand to pinch his nose to avoid the smell, and turns back to the scene.  

Observing Kellar holding hands and exchanging words with a nasty dwarf, Cuss opens his mouth and questions with a high pitched, squeaking voice, "Did that come out of the thing?"  He narrows his eyes to get a better look at the dwarf in the low light of the tunnel, and points at him with his loaded bow.  "Are ya a Cyricist or a Shadow?"

[Rolling stealth for when we move. +7]
9


Last edited by Custer Thickett on Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  DiceMaster on Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:17 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 2

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Osvald Hale on Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:41 pm

Osvald watches the horrid beast spasm and shudder as the swashbuckler slides beneath it, spilling its entrails into the soup of filth. When the smell hits him, he raises a sleeve to his face, choking and gagging.

"Death and damnation! The insides smell worse than the outside looks." He gasps, turning against the wall with Cuss and heaving alongside the halfling.

With his free hand, he scoops away the brownish muck from his face, the smell makes him retch his breakfast into the gutters.

"Ugh..." chokes the ranger, "Apologies friends... Gods, that was disgu--" He stops short as he turns to face a diminutive dwarf where the Wolf once stood. "I..." He begins again, just as Kellars Axe comes down in a flash "--Wa!" He starts to cry but the axe swings wide severs the tentacle.

Instinctively, the rangers hand slides slowly toward his blade, but he stops himself as the dwarf begins to speak. 'After all, the wolf had thrown himself into the maw of that beast.' Osvald considered.

"Well, we'd pegged you for a dog, dwarf. Pardon if we're wound a little tight. We've had a... trying stay in Esmelteran." Says Osvald, straightening but still holding a sleeve to his mouth against the smell.

...

(Once Dwan has introduced himself & the others as satisfied with this.)

My name is Osvald." (Here, Osvald waits for the other to introduce them selves, if they choose to do so.) "Honestly lads, pleasantries aside, let's get away from this rotten stench--I fear I'll smell it in my leather for weeks as is.'"

=====

Osvald will resume his position up front with Ara, and ask Cuss to join them as they approach the tunnel exit so Cuss can get his bearings on the docks and advise on the best method of attack.

Stealth: 11

Perception: 20


Last edited by Osvald Hale on Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 268
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
41/41  (41/41)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  DiceMaster on Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:41 pm

The member 'Osvald Hale' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 5

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 16

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Shorjahl on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:48 pm

Shorjahl's face is a litany of emotions and gesticulations - the cold focus of battle, the satisfaction and horror at the beast's evisceration, the subsequent disgust at the stench, and then surprise and confusion at the sudden appearance of the dwarf. He'd seen the creature shapeshift, and knew of some in the Arcanum that had spoken of similar magic abilities... that would explain why the wolf seemed so intelligent, and so keyed to the boy.

If what Ara said was true, and that he knew nothing of the wolf, then that meant the wolf's - the [i]dwarf's/[i] Shorjahl corrected himself - heart was in the right place, and more than likely could be trusted.

Shorjahl steps forward, his bracer illuminating the scene fully - then drops it as he floats a single pebble that lights up with a cold, silvery glow. "Osvald's right, we can discuss later." As they begin to move, Shorjahl looks over the dwarf, and if he makes eye contact gives him a stern nod with a polite smile. If introduced, he'll simply say "Shorjahl, pleased." As a brief introduction.  

-------------------------

Stealth 19


Last edited by Shorjahl on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 227
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 12
Health:
24/24  (24/24)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  DiceMaster on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:48 pm

The member 'Shorjahl' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 17

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Kellar on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:47 pm

Kellar hears Little One's squeaky question and replies, the wolf is gone and now here he stands. I don't think he came from inside that... thing.

I won't waste time apologizing for raising my Axe over your head. Things haven't been what they've seemed since we arrived, he said to Dwan.

Name's Kellar, he said curtly and wandered toward "Old Joe's" maw. These should do nicely, he whispered as he used the underside of his Axe to pull the teeth forward and down, freeing them.

Kellar collects the long teeth and puts them in his pack for later. He stands again and follows the others. Orbaugh, same thing, keep an eye out for things in the dark.

Orbaugh cracked a tiny smile and looked back and forth, from his position on Kellar's shoulder.

Actions:
Kellar's stealth 11; Orbaugh's Perception 21


Last edited by Kellar on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rollz n Actionz)
avatar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 485
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Wisconsin

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  DiceMaster on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:47 pm

The member 'Kellar' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 8, 18

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Good ridance to bad rubish OR hair today dwarf tomorrow

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:37 pm

Artimus drew his glove hand and placed it firmly across his forehead, wiping slowly down to his chin, clearing the filth as best his could as a butcher does, dragging blade against his cutting block.

He flicked his wrist sending the rich Santorum to the cobbled earth.


"Aye Cuzz, I'm ztill alive, alzhough deazh would have been a kind releaze, non?

Artimus replied flatly through squinted eyes.

“ I may zmell even worze zhan you mon amie, What do you people eat in this town to make zuch a beazt?!"

Artimus quipped with a wink, disguising his surprise at the prickly Thicket’s genuine sounding concern.


The Mariner brought his water skin to his face and cleared the remain specks of muck from his face.

After Dwan has revealed himself.
=======

To Dwan

"Zhe Wolf you were makez zenze now zhat I zee zhe dwarf behind it. You're brave enough to be in zhe company of Kellar I do zhink,  and foolhardy enough to be in mine.

Zeeing zhat you bit zhat zhit-monzter, you probably would do well with a measure of drink. what you tazte now iz not victory..."


Artimus handed Dwan the water skin for a swig.

"J'm excuze my rash actionz mon amie..."

Artimus conceeded to Shorjal.

"I am uzed to being captain and zetting the courze, I'll be mindful of the group and .... how do you zay 'not ztomp on your foot'"?

The Mariner retrieved the too large crossbow from Ara's hands.


"C'est bien Ara, we'll need to find zomething your zize oui?  ztay cloze we’re leaving this place?"


Artimus motioned to the way forward and proceeded in the middle of the group as they moved ahead.

Stealth 1d20 +3


Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:57 pm; edited 5 times in total
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Good ridance to bad rubish OR hair today dwarf tomorrow

Post  DiceMaster on Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:37 pm

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 19

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Ao on Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:13 pm

[Kellar, Nature check]

Keller looks into Old Joe’s mouth, dislodging the disgusting teeth. He can see that they are hard bone, with disgusting pitting and rot pervading the gumline. But the teeth are strong.

The stench of the corpse burns in your nostrils long after you’ve left the scene of Old Joe’s demise…

[…]

You walk behind Ara through the winding tunnel, the cobbles newer and smoother. Ten minutes go by, and you find yourselves at a junction, with a wooden ladder rising up into a canal above.

Ara leads the way, pushing aside a sewer grate and escorting you up into a cold, wooden passageway. You can see light to the north, and the young boy guides you onward…

[…]

You emerge from the tunnels beneath the boardwalk of the docks. You’re standing on a small, narrow walkway, with the boardwalk overhead and the hulls of ships and deep blue water in your periphery.The smell of the sea reaches your nose, and you can hear myriad activity happening up above.

[Orbaugh/Osvald, Perception results:]

Osvald and Orbaugh spy a ladder close by, and they climb upon it, looking out over the dock ward…

Tall storehouses line the boardwalk, and a legion of looters and pillagers swarm the docks, loading wagons in a chaotic, frantic manner. Men and women run by, pulling weapons on each other, and ripping supplies off of other wagons while their own are being pilfered.

Simply walking across the boardwalk space looks treacherous, dangerous, and murderous.

Osvald keeps his eyes open, looking for the enormous four-master that the men in the tunnels were speaking of.

Indeed, he sees it, about 600 feet to the west. It is a proud galleon, with four triumphant masts decorated with the standard of some Esmeltaranian trade house.

But it is plain that its original patrons are not currently manning its docks. Four wagons are lined up before the gangplank, where no less than 10 men dressed in leather long-coats, with black bandanas about their faces, are supervising the loading.

A scrawny man, drunk and screaming, runs towards them, grabbing at some sheepskins atop a wagon. One of the longcoats steps forward without skipping a beat, and cuts him down with the flourish of a falchion.

Clearly, they must be shadow thieves, loading the preferred goods for themselves aboard the galleon.

[…]

As Osvald peers across the dock, Artimus espies a sight that nearly takes his breath away.

To the east, about 300 feet away, he can see it - trois pistoles

It flaps in the harbour, its twin sails half-raised. Upon her deck, ten men are swarming. They are laughing and carrying on, brandishing about bottles of half-drunk Sembian wine. One of them throws a bottle into the water, reaching in to a crate and uncorking another.

Alongside the schooner, two wagons are being unloaded into trois pistoles.

It is clear that they will be setting sail soon.

===============================

Ok guys, you’re under the boardwalk. I’ve attached a diagram.

Keep in mind, the boardwalk has erupted in chaos, so no matter which way you go you’ll need to specify how you plan on moving across without getting in to confrontation, or otherwise.

Trois pistole is being loaded and looted, and the galleon is in about the same state. Where are you headed?

Have a great weekend

EXP: +30 for total party post

avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Custer Thickett on Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:10 pm

[Dwan don't miss my question above.  Cyricist, or Shadow?]

Cuss pulls down his scarf as the sea breeze reaches his face.  He sticks out his chest and tilts his head back as he sucks in the crisp air, and lets out a pleasant sigh.  Using his one free hand, he reaches for his waterskin and tosses it back to take a swig, disappointed at what little stale water he has left.  He hadn't refilled it since arriving in town.  Cuss holds the skin above his head and shakes it while peering inside, as if to spy water stuck to the bottom.  "Oiy, is é an díchill an máthair éirí leat (diligence is the mother of good luck), and I have neither."

Cuss shoves the empty skin in his belt and retrieves his unloaded crossbow, cocking the legs and laying a bolt in the flight groove.  Once loaded, he hoist both bows up in each hand, ready for the task and hand.  He looks to Ara, "This be as far as ya goin, padfoot.  Won't be havin ya death on me conscious with the others."  Then, he looks at the others scanning the docks and boardwalk above.  "How bad is it?"


Last edited by Custer Thickett on Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Kellar on Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:41 am

Artimus, this seems to be your specialty. I'll defer to you, from what Orbaugh sees, there's a large ship to the West. Where's your ship, Kellar asked.

Kellar busied himself with a drink of water and shared with Orbaugh. He then grabbed part of a ration and ate some and popped a couple pieces into the air for Orbaugh to snap up. Need to keep our strength up, Orbaugh.

He then removed the two lengths of chain connected to the two javelins on his back, and instead linked all four chains together and hooked it to one javelin. Kellar coiled the chain back into the pouch just beneath his clockwork belt.

Kellar checked over the rest of his gear and tightened his boots and straps to his armor. I'm all ears for a strategy, ships aren't my thing, but point me in a direction and I'll be sure to do some fishing of my own, he said.

Actions:
Kellar will follow up the rear of the group toward whichever destination they choose. He's prepared one javelin and four links (80 ft) for a ranged attack, with the idea that if there's an assault toward a ship, he'd prefer to reduce numbers by fishing them from the sides of the ships.
OOC: It'd be a ranged attack, followed by a STR check to yank an enemy from their position into the water, with a javelin hole in their chest.
avatar
Kellar
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 485
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Wisconsin

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Custer Thickett on Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:25 am

When Custer hears Kellar say that he'll defer to Artimus, he decides to head up the ladder and get a look for himself.  He balances carefully as his hands are full.  While ascending, he butts in with "Does the large one to the west have four mast?  Are we gonna be sneaking onto it, or do ya want me to go talk to em?  Might be they'd let us on if I ask nicely, Cartel allies and all that."  

When Custer finally peaks his head out above the ladder, he whistles as he pivots his gaze for a panorama of the chaos on the boardwalk.  "How in all the hells are we supposed to be stoppin this?"
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A familiar beast

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:09 pm

Seeing the Trois Pistol under siege felt like a blade suddenly held to Artimus' throat and a straight shot to the gut....

-...Winded...-

The cool, jaunty expression melted away from Artimus' face. His jaw stiffened, rallying in the retreat of the smile that typically took perch on his chin. The musculature of his face tensed and his brow furrowed.

He felt a familiar warm rage rose up deep within his gut. Setting his chest aflame. It came so quickly, like a wild thing, suddenly aware that it is caged, which flings and bruises all its body at the bars, it rose, and raged. He searched his mind for the next action barely restraining an immediate all charge for his threatened vessel sword drawn and roaring.

Artimus breathed deeply remembering the lessons of his Uncle Salazar to a young and angry orphan.

"Your Rage can be an ally nephew, But it can alzo conzume you wholezale. Do not let your rage be like a runaway carriage trampling all in itz pazh. Let it be zhe wind zhat fillz your zailz, wizh a wize captain at zhe helm.  Let anger not plot your courze.”

Artimus turned to his fresh companions and spoke with an urgency that bordered on panic.

“When I took to zhe city’z defence I did not anticipate zhiz.Zhe ‘Toiz Piztol’ iz in Jeopardy along wizh it two men zhat I owe my life... and once more zomezhing greater... zomezhing I cannot zay, but it iz for zhe good of Amn. Zhere iz a invizible blade zhat hangz over uz all. “

I muzt act,

Zhere iz a zecret way onto zhe zhip on zhe achorzide, zhe zea zide, wizh handhold for zhoze who know where to look up to zhe anchor hatch.

Artimus explained hurriedly.

For zhoze of uz zhat can zwim we can take zhiz pazh,

Ozherz zhat prefer to ztay on dry land can approach from zhe dock.

Zhe Marauderz will find zhemzelvez zurrounded.

Once we have zhe zhip we can zet zail, or battle for zhe dockz, or whatever you chooze.

Zhoze zhat join me, I will be in your debt and muzt move now.

Artimus looks onto the group...

===========================================
Artimus entreats the group but will proceed ahead in moments.


Last edited by Artimus DeLonde on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:37 am; edited 4 times in total
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A familiar beast

Post  DiceMaster on Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:09 pm

The member 'Artimus DeLonde' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 3

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Dwan Bolduum on Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:51 am

"Are ya a Cyricist or a Shadow?"

I'm neither, Master Halfling. What a troubled place Amn must be if I must either be a gang member or a follower of the Prince of Madness. Me name is Dwan, and you can consider me an ally. Dwan holds out his hand to Custer.

After Custer shakes his hand, or once it becomes obvious that he will not, Dwan turns to the group and introduces himself by name to Osvald and Artimus, nodding to Sorjahl. Dwan takes a short swig from Artimus's skin, spits out the taste of Otyugh, and takes another for himself. Next time we share a drink, I'll make sure its something a bit stronger.

======================================

As the party exits the sewers Dwan takes a deep breath of air to clear his nostrils. I've smelled bad before but never like this.

Dwan gathers with the group to listen in on Kellar's report. He glances towards Artimus and sees that his is clearly bothered by the report.

Zhe ‘Toiz Piztol’ iz in Jeopardy along wizh it two men zhat I owe my life...

Dwan can feel the party readying itself for action. In moments this will be a war zone.

He slides out the polished tree branch that hung at his belt, the bark has been stripped and runes have been carved along the face, yet a few small branches are still growing from the top. He grabs for Artimus, We must act rationally. Are we planning on destroying the four master or capturing it? If destruction is what we have planned then I say we help Artimus first. But we cannot hope to take both ships at the same time.


====================================

Dwan introduces himself.
Dwan pulls out his scepter and prepares himself for battle.
Dwan grab's Artimus so that he stays to listen to any plan of action the party decides to take. Should Artimus decide to break the grip he can do so easily.
avatar
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 224
Join date : 2015-01-29

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
57/57  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Custer Thickett on Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:25 pm

Back at the Otyugh
=========================

Custer winches when Dwan outstretches a hand as one of his hands is pinching his nose and the other holding a crossbow.  He sighs, then moves K'Tesh's crossbow from his right hand to his left and reaches out to take Dwan's.  He tries to hold his breath as he speaks.  "Prince of Madness?  How is it all the Dwarves know this laughing Halfing, yeah?  I'd never heard of em before the last moon."  Cuss's face darkens as he begins to run out of air.  His eyes water, and he has to gasp, which leads him to doubling over once again.  "HURP!"

At the Boardwalk
=========================

Custer follows Dwan with, "Nay, we can't be destroying it with the city's foodstuffs on board, no.  Mayhaps we can check the stores before we go to doing that, but ya right..."  Cuss looks to Artimus, "What hope would we have against that Galleon at sea?  Truly?"  Before Artimus answers, Cuss can observes the panic in his face and rage in his eyes.  

Cuss looks to the others, then to Shorjahl.  "Shorjy, Can ya collapse the Galleon's masts?  Might be we could keep it from being able to leave, or just buy some time, yeah? If it can't be done, then might be I could go talk to the Shadows and buy the rest of ya some time, no?"

OOC Actions
==========================

Cuss will insist Ara stay hidden under the boardwalk or head back through the tunnels.

If Shorjahl can delay the Galleon, He will take the boardwalk to the Pistoles, using dash to move quickly.  If anybody steps to him and appears threatening, he will loose bolts into them without a word of warning.

As he nears the ship, he will switch from dash to stealth to take cover behind crates, barrels, wagons, or the profile of the ship to approach the thugs without being seen.  He will want to approach to about 80 feet away with full cover and await the others or some sign to act.

[Rolling stealth +7]
19

If Shorjahl cannot delay the Galleon, the Custer will consider walking over to it and delaying the Shadows as long as he can.


Last edited by Custer Thickett on Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  DiceMaster on Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:25 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 1

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Custer Thickett on Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:25 pm

[The dice roller hates me. Halfings luck.]
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  DiceMaster on Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:25 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D20' : 12

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Osvald Hale on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:41 pm

The rangers face is set grimly against the scene in the harbour.

As Artimus speaks, Osvald dutifully nods. "I'll swim with you. Perhaps the others could make a distraction from the dock side while we take the ship from within?" He grins, "Anyone else care for a dip?"

With a sigh, he sheds his cloak, using his dagger to cut a strip from the already ragged hem, then using the strip to tie down the arrows in his quiver, so none come loose in the swim. He wraps his pack, waterskin, and other belongings in his cloak and passes them to Ara. They would only weigh him down.

"Guard these, Ara. ...I say we should all meet back here, should things go sideways." Osvald looks back in the direction of the ship, gesturing with his hand:

"Best if we hug the harbour wall, then turn left and swim underneath the dock, straight up to your ship. Should give us some cover in case anyone happens to be looking."


Osvald looks around the area for any pieces of wood or flotsam that could assist with the swim...


=====

Making ready to swim, waiting on the others responses.

Osvald will leave unnecessary weight with Ara and volunteer to swim. Taking only weapons. Ao, if you rule leather armour too heavy to swim the distance in, Osvald will shed a few pieces as well, up to loosing a few points of AC? sound fair?
avatar
Osvald Hale
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 268
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
41/41  (41/41)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Ao on Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:39 pm

The cold water of Lake Esmel shocks your bodies, Artimus and Osvald diving deep into it’d depths.

The water splashes up onto the dock, where Shorjahl, Custer, Dwan and Kellar watch them begin their swim towards Trois Pistoles. The sun emerges from behind a cloud, casting glare upon the water surface. And soon, they are out of sight…

[…]

Custer leads the shore-bound group up the ladder. Ara moves to follow them, but at Custer’s stern gaze the young boy seems to crumple, kicking his feet against the wood. He seems reconciled, however, that Osvald has left his armor with him.

“You’ll come back for me, right?” he calls after you, as you climb up the wooden ladder and onto the docks.

[…]

A wagon trundles by, four men sitting atop it drinking bottles of liquor and laughing at their ill-gotten gains. Blood pools beneath your feet, and you can see that more than a few men and women have been cut down around you.

Keeping your guard sharp, [deferring to Custer’s actions] you move through chaotic scene, stepping over tumbled barrels and smashed crates.

Some of the boats have begun to set sail now. Clearly, not by the grace of their lawful owners.

You look over to the four-master as you round the bend towards the Jetty where Artimus’ boat sits, masts half-raised.

The four-master is nearly done being loaded, and the sails have already begun unfurling…

Suddenly, an incredibly loud horn blast echoes out from the western side of the docks. From round the corner of the warehouse strip, you can see a unit of cavalry come charging towards the throng of ruffians.

From this distance you cannot tell, but surely it is Captain Pelegar, leading an assault against a horde of armed brigands. They crash into the crowd, swinging swords as shadows and thieves go scattering, tearing in all directions.

The horn sounds again, a war wagon appearing from around the corner. More militiamen pour onto the docks.

You see the fleeing thieves charging in your direction, a man running by and dropping a bundle of exquisite silks at your feet.

[…]

Looking at the four-master, it is clear that they mean to disembark. The sails have begun unfurling, and the gangplank is kicked away, clattering into the water as the militiamen come within 100 feet of it.

Arrows begin flying off of the huge cargo ship, the shadows raining a volley down on the militiamen, causing them to seek cover and return fire.

Looking back towards’ Artimus’ boat, it seems the thieves have had the same idea. They stagger about the deck of the 60’ vessel, looking to untie lead lines and pulling absently at the sheets. It is clear that they are either inept sailors, or drunk, or both.

===========================

Ok guys. The four-master is about to disembark. The militiamen are firing on it, but it is returning fire, and the sails will be full in a matter of minutes.

Trois Pistoles’ deck is a busy scene. There are 10 men milling about, none of them with weapons in hand at this point, and none of them wearing any armor. They are more preoccupied with trying to figure out how to get the boat moving, so they aren’t really looking at you.

I won’t draw up a diagram of the ship. I’ll leave it for Artimus to find a picture of it / figure out what the deck plans are.

Captain DeLondes, you said theres a secret entrance of some sort. I’ll let you take the lead on that, and let us know how you and Osvald are getting in.

The others, you can simply charge the boat if you wish, or come up with another means of assault if that is still your intention.

EXP: +20 to all who posted.

Stats for the ruffians up in the lair. Also, for fun - DC 15 STR check as your standard action, to throw one of the ruffians overboard. DC 20 STR check, to throw two over at once. If failed, they get an AoO on you though, so beware.

avatar
Ao
The Unseen
The Unseen

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : ON

Character sheet
Armor Class::
Health:
1/1  (1/1)
Hit Dice::
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Dwan Bolduum on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:23 am

You’ll come back for me, right?

Dwan looks back to the boy, too far away to say a proper goodbye. Of course we will, now don't go getting yourself killed.

============================

Dwan looks around at the ensuing chaos.  We'll never make it to the Galleon on time, and we'll be letting Artimus and Osvald go to their doom.  Those men look like they can hardly stand on solid ground, they should be easy to take.

Now I've got a plan, but you have to work fast.  Custer, you seem to be pretty handy with those crossbows, I'll need you to cover my back.  Shorjahl, I'm not quite familiar with what powers you hold, but if you have anything that incapacitate any number of these men, your assistance will be greatly appreciated.  Kellar, I plan on knocking a few of these drunkards overboard, I'm going to need you to knock down the gangplank once we're all on, cut off any promise of reinforcements and help the rest of us secure the deck.

Now I need both of you to be ready at my signal
 Dwan looks towards the deck of the ship and grabs two small lengths of cloth from his pouch. Dwan looks back to the group rolling the cloth and stuffing a ball into each ear.  A mischievous peaks up through his beard,  You'll know the signal when you hear it.

============================

Dwan says a short prayer to his scepter, places it back on his belt and takes his shield in hand. He runs onto the deck of the ship and positions himself nearest the largest group of men. Dwan slides to a stop, energy building from within.

Sonic --

BOOM!

A thunderous boom emanates from Dwan's position on the ship as if a canon had been fired. The force of the shock wave blows back boxes and trinkets from the deck of the Trois Pistoles.

============================

Dwan gathers with the non swimmers and dictates a plan of action.  
Not wanting Osvald and Artimus to get ambushed Dwan rushes aboard and burns a lvl 1 spell to use Thunderwave (p. 282-283 PH)
Dwan targets the largest cluster of people that can be affected by a 15 foot cube, focusing primarily on pushing them off the deck.
DC 13 Constitution check - If hit they take 13 (6+7) damage and are pushed 10 feet away from Dwan. If miss they take 6 (half) damage and are not pushed.  Also any unsecured objects in this area are pushed back 10 feet.


Last edited by Dwan Bolduum on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Dwan Bolduum
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 224
Join date : 2015-01-29

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 14
Health:
57/57  (57/57)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  DiceMaster on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:23 am

The member 'Dwan Bolduum' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'D8' : 6, 7

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Custer Thickett on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:00 pm

Custer looks to Dwan as he speaks.  While he goes on about a plan and ordering others around, Custer's jaw drop slightly slack and he looks to Shorjahl, then to Kellar, then back to Dwan smiling through his nasty beard.  Custer starts to quip, but then decides it best to hold his tongue.  Might as well see what this one can do.  He whispers, "Just doan go sinking the boat, yeah?"  

Cuss lays his two loaded hand crossbows on the ground, and carefully pulls his father's loaded crossbow from his back.  A wonder ya didn't go off in the tunnels.  He leans his knees against the crate between him and the ship to hold his weight in a half crunch.  He slides the crossbow up the back of the crate until the stirrup is level with the top, and then raises on his knees just enough to peek his eyes over.  Cuss watches the Dwarf's charge, and observes the thugs making a mess of the ship's rigging.  Which one of ya bastard's fancy themselves in charge of this rabble?

[Rolling insight to try to determine who is in charge.  +1]
11

If Cuss is able determine a leader, he will target that one if he is still standing after Dwan's blast.  If not, he will target the first one to pull a weapon to threaten the dwarf.

Cuss grips the stock of the crossbow tightly, and begins to slide it up over the crate to level it for a shot.  He smiles, I have wanted to fire ya since I first saw ya in father's hands.  Be more true for me than ya ever were for him, yeah?  Custer frowns as Dwan begins up the gangplank, noticing none of the makeshift crew were unarmed.  I wonder if we just asked, if they'd have...  BOOM!  too late now.  Cuss looses his shot.

[Light crossbow Assassinate.  +5]
23  Auto Critical

The bolt flies true, striking a head dead center, and blooming a red flower to mark the target's passing.  

Custer throws the fired bow across his back, grabs his two hand crossbows from the ground, and charges after Kellar towards the ship.
Using dash.  50 ft


Last edited by Custer Thickett on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:01 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)
avatar
Custer Thickett
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 16
Health:
49/49  (49/49)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  DiceMaster on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:00 pm

The member 'Custer Thickett' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 10

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 18, 7

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Shorjahl on Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:06 pm

Shorjahl grimaces at the large explosion, but it is too late now. As battle erupts all around the arcanist, he sprints after his hin companion, chucking a bullet of pulsating energy toward the first thug who looks their way as they approach.

------------------------

Force Bolt cantrip, dash to keep up
9 vs AC, miss


Last edited by Shorjahl on Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Shorjahl
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 227
Join date : 2014-09-15

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 12
Health:
24/24  (24/24)
Hit Dice::
4/4  (4/4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  DiceMaster on Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:06 pm

The member 'Shorjahl' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'D20' : 4

--------------------------------

#2 'D10' : 3

DiceMaster
Winds of Fate

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Artimus DeLonde on Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:13 pm

The cool sea eeked into the corner of his lips salty and sweet. the fresh water on his hot dirty neck was gentle and cleansing, his whole body felt freed of mire, sweat, muck, shit and tyranny. The mariner was greatfull that he did not tred forward alone. the water rippled behind him as Osvald glided through the water. The pounding of boots upon the boards overhead sounded out approach of the dry dock assualt. Artimus counted his luck and spoke thanks to the Moonmaiden. They would retake his ship.


Artimus and Lord Hale approached the sea side of the Pistol. It bobbed gently up and down in the jetty, seemingly unaware of the calamatous ignition that it up the harbour.  Swimming along the belly of his ship Artmius crawled till he was in line with the stern cannonport, he singlaled to Osvald, this would be where they made their ascent.

Reaching up Artimus felt for the inauspicious handholds up the side of the ship, finding the first grip he pulled himself out of the water, straining against the weight of his clothing. The briny water drained out of his breeches and tunic, like cinderblocks falling away from his body.

"Zhank you for zhis Mousioure Hale, you have no idea the meaning to me." He thanked the shagged ranger.

Pushing A notched panel three quaters of the way up the hullside, the cannon port popped open allowing gloved fingers to slip in and pry the porthole open.


Artimus pulled himself inside, landing gracelessly beside the cold steel cannon with a damp thud.

He surveyed the familiar surroundings.


The pair seemed to be alone for the moment. Artimus moved toward the companionway (stairs from upper deck of ship to lower deck ). Pausing for a moment the Cormyrian turned to Osvald drawing his blade.

"I beleieve itz time we zwab the deck, non?"


At the top of the stair Artimus quickly surveyed the surrounding he saw nearly a dozen men,  stupified and blundering about to his left a man struggled with the port riggings.

"Beinvenue Au Trois Pistolz Mozherfuckerz!"

Artimus boomed.

As the maraurader turned to meet the sound, he was greeted with a boot in the chest sending him reeling over the gunwale to the sea below.

Artimus turned his attention to the rest of the brigands, broad chested and goading.

"I believe you're trezzpazzing!"
======================



So I've taken some liberties to move to story along,  I hope that's agreeable,   Busy day so I was alittle rushed,   pics of the ship by 8pm!
avatar
Artimus DeLonde
Hero of Legend
Hero of Legend

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 33
Location : GTA

Character sheet
Armor Class:: 18
Health:
50/61  (50/61)
Hit Dice::
6/6  (6/6)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum